In a few weeks, I'll be coming to Schlongau(1 hour SW of Munich) for a work meeting, and decided to head into the area a day early to explore Munich, as I have never been before. I will be arriving on Saturday December 7th at 9:45 AM to MUC and will be free until Sunday December 7th at ~10 AM when I will pick up my boss from MUC to drive to Schongau. We will be staying in Schlongau for the remainder of the trip, however we will have the afternoon available on Sunday.
Having never been to Munich, or Germany in general since I was too young to remember much of anything(4 years old), I'd love to squeeze in a bunch during my time there.
Based on this short visit time, and my interests(following), do you have any recommended places to visit, stay, eat, drink, shop, etc?
-Food - although I do enjoy wurst from time-to-time, I enjoy trying new things and eating a varied diet, especially with sweets. I love bakeries, so would be interested in learning about some that I should visit.
-Cultural events - festivals, holiday gatherings, etc.
-Shopping - Christmas is coming up, so this would be a great place to get gifts from
-Outdoors - I love hiking and seeing beautiful sights, if the weather is right for it.
-Cars - I have a background in car racing, so would be interested in car- and technology-related activities/sights.
-Connecting with people - This may be hard to do in a city so large, but I'm always interested in meeting and connecting with new people to learn about them and their cultures, while they do the same with me.
Given that I will be staying alone for 1 night and do not speak any German at this time, are there any areas that I should avoid, for safety reasons? What area would you recommend that I stay in? I will be trying to learn some German phrases in anticipation of this trip, but there is only so much that you can learn in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 강남안마o1o-2816-2526 강남역안마 강남안마방
- 2 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 3 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 4 Labor Day in Paris
- 5 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 6 I may be wrong....
- 7 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 8 Driver"s License & Language
- 9 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 10 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 13 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 14 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 15 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 16 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 17 Train up the Jungfrau
- 18 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 19 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 20 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 21 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 22 A visit to Greenwich
- 23 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 24 Spain or South of France in July 2017?
- 25 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
First time in Munich for 1.5 days in early December - then Schongau