We are planning a trip to France in late July. We will fly into Paris. We will stay a couple of nights there, rent a car and start the drive south. We are looking at a route through Tours, Poitiers, Perigord, the Dordogne area, Sarlat, Carhor, Colliur, Beziers, and then on to Yviore. And that point we will join a group of friends. I have googled the travel time from Paris to Beziers. I think it's around 8 hours. How many days do we allow? At first we thought we would take a day's drive and then stop each night at a different place. But also we would spend three nights in Sarlat to explore the Dordoghne area. Now I wonder if we should stay 5 nights or so in Sarlat and take day trips from there. Questions '" Are either of these plausible plans?" "How many days to do this well?" "We do not speak French, will the driving be difficult?" "What would you recommend in terms of what to see and do on this drive?" "We need to rent the car in Paris and drop it off in or near Yviore, is that possible." Any advice or information would be appreciated. I know July is probably not the best month to travel there, but that is when it has to happen. I know 2 days in Paris is not enough. We hope to tag on an extra day or two at the end of the trip with our group. Thank you for your time and attention.
Exploring France by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 tulips in the Netherland
- 2 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 3 England and Scotland
- 4 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 5 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 6 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 7 Azores
- 8 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 9 Azores
- 10 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 11 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 12 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 13 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 14 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 15 Air pollution in Paris
- 16 Trains in Italy
- 17 Dublin to Armagh?
- 18 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 19 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 20 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 21 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 22 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 23 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 24 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 25 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin