Hello to all... I will be traveling to Europe with my 12 year old daughter this summer. Thoughts of our trip together started a few months ago when she said she would like to see Big Ben. After I got over the shock of the airline costs, I started a little on-line research and realized that it was very easy and inexpensive to travel to different countries once you were in Europe so I suggested to her that we add Paris to our trip. (She is VERY fashion oriented). She was THRILLED with the idea. I finally sat down and started some serious research and my trip started to grow. I thought... since it is so expensive to fly here, we should make the most of it while we are here. She is still quite young and I would like her to get a general feel for Europe vs. focusing on one or two countries and the sightseeing that goes along with each country. As of now, my thoughts are: USA to England to Paris to Switzerland to either Barcelona or Venice then home. Total days .... about 11 although I am flexible with that. I plan on staying at Bed and Breakfasts or hostels (with private room). So my question to experienced travelers.... Is this possible or am I making a mistake? Any suggestions ? Thanks so much!
First time traveler ... Mom and daughter trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip but no PIN
- 2 Foie gras, redux
- 3 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 4 Dublin Tour Companies
- 5 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 6 Day trips from Seville
- 7 Oktoberfest reservations
- 8 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 9 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 10 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 11 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 12 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 13 Southern France
- 14 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 17 What still confounds you about travel?
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 20 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 21 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 22 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 23 Train to Airport in Venice
- 24 Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids