We are planning a trip to France in late July. We will fly into Paris. We will stay a couple of nights there, rent a car and start the drive south. We are looking at a route through Tours, Poitiers, Perigord, the Dordogne area, Sarlat, Carhor, Colliur, Beziers, and then on to Yviore. And that point we will join a group of friends. I have googled the travel time from Paris to Beziers. I think it's around 8 hours. How many days do we allow? At first we thought we would take a day's drive and then stop each night at a different place. But also we would spend three nights in Sarlat to explore the Dordoghne area. Now I wonder if we should stay 5 nights or so in Sarlat and take day trips from there. Questions '" Are either of these plausible plans?" "How many days to do this well?" "We do not speak French, will the driving be difficult?" "What would you recommend in terms of what to see and do on this drive?" "We need to rent the car in Paris and drop it off in or near Yviore, is that possible." Any advice or information would be appreciated. I know July is probably not the best month to travel there, but that is when it has to happen. I know 2 days in Paris is not enough. We hope to tag on an extra day or two at the end of the trip with our group. Thank you for your time and attention.
Exploring France by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for very cheap cell phone?
- 2 A week in Paris
- 3 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 4 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 5 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 6 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 7 Layover in Paris...need a suggestion on my hotel.
- 8 Plitvice Lakes - One Night or Two?
- 9 Question about tying Pech Merle into Dordogne itinerary
- 10 Is Capri overrated?
- 11 What is required photo size for Navigo Decouverte please
- 12 Randolph Hotel on fire
- 13 9 days on amalfi coast
- 14 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 15 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 16 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 17 Sintra - How to avoid steep uphill walking
- 18 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 19 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 20 suggested itinerary for San Sebastion & Bilbao
- 21 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 22 Switzerland - Lucerne & 2 nights
- 23 Which tour would you choose?
- 24 London and nearby suggestions
- 25 Need help with our itinerary