Hello to all... I will be traveling to Europe with my 12 year old daughter this summer. Thoughts of our trip together started a few months ago when she said she would like to see Big Ben. After I got over the shock of the airline costs, I started a little on-line research and realized that it was very easy and inexpensive to travel to different countries once you were in Europe so I suggested to her that we add Paris to our trip. (She is VERY fashion oriented). She was THRILLED with the idea. I finally sat down and started some serious research and my trip started to grow. I thought... since it is so expensive to fly here, we should make the most of it while we are here. She is still quite young and I would like her to get a general feel for Europe vs. focusing on one or two countries and the sightseeing that goes along with each country. As of now, my thoughts are: USA to England to Paris to Switzerland to either Barcelona or Venice then home. Total days .... about 11 although I am flexible with that. I plan on staying at Bed and Breakfasts or hostels (with private room). So my question to experienced travelers.... Is this possible or am I making a mistake? Any suggestions ? Thanks so much!
First time traveler ... Mom and daughter trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 2 I need a haircut
- 3 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 4 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 5 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 6 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 7 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 8 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 9 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 10 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 11 We Need a Pact
- 12 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 13 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 14 german rail ticket question
- 15 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 16 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 17 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 18 flea markets in France
- 19 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 20 Italy vacation rental help
- 21 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 22 Monet in Normandy
- 23 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 24 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 25 Honeymooning in Europe