We are planning a trip to France in late July. We will fly into Paris. We will stay a couple of nights there, rent a car and start the drive south. We are looking at a route through Tours, Poitiers, Perigord, the Dordogne area, Sarlat, Carhor, Colliur, Beziers, and then on to Yviore. And that point we will join a group of friends. I have googled the travel time from Paris to Beziers. I think it's around 8 hours. How many days do we allow? At first we thought we would take a day's drive and then stop each night at a different place. But also we would spend three nights in Sarlat to explore the Dordoghne area. Now I wonder if we should stay 5 nights or so in Sarlat and take day trips from there. Questions '" Are either of these plausible plans?" "How many days to do this well?" "We do not speak French, will the driving be difficult?" "What would you recommend in terms of what to see and do on this drive?" "We need to rent the car in Paris and drop it off in or near Yviore, is that possible." Any advice or information would be appreciated. I know July is probably not the best month to travel there, but that is when it has to happen. I know 2 days in Paris is not enough. We hope to tag on an extra day or two at the end of the trip with our group. Thank you for your time and attention.
Exploring France by car
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 3 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 4 Dresden Train Station
- 5 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 6 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 7 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 8 Novels set in Greece
- 9 Chambermaid tipping
- 10 London for Christmas
- 11 Istanbul and Cappadocia in 10 days - trip report
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 14 Greek islands from Turkey
- 15 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 16 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 17 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 18 Waltz performances in Stadtpark Vienna
- 19 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 20 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 21 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 22 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 23 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 24 Italian Lakes gardens
- 25 More help with housing in Puglia