We are planning a trip to France in late July. We will fly into Paris. We will stay a couple of nights there, rent a car and start the drive south. We are looking at a route through Tours, Poitiers, Perigord, the Dordogne area, Sarlat, Carhor, Colliur, Beziers, and then on to Yviore. And that point we will join a group of friends. I have googled the travel time from Paris to Beziers. I think it's around 8 hours. How many days do we allow? At first we thought we would take a day's drive and then stop each night at a different place. But also we would spend three nights in Sarlat to explore the Dordoghne area. Now I wonder if we should stay 5 nights or so in Sarlat and take day trips from there. Questions '" Are either of these plausible plans?" "How many days to do this well?" "We do not speak French, will the driving be difficult?" "What would you recommend in terms of what to see and do on this drive?" "We need to rent the car in Paris and drop it off in or near Yviore, is that possible." Any advice or information would be appreciated. I know July is probably not the best month to travel there, but that is when it has to happen. I know 2 days in Paris is not enough. We hope to tag on an extra day or two at the end of the trip with our group. Thank you for your time and attention.
Exploring France by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Taormina Sicily
- 2 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 3 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 4 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 5 Scuol, Switzerland
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 8 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 9 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 10 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 11 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 12 Guidebook for Iceland
- 13 visa question
- 14 caroline_venezia
- 15 A Sardinia trip report
- 16 Granada
- 17 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 18 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 19 First time to Switzerland
- 20 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 21 Romantic Greece and Exciting Turkey : 2011 Trip Report
- 22 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 23 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 24 First time Ireland trip
- 25 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"