Interesting article on how many swarms of tourists Europe's top most famous art museums are attracting, creating tremendous mob scenes like in the photo in the article of the Louvre's Mona Lisa - where roped off throngs take selfies of themselves and the Mona Lisa - some indeed can't even see the actual photo but hold their camera high and snap a picture of it - as proof of 'having seen the Mona Lisa'!
Now most of the major museums mentioned now have time slots you can reserve or things like museum passes for the city can garner priority entrance, like at the Louvre with the Paris Carte des musees or in Amsterdam with the National Museum Pass, etc.
Anyway if visiting the most popular museums either book a time slot, get a pass that allows priority entrance or wait in LONG LONG lines to get in - see the line to get into the Louvre in this article (which also mentions the little used entrance in the southwest tip of one wing of the Louvre, where for years there has been a ticket booth with little or no lines usually IME.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GMAIL @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech c*Are
- 2 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 3 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 6 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 7 Paris hotel
- 8 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 12 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 13 Stuck in Paris
- 14 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 15 Berlin to ?
- 16 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 17 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 18 Renting a car in Greece
- 19 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 20 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 21 Spain - day driver advice
- 22 Greece
- 23 Ex-pats with young kids
- 24 Iceland france spain
- 25 Ludwig Castles