I'm planning to head out to Dublin for 3 days and from there travel around the UK.
From there, I plan to fly to Edinburgh and then take a tour to the Scottish Highlands (really hoping for good weather on this day primarily).
All in all, I have 8 days and right off the bat 5 are taken up. Now I have 3 days left, which I intended to spend in London, but I was wondering if I should cut my time in London to 2 days, where else can I go? I like everything - nature, museums, landmarks, etc but I want to get a true feel of England, which I know is impossible in 3 days.
The options I'm left with are
1) 3 days in London
2) 1 day elsewhere and 2 in London
3) removing Scotland entirely from the trip for 5 days in England
Places people have recommended are York, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Cornwall and admittedly, I've looked around and while I would love to visit them all, I simply don't have the time. But I also don't want to miss something that may be extremely important and I'll regret in the future (as I probably would not be back to the UK for quite a few years or so). So please provide me with some suggestions! If these are too good then I will remove Scotland from the trip and instead head directly to England.
Just to add to the situation - I will be spending time in Dublin with others, however from my flight to Edinburgh and travels through the UK, I will be alone. This is my first time traveling solo, and I am worried it might get a bit lonely if I am constantly moving from place to place? So it makes me wonder if it might be a good idea to spend those 3 days in London, enjoy it fully and meet people and take it at a slower pace (compared to 2 days) rather than spend a day in another city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shoes in Scotland
- 2 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 3 Engadine Valley help
- 4 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 5 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 6 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 7 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 8 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 9 Naples, Italy
- 10 Ireland in April
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 13 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 14 French restaurants
- 15 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 16 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 17 Tuscany 6 nights
- 18 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 19 Ireland travel passport question
- 20 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 21 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 22 Planning a European Trip
- 23 France & Italy, May or June
- 24 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 25 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?