Interesting article on how many swarms of tourists Europe's top most famous art museums are attracting, creating tremendous mob scenes like in the photo in the article of the Louvre's Mona Lisa - where roped off throngs take selfies of themselves and the Mona Lisa - some indeed can't even see the actual photo but hold their camera high and snap a picture of it - as proof of 'having seen the Mona Lisa'!
Now most of the major museums mentioned now have time slots you can reserve or things like museum passes for the city can garner priority entrance, like at the Louvre with the Paris Carte des musees or in Amsterdam with the National Museum Pass, etc.
Anyway if visiting the most popular museums either book a time slot, get a pass that allows priority entrance or wait in LONG LONG lines to get in - see the line to get into the Louvre in this article (which also mentions the little used entrance in the southwest tip of one wing of the Louvre, where for years there has been a ticket booth with little or no lines usually IME.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 2 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 3 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 4 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 5 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 6 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 7 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 8 help with Italy itinerary
- 9 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 10 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 11 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 12 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 13 Capri in July
- 14 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 15 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 16 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 17 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 18 Scotland and London 21 days
- 19 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 20 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 21 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 22 Venice
- 23 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 24 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 25 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed