We are planning a trip to France in late July. We will fly into Paris. We will stay a couple of nights there, rent a car and start the drive south. We are looking at a route through Tours, Poitiers, Perigord, the Dordogne area, Sarlat, Carhor, Colliur, Beziers, and then on to Yviore. And that point we will join a group of friends. I have googled the travel time from Paris to Beziers. I think it's around 8 hours. How many days do we allow? At first we thought we would take a day's drive and then stop each night at a different place. But also we would spend three nights in Sarlat to explore the Dordoghne area. Now I wonder if we should stay 5 nights or so in Sarlat and take day trips from there. Questions '" Are either of these plausible plans?" "How many days to do this well?" "We do not speak French, will the driving be difficult?" "What would you recommend in terms of what to see and do on this drive?" "We need to rent the car in Paris and drop it off in or near Yviore, is that possible." Any advice or information would be appreciated. I know July is probably not the best month to travel there, but that is when it has to happen. I know 2 days in Paris is not enough. We hope to tag on an extra day or two at the end of the trip with our group. Thank you for your time and attention.
Exploring France by car
- 1 What is the best food in France?
- 2 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 3 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 4 York Food and Drink Festival
- 5 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 6 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 7 ferry to Harwich
- 8 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 9 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 10 Hilton's in Vienna and Budapest
- 11 Edinburgh Restaurants
- 12 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 13 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 14 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 15 Istanbul Hotels
- 16 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 17 Driving in Genoa
- 18 Berlin Hotels
- 19 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 20 Barcelona Habitat Apartments Eixemple Questions
- 21 Paris metro
- 22 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 23 2 weeks of travel starting in Paris
- 24 Rome: Avoiding the long Colosseum ticket line/queue: Palatine Hill ticket office locations
- 25 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?