I'm planning to head out to Dublin for 3 days and from there travel around the UK.
From there, I plan to fly to Edinburgh and then take a tour to the Scottish Highlands (really hoping for good weather on this day primarily).
All in all, I have 8 days and right off the bat 5 are taken up. Now I have 3 days left, which I intended to spend in London, but I was wondering if I should cut my time in London to 2 days, where else can I go? I like everything - nature, museums, landmarks, etc but I want to get a true feel of England, which I know is impossible in 3 days.
The options I'm left with are
1) 3 days in London
2) 1 day elsewhere and 2 in London
3) removing Scotland entirely from the trip for 5 days in England
Places people have recommended are York, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Cornwall and admittedly, I've looked around and while I would love to visit them all, I simply don't have the time. But I also don't want to miss something that may be extremely important and I'll regret in the future (as I probably would not be back to the UK for quite a few years or so). So please provide me with some suggestions! If these are too good then I will remove Scotland from the trip and instead head directly to England.
Just to add to the situation - I will be spending time in Dublin with others, however from my flight to Edinburgh and travels through the UK, I will be alone. This is my first time traveling solo, and I am worried it might get a bit lonely if I am constantly moving from place to place? So it makes me wonder if it might be a good idea to spend those 3 days in London, enjoy it fully and meet people and take it at a slower pace (compared to 2 days) rather than spend a day in another city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 2 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 3 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 4 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 5 Iceland 3 day layover
- 6 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 7 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 10 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 11 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 12 Milos beach stay
- 13 Paris to Bordeaux
- 14 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 15 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 16 WWI Battlefields
- 17 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 18 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 19 Train travel
- 20 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 21 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 22 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 23 Christmas Markets 2017
- 24 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 25 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)