Hello to all... I will be traveling to Europe with my 12 year old daughter this summer. Thoughts of our trip together started a few months ago when she said she would like to see Big Ben. After I got over the shock of the airline costs, I started a little on-line research and realized that it was very easy and inexpensive to travel to different countries once you were in Europe so I suggested to her that we add Paris to our trip. (She is VERY fashion oriented). She was THRILLED with the idea. I finally sat down and started some serious research and my trip started to grow. I thought... since it is so expensive to fly here, we should make the most of it while we are here. She is still quite young and I would like her to get a general feel for Europe vs. focusing on one or two countries and the sightseeing that goes along with each country. As of now, my thoughts are: USA to England to Paris to Switzerland to either Barcelona or Venice then home. Total days .... about 11 although I am flexible with that. I plan on staying at Bed and Breakfasts or hostels (with private room). So my question to experienced travelers.... Is this possible or am I making a mistake? Any suggestions ? Thanks so much!
First time traveler ... Mom and daughter trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 2 Spain Questions
- 3 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 4 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 5 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 6 Avignon to London?
- 7 Europe in 21 days
- 8 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 9 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 12 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 15 one last portugal car rental question
- 16 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 17 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 18 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 19 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 22 Street food in Turkey
- 23 Dublin Hostels
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions