We are planning a trip to France in late July. We will fly into Paris. We will stay a couple of nights there, rent a car and start the drive south. We are looking at a route through Tours, Poitiers, Perigord, the Dordogne area, Sarlat, Carhor, Colliur, Beziers, and then on to Yviore. And that point we will join a group of friends. I have googled the travel time from Paris to Beziers. I think it's around 8 hours. How many days do we allow? At first we thought we would take a day's drive and then stop each night at a different place. But also we would spend three nights in Sarlat to explore the Dordoghne area. Now I wonder if we should stay 5 nights or so in Sarlat and take day trips from there. Questions '" Are either of these plausible plans?" "How many days to do this well?" "We do not speak French, will the driving be difficult?" "What would you recommend in terms of what to see and do on this drive?" "We need to rent the car in Paris and drop it off in or near Yviore, is that possible." Any advice or information would be appreciated. I know July is probably not the best month to travel there, but that is when it has to happen. I know 2 days in Paris is not enough. We hope to tag on an extra day or two at the end of the trip with our group. Thank you for your time and attention.
Exploring France by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pestana Porto Hotel in Porto
- 2 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 3 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 4 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 5 Scandinavian Tour
- 6 Positano in high season???
- 7 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 8 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 9 Napoli logistics
- 10 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 11 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 12 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 13 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 14 Visiting the winemakers in Portugal
- 15 Luggage storage in Orvieto?
- 16 Sicily - Piazza Armerina from Siracusa?
- 17 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 18 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 19 Travel services for Spain
- 20 Train tickets France and Spain
- 21 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 22 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 23 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...
- 24 Spain in late November/early December
- 25 Venice: Secret Itineraries Tour