Hello to all... I will be traveling to Europe with my 12 year old daughter this summer. Thoughts of our trip together started a few months ago when she said she would like to see Big Ben. After I got over the shock of the airline costs, I started a little on-line research and realized that it was very easy and inexpensive to travel to different countries once you were in Europe so I suggested to her that we add Paris to our trip. (She is VERY fashion oriented). She was THRILLED with the idea. I finally sat down and started some serious research and my trip started to grow. I thought... since it is so expensive to fly here, we should make the most of it while we are here. She is still quite young and I would like her to get a general feel for Europe vs. focusing on one or two countries and the sightseeing that goes along with each country. As of now, my thoughts are: USA to England to Paris to Switzerland to either Barcelona or Venice then home. Total days .... about 11 although I am flexible with that. I plan on staying at Bed and Breakfasts or hostels (with private room). So my question to experienced travelers.... Is this possible or am I making a mistake? Any suggestions ? Thanks so much!
First time traveler ... Mom and daughter trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 2 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 3 tour guides in rome
- 4 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 5 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 6 Toulouse and beyond -
- 7 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 8 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 9 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 10 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 11 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 12 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 13 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 14 Seaside island village in Greece
- 15 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 16 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 7 days in Greece
- 19 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 20 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 21 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 22 Spain itineraries
- 23 Itinerary Help!
- 24 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 25 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?