Interesting article on how many swarms of tourists Europe's top most famous art museums are attracting, creating tremendous mob scenes like in the photo in the article of the Louvre's Mona Lisa - where roped off throngs take selfies of themselves and the Mona Lisa - some indeed can't even see the actual photo but hold their camera high and snap a picture of it - as proof of 'having seen the Mona Lisa'!
Now most of the major museums mentioned now have time slots you can reserve or things like museum passes for the city can garner priority entrance, like at the Louvre with the Paris Carte des musees or in Amsterdam with the National Museum Pass, etc.
Anyway if visiting the most popular museums either book a time slot, get a pass that allows priority entrance or wait in LONG LONG lines to get in - see the line to get into the Louvre in this article (which also mentions the little used entrance in the southwest tip of one wing of the Louvre, where for years there has been a ticket booth with little or no lines usually IME.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 2 One week in Europe
- 3 Positano or Sorrento?
- 4 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 5 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 6 Switzerland in September
- 7 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 8 My final Prague itinerary
- 9 Last minute trip to Capri
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 11 weekend from cologne germany
- 12 Globus Iberian Tour
- 13 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 14 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 15 13 nights in switzerland
- 16 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 17 Earthquake near Naples
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 London Theater
- 20 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 21 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 22 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 23 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 24 Munich itinerary review
- 25 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip