We are planning a trip to France in late July. We will fly into Paris. We will stay a couple of nights there, rent a car and start the drive south. We are looking at a route through Tours, Poitiers, Perigord, the Dordogne area, Sarlat, Carhor, Colliur, Beziers, and then on to Yviore. And that point we will join a group of friends. I have googled the travel time from Paris to Beziers. I think it's around 8 hours. How many days do we allow? At first we thought we would take a day's drive and then stop each night at a different place. But also we would spend three nights in Sarlat to explore the Dordoghne area. Now I wonder if we should stay 5 nights or so in Sarlat and take day trips from there. Questions '" Are either of these plausible plans?" "How many days to do this well?" "We do not speak French, will the driving be difficult?" "What would you recommend in terms of what to see and do on this drive?" "We need to rent the car in Paris and drop it off in or near Yviore, is that possible." Any advice or information would be appreciated. I know July is probably not the best month to travel there, but that is when it has to happen. I know 2 days in Paris is not enough. We hope to tag on an extra day or two at the end of the trip with our group. Thank you for your time and attention.
Exploring France by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LHR to Victoria by Tube - Best Place to Transfer
- 2 Alhambra questions
- 3 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 4 Hotel in Paris
- 5 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 6 Mont St. Michele?
- 7 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 8 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?
- 9 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 10 Southwestern England
- 11 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 12 Amsterdam with young toddler
- 13 Apartments (via airbnb) or Hotels / B&Bs in Italy
- 14 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 15 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 16 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 17 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 18 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 19 Drone video of the north of the Netherlands
- 20 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 21 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris
- 22 Traffic fine one year later! What to do?
- 23 EuroRail- Italy vs. Tickets
- 24 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 25 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices