Hello all, I am looking for some advice for the Europe section of a rtw trip my family and I are taking in 22 months. We would arrive in Instanbul around the end of April and our current plan is to make our way across the Northern Mediterranean to Spain and then head inland back East to Austria, North to Denmark and then finish in the UK. We have three months and four in our party (my wife and two children ages 10 and 12 at time of travel). We would like to use trains and ferry services especially to explore some of the Greek Islands. Would buying a eurorail pass be best? Approx cost is $7000 for three months. Any other advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 3 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 4 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 5 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 6 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 7 Taormina Sicily
- 8 Guidebook for Iceland
- 9 visa question
- 10 caroline_venezia
- 11 A Sardinia trip report
- 12 Granada
- 13 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 14 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 15 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 16 First time to Switzerland
- 17 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 18 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 19 Romantic Greece and Exciting Turkey : 2011 Trip Report
- 20 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 21 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 22 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 23 First time Ireland trip
- 24 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 25 A month in Europe - how does this sound?