I'm planning to head out to Dublin for 3 days and from there travel around the UK.
From there, I plan to fly to Edinburgh and then take a tour to the Scottish Highlands (really hoping for good weather on this day primarily).
All in all, I have 8 days and right off the bat 5 are taken up. Now I have 3 days left, which I intended to spend in London, but I was wondering if I should cut my time in London to 2 days, where else can I go? I like everything - nature, museums, landmarks, etc but I want to get a true feel of England, which I know is impossible in 3 days.
The options I'm left with are
1) 3 days in London
2) 1 day elsewhere and 2 in London
3) removing Scotland entirely from the trip for 5 days in England
Places people have recommended are York, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Cornwall and admittedly, I've looked around and while I would love to visit them all, I simply don't have the time. But I also don't want to miss something that may be extremely important and I'll regret in the future (as I probably would not be back to the UK for quite a few years or so). So please provide me with some suggestions! If these are too good then I will remove Scotland from the trip and instead head directly to England.
Just to add to the situation - I will be spending time in Dublin with others, however from my flight to Edinburgh and travels through the UK, I will be alone. This is my first time traveling solo, and I am worried it might get a bit lonely if I am constantly moving from place to place? So it makes me wonder if it might be a good idea to spend those 3 days in London, enjoy it fully and meet people and take it at a slower pace (compared to 2 days) rather than spend a day in another city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 2 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 3 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 4 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 5 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 6 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 7 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 8 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 9 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 10 Germany train help!
- 11 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 12 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 13 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 14 Another tipping question: concierges
- 15 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Interesting places to visit
- 18 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 19 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 20 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 21 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 22 Acropolis Athens
- 23 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville