We are planning a trip to France in late July. We will fly into Paris. We will stay a couple of nights there, rent a car and start the drive south. We are looking at a route through Tours, Poitiers, Perigord, the Dordogne area, Sarlat, Carhor, Colliur, Beziers, and then on to Yviore. And that point we will join a group of friends. I have googled the travel time from Paris to Beziers. I think it's around 8 hours. How many days do we allow? At first we thought we would take a day's drive and then stop each night at a different place. But also we would spend three nights in Sarlat to explore the Dordoghne area. Now I wonder if we should stay 5 nights or so in Sarlat and take day trips from there. Questions '" Are either of these plausible plans?" "How many days to do this well?" "We do not speak French, will the driving be difficult?" "What would you recommend in terms of what to see and do on this drive?" "We need to rent the car in Paris and drop it off in or near Yviore, is that possible." Any advice or information would be appreciated. I know July is probably not the best month to travel there, but that is when it has to happen. I know 2 days in Paris is not enough. We hope to tag on an extra day or two at the end of the trip with our group. Thank you for your time and attention.
Exploring France by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 2 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 3 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 4 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 5 10 days in England
- 6 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 7 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 8 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 9 Northern Lights - What else to see
- 10 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 11 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 12 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 13 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 14 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 15 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 16 Which One?
- 17 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 18 month's stay in Italy
- 19 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 20 Planning third trip to France-where to next?
- 21 International driving permit required in France?
- 22 Visit to Bath and London england
- 23 Germany Visa for conference
- 24 Food in Paris-Dining out
- 25 Advice for first family trip to Europe