We are planning a trip to France in late July. We will fly into Paris. We will stay a couple of nights there, rent a car and start the drive south. We are looking at a route through Tours, Poitiers, Perigord, the Dordogne area, Sarlat, Carhor, Colliur, Beziers, and then on to Yviore. And that point we will join a group of friends. I have googled the travel time from Paris to Beziers. I think it's around 8 hours. How many days do we allow? At first we thought we would take a day's drive and then stop each night at a different place. But also we would spend three nights in Sarlat to explore the Dordoghne area. Now I wonder if we should stay 5 nights or so in Sarlat and take day trips from there. Questions '" Are either of these plausible plans?" "How many days to do this well?" "We do not speak French, will the driving be difficult?" "What would you recommend in terms of what to see and do on this drive?" "We need to rent the car in Paris and drop it off in or near Yviore, is that possible." Any advice or information would be appreciated. I know July is probably not the best month to travel there, but that is when it has to happen. I know 2 days in Paris is not enough. We hope to tag on an extra day or two at the end of the trip with our group. Thank you for your time and attention.
Exploring France by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 2 Need help with itinerary
- 3 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 4 How much luggage?????
- 5 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 6 Paris Marais, Montmartre and fairies wheel
- 7 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 8 Catalunya Pyrenees Itinerary
- 9 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 11 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 12 Advice for returning rental car to Florence airport
- 13 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 14 Terrorism in Europe
- 15 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 16 London GTG late September?
- 17 From Seville to Faro, Portugal and back to Seville on a rental car
- 18 eateries in Puglia
- 19 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 20 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 21 100 years of French gratitude
- 22 Bringing Wine Home From France
- 23 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 24 Help with France itinerary
- 25 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata