We are planning a trip to France in late July. We will fly into Paris. We will stay a couple of nights there, rent a car and start the drive south. We are looking at a route through Tours, Poitiers, Perigord, the Dordogne area, Sarlat, Carhor, Colliur, Beziers, and then on to Yviore. And that point we will join a group of friends. I have googled the travel time from Paris to Beziers. I think it's around 8 hours. How many days do we allow? At first we thought we would take a day's drive and then stop each night at a different place. But also we would spend three nights in Sarlat to explore the Dordoghne area. Now I wonder if we should stay 5 nights or so in Sarlat and take day trips from there. Questions '" Are either of these plausible plans?" "How many days to do this well?" "We do not speak French, will the driving be difficult?" "What would you recommend in terms of what to see and do on this drive?" "We need to rent the car in Paris and drop it off in or near Yviore, is that possible." Any advice or information would be appreciated. I know July is probably not the best month to travel there, but that is when it has to happen. I know 2 days in Paris is not enough. We hope to tag on an extra day or two at the end of the trip with our group. Thank you for your time and attention.
Exploring France by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 2 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 3 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 4 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 5 Best place to base for Yorkshire Dales, York and area
- 6 France to Italy advice needed please
- 7 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 8 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 9 Best area for apartment - attending conference Copenhagen
- 10 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 11 rail pass
- 12 April in Madrid
- 13 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 14 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 15 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 16 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 17 mallorca
- 18 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 19 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 20 Using Obb website
- 21 Age for booking a hotel?
- 22 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?
- 23 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 24 Help Plan Our Trip !
- 25 Paris winter sales