Hello to all... I will be traveling to Europe with my 12 year old daughter this summer. Thoughts of our trip together started a few months ago when she said she would like to see Big Ben. After I got over the shock of the airline costs, I started a little on-line research and realized that it was very easy and inexpensive to travel to different countries once you were in Europe so I suggested to her that we add Paris to our trip. (She is VERY fashion oriented). She was THRILLED with the idea. I finally sat down and started some serious research and my trip started to grow. I thought... since it is so expensive to fly here, we should make the most of it while we are here. She is still quite young and I would like her to get a general feel for Europe vs. focusing on one or two countries and the sightseeing that goes along with each country. As of now, my thoughts are: USA to England to Paris to Switzerland to either Barcelona or Venice then home. Total days .... about 11 although I am flexible with that. I plan on staying at Bed and Breakfasts or hostels (with private room). So my question to experienced travelers.... Is this possible or am I making a mistake? Any suggestions ? Thanks so much!
First time traveler ... Mom and daughter trip
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Dresden Train Station
- 2 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 3 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 4 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 5 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 6 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 7 London for Christmas
- 8 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 9 Chambermaid tipping
- 10 River cruises
- 11 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 14 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 15 More help with housing in Puglia
- 16 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 17 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 18 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 19 7 days in Andalucia
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 21 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 22 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 23 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 24 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 25 Switzerland up close...360 views