We are planning a trip to France in late July. We will fly into Paris. We will stay a couple of nights there, rent a car and start the drive south. We are looking at a route through Tours, Poitiers, Perigord, the Dordogne area, Sarlat, Carhor, Colliur, Beziers, and then on to Yviore. And that point we will join a group of friends. I have googled the travel time from Paris to Beziers. I think it's around 8 hours. How many days do we allow? At first we thought we would take a day's drive and then stop each night at a different place. But also we would spend three nights in Sarlat to explore the Dordoghne area. Now I wonder if we should stay 5 nights or so in Sarlat and take day trips from there. Questions '" Are either of these plausible plans?" "How many days to do this well?" "We do not speak French, will the driving be difficult?" "What would you recommend in terms of what to see and do on this drive?" "We need to rent the car in Paris and drop it off in or near Yviore, is that possible." Any advice or information would be appreciated. I know July is probably not the best month to travel there, but that is when it has to happen. I know 2 days in Paris is not enough. We hope to tag on an extra day or two at the end of the trip with our group. Thank you for your time and attention.
Exploring France by car
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Advises for trip to Russia
- 2 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 3 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 4 March 2013: Barcelona, Rome and Prague Trip Report
- 5 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 6 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 7 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 8 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 9 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 10 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 11 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?
- 12 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 13 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 14 First time traveler to Ireland
- 15 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 16 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 17 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 18 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 19 Prague - must see
- 20 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 21 Spain - Andalucia
- 22 Car in Prague
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 25 Need info on smoking in Dijon area