I'm planning to head out to Dublin for 3 days and from there travel around the UK.
From there, I plan to fly to Edinburgh and then take a tour to the Scottish Highlands (really hoping for good weather on this day primarily).
All in all, I have 8 days and right off the bat 5 are taken up. Now I have 3 days left, which I intended to spend in London, but I was wondering if I should cut my time in London to 2 days, where else can I go? I like everything - nature, museums, landmarks, etc but I want to get a true feel of England, which I know is impossible in 3 days.
The options I'm left with are
1) 3 days in London
2) 1 day elsewhere and 2 in London
3) removing Scotland entirely from the trip for 5 days in England
Places people have recommended are York, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Cornwall and admittedly, I've looked around and while I would love to visit them all, I simply don't have the time. But I also don't want to miss something that may be extremely important and I'll regret in the future (as I probably would not be back to the UK for quite a few years or so). So please provide me with some suggestions! If these are too good then I will remove Scotland from the trip and instead head directly to England.
Just to add to the situation - I will be spending time in Dublin with others, however from my flight to Edinburgh and travels through the UK, I will be alone. This is my first time traveling solo, and I am worried it might get a bit lonely if I am constantly moving from place to place? So it makes me wonder if it might be a good idea to spend those 3 days in London, enjoy it fully and meet people and take it at a slower pace (compared to 2 days) rather than spend a day in another city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GETGEEKS: YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540 :6830 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 3 16 days in France and Italy
- 4 Paris for children
- 5 Madrid food advice needed
- 6 Best areas of Porto to stay
- 7 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 8 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 9 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 10 Couscous
- 11 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 13 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 14 IWM
- 15 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 16 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 17 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 18 One July night in Verona - help!
- 19 Avoid Europcar!
- 20 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 23 Scotland - We're Here!
- 24 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 25 European Vacation 2017