We are planning a trip to France in late July. We will fly into Paris. We will stay a couple of nights there, rent a car and start the drive south. We are looking at a route through Tours, Poitiers, Perigord, the Dordogne area, Sarlat, Carhor, Colliur, Beziers, and then on to Yviore. And that point we will join a group of friends. I have googled the travel time from Paris to Beziers. I think it's around 8 hours. How many days do we allow? At first we thought we would take a day's drive and then stop each night at a different place. But also we would spend three nights in Sarlat to explore the Dordoghne area. Now I wonder if we should stay 5 nights or so in Sarlat and take day trips from there. Questions '" Are either of these plausible plans?" "How many days to do this well?" "We do not speak French, will the driving be difficult?" "What would you recommend in terms of what to see and do on this drive?" "We need to rent the car in Paris and drop it off in or near Yviore, is that possible." Any advice or information would be appreciated. I know July is probably not the best month to travel there, but that is when it has to happen. I know 2 days in Paris is not enough. We hope to tag on an extra day or two at the end of the trip with our group. Thank you for your time and attention.
Exploring France by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 2 Air France strike
- 3 Escargot
- 4 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 5 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 6 london in 2.5 days
- 7 Germany with friends who have never been there
- 8 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 9 Italy tours
- 10 Pisa or Siena?
- 11 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 12 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 13 Street Parking in Lisbon- Regulations?
- 14 1st time to europe- from 0ct 3-26 2014 train advance ticket advice
- 15 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 16 Best data sim
- 17 3-4 days in Italy before Monaco Conference suggestions
- 18 Tickets for premier league and England games
- 19 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 20 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 21 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 22 Crete Island - off the beaten track
- 23 London Soccer tickets-Boxing Day & Dec 28 how difficult to get??
- 24 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 25 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway