Hello to all... I will be traveling to Europe with my 12 year old daughter this summer. Thoughts of our trip together started a few months ago when she said she would like to see Big Ben. After I got over the shock of the airline costs, I started a little on-line research and realized that it was very easy and inexpensive to travel to different countries once you were in Europe so I suggested to her that we add Paris to our trip. (She is VERY fashion oriented). She was THRILLED with the idea. I finally sat down and started some serious research and my trip started to grow. I thought... since it is so expensive to fly here, we should make the most of it while we are here. She is still quite young and I would like her to get a general feel for Europe vs. focusing on one or two countries and the sightseeing that goes along with each country. As of now, my thoughts are: USA to England to Paris to Switzerland to either Barcelona or Venice then home. Total days .... about 11 although I am flexible with that. I plan on staying at Bed and Breakfasts or hostels (with private room). So my question to experienced travelers.... Is this possible or am I making a mistake? Any suggestions ? Thanks so much!
First time traveler ... Mom and daughter trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 2 Hey Fodor's
- 3 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 4 Paris to Annecy by Train
- 5 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 6 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 7 Jewelry
- 8 Restaurants/cafes in Paris still open after 10pm?
- 9 France in December 2014
- 10 Olive Oil
- 11 We have no idea where to go!
- 12 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 13 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 14 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 15 From Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport to 8, Champs Elysees, Paris
- 16 Fantastic 3Days adventure trip in Kenya for only Usd 280 (for the 3days)
- 17 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 18 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 19 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 20 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 21 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 22 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 23 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 24 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 25 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?