Hello to all... I will be traveling to Europe with my 12 year old daughter this summer. Thoughts of our trip together started a few months ago when she said she would like to see Big Ben. After I got over the shock of the airline costs, I started a little on-line research and realized that it was very easy and inexpensive to travel to different countries once you were in Europe so I suggested to her that we add Paris to our trip. (She is VERY fashion oriented). She was THRILLED with the idea. I finally sat down and started some serious research and my trip started to grow. I thought... since it is so expensive to fly here, we should make the most of it while we are here. She is still quite young and I would like her to get a general feel for Europe vs. focusing on one or two countries and the sightseeing that goes along with each country. As of now, my thoughts are: USA to England to Paris to Switzerland to either Barcelona or Venice then home. Total days .... about 11 although I am flexible with that. I plan on staying at Bed and Breakfasts or hostels (with private room). So my question to experienced travelers.... Is this possible or am I making a mistake? Any suggestions ? Thanks so much!
First time traveler ... Mom and daughter trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Sardinia trip report
- 2 4 weeks in the UK
- 3 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 4 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 5 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 6 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 7 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 8 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 9 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 10 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 11 Granada
- 12 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 13 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 14 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 First time to Switzerland
- 17 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 18 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 19 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 20 Eastern Europe
- 21 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 22 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 23 Switzerland help...?
- 24 Base for a Week in Normandy or Brittany in July
- 25 Airport ATMs