We are planning a trip to France in late July. We will fly into Paris. We will stay a couple of nights there, rent a car and start the drive south. We are looking at a route through Tours, Poitiers, Perigord, the Dordogne area, Sarlat, Carhor, Colliur, Beziers, and then on to Yviore. And that point we will join a group of friends. I have googled the travel time from Paris to Beziers. I think it's around 8 hours. How many days do we allow? At first we thought we would take a day's drive and then stop each night at a different place. But also we would spend three nights in Sarlat to explore the Dordoghne area. Now I wonder if we should stay 5 nights or so in Sarlat and take day trips from there. Questions '" Are either of these plausible plans?" "How many days to do this well?" "We do not speak French, will the driving be difficult?" "What would you recommend in terms of what to see and do on this drive?" "We need to rent the car in Paris and drop it off in or near Yviore, is that possible." Any advice or information would be appreciated. I know July is probably not the best month to travel there, but that is when it has to happen. I know 2 days in Paris is not enough. We hope to tag on an extra day or two at the end of the trip with our group. Thank you for your time and attention.
Exploring France by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 2 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 3 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 4 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 5 No points in Paris .....
- 6 Small group for Colosseum
- 7 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 8 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 9 Three days in Spain
- 10 Monet in Normandy
- 11 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 12 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 13 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 14 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 15 London visit
- 16 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 17 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 18 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 19 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 20 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 21 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 22 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 23 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 24 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 25 21 Days in Central Europe