My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe. We have 18 days including travel time. We purchased round trip tickets to Dublin, Ireland. We go the end of April to the first part of May of 2014. We would like to do a BIG loop. The objective of this trip is to visit as many destinations as possible, take is as many cultures as possible, stay on the move yet enjoy it all! We know one day we will go back and spend longer amounts of time in each spot, but for now we want adventure! A little about us, we are fairly experienced travelers and do very well adapting to our surroundings, we embrace new things and love culture. And have no kids. What our brainstorming has come up with so far... we are looking into buying the global rail pass, (we are under 26 so its a great deal for all the places we want to go), we are planning to only pack what we can carry, we are planning to use a sleeper train on our longer routes and also use hotels or b&b or hostiles...of course we don't want to backpack the entire trip, but we do want to be conveniently prepared if we need to. So our destination path so far are the following: fly into Dublin, Ireland, day trip to Cork, to Belfast then to Scotland (6 days split between Ireland and Scotland), from Scotland to London (night train of course)stay in London for 6 days, then to Paris for 4 days, from Paris to Wales for 1 day, from wales back to Dublin, fly back to U.S. Is this itenary possible and reasonable? like I said we are willing to travel at night, carry backpacks if needed. Our main places we must hit are Ireland-London-Paris....ok open to any and all suggestions from packing, dos and donts, where to stay, where to play. Its your turn now...go!
First Europe adventure and new to Fodors....any imput, advice is welcome!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 2 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 3 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 4 Traveling to Bordeaux
- 5 Fashion week Sept 23-Oct 1....our dates for Paris Sept 22-28
- 6 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 7 St Christophers Paris
- 8 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 9 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 10 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 11 Help creating Honeymoon itinerary
- 12 A1 to A12 vs. A14: Which is the easier drive from Sulmona to Mondovi?
- 13 Accomodation detail in VISA application
- 14 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 15 Spain to France Itenerary Question: Plane or Train
- 16 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 17 Zermatt, Switzerland
- 18 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 19 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 20 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 21 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 22 netherlands-Prag-vienne-budapest-munich BY CAR in WINTER?roads?
- 23 Paris then Glasgow with 5 kids
- 24 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 25 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?