Hello to all... I will be traveling to Europe with my 12 year old daughter this summer. Thoughts of our trip together started a few months ago when she said she would like to see Big Ben. After I got over the shock of the airline costs, I started a little on-line research and realized that it was very easy and inexpensive to travel to different countries once you were in Europe so I suggested to her that we add Paris to our trip. (She is VERY fashion oriented). She was THRILLED with the idea. I finally sat down and started some serious research and my trip started to grow. I thought... since it is so expensive to fly here, we should make the most of it while we are here. She is still quite young and I would like her to get a general feel for Europe vs. focusing on one or two countries and the sightseeing that goes along with each country. As of now, my thoughts are: USA to England to Paris to Switzerland to either Barcelona or Venice then home. Total days .... about 11 although I am flexible with that. I plan on staying at Bed and Breakfasts or hostels (with private room). So my question to experienced travelers.... Is this possible or am I making a mistake? Any suggestions ? Thanks so much!
First time traveler ... Mom and daughter trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 2 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 3 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 4 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 5 Globus Tours
- 6 Scotland Votes "No"
- 7 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 8 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 9 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 10 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 11 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 12 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 13 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 14 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 15 Italy tours
- 16 Gift for French business associate
- 17 Loving Italy: our trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice
- 18 1 week Tuscany in November
- 19 The honest Italian tale of the laughs, the panics and the awe
- 20 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 21 Sunny September Trip Report
- 22 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 23 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 24 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 25 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days