In a few weeks, I'll be coming to Schlongau(1 hour SW of Munich) for a work meeting, and decided to head into the area a day early to explore Munich, as I have never been before. I will be arriving on Saturday December 7th at 9:45 AM to MUC and will be free until Sunday December 7th at ~10 AM when I will pick up my boss from MUC to drive to Schongau. We will be staying in Schlongau for the remainder of the trip, however we will have the afternoon available on Sunday.
Having never been to Munich, or Germany in general since I was too young to remember much of anything(4 years old), I'd love to squeeze in a bunch during my time there.
Based on this short visit time, and my interests(following), do you have any recommended places to visit, stay, eat, drink, shop, etc?
-Food - although I do enjoy wurst from time-to-time, I enjoy trying new things and eating a varied diet, especially with sweets. I love bakeries, so would be interested in learning about some that I should visit.
-Cultural events - festivals, holiday gatherings, etc.
-Shopping - Christmas is coming up, so this would be a great place to get gifts from
-Outdoors - I love hiking and seeing beautiful sights, if the weather is right for it.
-Cars - I have a background in car racing, so would be interested in car- and technology-related activities/sights.
-Connecting with people - This may be hard to do in a city so large, but I'm always interested in meeting and connecting with new people to learn about them and their cultures, while they do the same with me.
Given that I will be staying alone for 1 night and do not speak any German at this time, are there any areas that I should avoid, for safety reasons? What area would you recommend that I stay in? I will be trying to learn some German phrases in anticipation of this trip, but there is only so much that you can learn in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in January?
- 2 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 3 10 days in London in early December
- 4 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 5 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 6 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 9 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 10 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 11 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 14 Scotland in December
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 18 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 19 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 20 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 21 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 22 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 23 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 24 Iceland
- 25 Greece
First time in Munich for 1.5 days in early December - then Schongau