My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe. We have 18 days including travel time. We purchased round trip tickets to Dublin, Ireland. We go the end of April to the first part of May of 2014. We would like to do a BIG loop. The objective of this trip is to visit as many destinations as possible, take is as many cultures as possible, stay on the move yet enjoy it all! We know one day we will go back and spend longer amounts of time in each spot, but for now we want adventure! A little about us, we are fairly experienced travelers and do very well adapting to our surroundings, we embrace new things and love culture. And have no kids. What our brainstorming has come up with so far... we are looking into buying the global rail pass, (we are under 26 so its a great deal for all the places we want to go), we are planning to only pack what we can carry, we are planning to use a sleeper train on our longer routes and also use hotels or b&b or hostiles...of course we don't want to backpack the entire trip, but we do want to be conveniently prepared if we need to. So our destination path so far are the following: fly into Dublin, Ireland, day trip to Cork, to Belfast then to Scotland (6 days split between Ireland and Scotland), from Scotland to London (night train of course)stay in London for 6 days, then to Paris for 4 days, from Paris to Wales for 1 day, from wales back to Dublin, fly back to U.S. Is this itenary possible and reasonable? like I said we are willing to travel at night, carry backpacks if needed. Our main places we must hit are Ireland-London-Paris....ok open to any and all suggestions from packing, dos and donts, where to stay, where to play. Its your turn now...go!
First Europe adventure and new to Fodors....any imput, advice is welcome!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 2 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 3 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 4 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 5 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 6 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 7 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 8 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 9 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 10 itinerary help
- 11 9 days in turkey
- 12 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 13 Germany-berlin marathon
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 16 Nice Video about Poland
- 17 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 18 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 19 Reims for a day
- 20 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 21 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 22 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 23 Toulouse and beyond -
- 24 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 25 St Pancras to Holburn tube station