We are planning a trip to France in late July. We will fly into Paris. We will stay a couple of nights there, rent a car and start the drive south. We are looking at a route through Tours, Poitiers, Perigord, the Dordogne area, Sarlat, Carhor, Colliur, Beziers, and then on to Yviore. And that point we will join a group of friends. I have googled the travel time from Paris to Beziers. I think it's around 8 hours. How many days do we allow? At first we thought we would take a day's drive and then stop each night at a different place. But also we would spend three nights in Sarlat to explore the Dordoghne area. Now I wonder if we should stay 5 nights or so in Sarlat and take day trips from there. Questions '" Are either of these plausible plans?" "How many days to do this well?" "We do not speak French, will the driving be difficult?" "What would you recommend in terms of what to see and do on this drive?" "We need to rent the car in Paris and drop it off in or near Yviore, is that possible." Any advice or information would be appreciated. I know July is probably not the best month to travel there, but that is when it has to happen. I know 2 days in Paris is not enough. We hope to tag on an extra day or two at the end of the trip with our group. Thank you for your time and attention.
Exploring France by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 car rental companies Italy
- 2 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 3 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 4 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 5 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 6 tour guides in rome
- 7 one last portugal car rental question
- 8 A drive in Europe
- 9 Amsterdam hotel advice
- 10 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 11 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 12 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 13 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 14 London hotel
- 15 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 16 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 17 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 18 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 19 Toulouse and beyond -
- 20 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 21 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 22 Location of hotel in Rome
- 23 Sicily Suggetions
- 24 Paris in April?
- 25 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?