I'm planning to head out to Dublin for 3 days and from there travel around the UK.
From there, I plan to fly to Edinburgh and then take a tour to the Scottish Highlands (really hoping for good weather on this day primarily).
All in all, I have 8 days and right off the bat 5 are taken up. Now I have 3 days left, which I intended to spend in London, but I was wondering if I should cut my time in London to 2 days, where else can I go? I like everything - nature, museums, landmarks, etc but I want to get a true feel of England, which I know is impossible in 3 days.
The options I'm left with are
1) 3 days in London
2) 1 day elsewhere and 2 in London
3) removing Scotland entirely from the trip for 5 days in England
Places people have recommended are York, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Cornwall and admittedly, I've looked around and while I would love to visit them all, I simply don't have the time. But I also don't want to miss something that may be extremely important and I'll regret in the future (as I probably would not be back to the UK for quite a few years or so). So please provide me with some suggestions! If these are too good then I will remove Scotland from the trip and instead head directly to England.
Just to add to the situation - I will be spending time in Dublin with others, however from my flight to Edinburgh and travels through the UK, I will be alone. This is my first time traveling solo, and I am worried it might get a bit lonely if I am constantly moving from place to place? So it makes me wonder if it might be a good idea to spend those 3 days in London, enjoy it fully and meet people and take it at a slower pace (compared to 2 days) rather than spend a day in another city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in London
- 2 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 3 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 4 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 5 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 6 Vacation
- 7 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 8 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 9 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 10 No Periods in British Written English!
- 11 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 12 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 13 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 14 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 19 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 20 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 21 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 22 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 23 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 24 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 25 Day trips around Vienna