Hello to all... I will be traveling to Europe with my 12 year old daughter this summer. Thoughts of our trip together started a few months ago when she said she would like to see Big Ben. After I got over the shock of the airline costs, I started a little on-line research and realized that it was very easy and inexpensive to travel to different countries once you were in Europe so I suggested to her that we add Paris to our trip. (She is VERY fashion oriented). She was THRILLED with the idea. I finally sat down and started some serious research and my trip started to grow. I thought... since it is so expensive to fly here, we should make the most of it while we are here. She is still quite young and I would like her to get a general feel for Europe vs. focusing on one or two countries and the sightseeing that goes along with each country. As of now, my thoughts are: USA to England to Paris to Switzerland to either Barcelona or Venice then home. Total days .... about 11 although I am flexible with that. I plan on staying at Bed and Breakfasts or hostels (with private room). So my question to experienced travelers.... Is this possible or am I making a mistake? Any suggestions ? Thanks so much!
First time traveler ... Mom and daughter trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cannes >> Corsica
- 2 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 3 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 4 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 5 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 6 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 7 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 8 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 9 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 10 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 11 Help with a small island in Greece
- 12 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 13 When is it best to go to Iceland to see the northern lights?
- 14 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 15 International driving permit required in France?
- 16 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 17 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 18 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 19 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 20 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 21 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 22 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 23 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 24 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 25 Versailles King's Chamber Tour