Hello to all... I will be traveling to Europe with my 12 year old daughter this summer. Thoughts of our trip together started a few months ago when she said she would like to see Big Ben. After I got over the shock of the airline costs, I started a little on-line research and realized that it was very easy and inexpensive to travel to different countries once you were in Europe so I suggested to her that we add Paris to our trip. (She is VERY fashion oriented). She was THRILLED with the idea. I finally sat down and started some serious research and my trip started to grow. I thought... since it is so expensive to fly here, we should make the most of it while we are here. She is still quite young and I would like her to get a general feel for Europe vs. focusing on one or two countries and the sightseeing that goes along with each country. As of now, my thoughts are: USA to England to Paris to Switzerland to either Barcelona or Venice then home. Total days .... about 11 although I am flexible with that. I plan on staying at Bed and Breakfasts or hostels (with private room). So my question to experienced travelers.... Is this possible or am I making a mistake? Any suggestions ? Thanks so much!
First time traveler ... Mom and daughter trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 2 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 3 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 4 I dream of Europe
- 5 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 6 Rome Food Tour
- 7 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 8 First Time to UK since 2001
- 9 Help with England/Wales tour
- 10 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 11 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 12 Autumn in Paris
- 13 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 14 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 15 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 16 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 17 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 18 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 19 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 20 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 21 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 22 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 23 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 24 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 25 Live ( almost) report from Greece!