Never been on a river cruise and for a special accession was planning to go from Amsterdam to Budapest. I've heard that sometimes the rivers are too low for travel and you have to take a bus ride. What time of the year would you recommend going. Is one cruise line better than another as for as sight seeing, and comfort on the ship. Would you spend extra time in Budapest and/or Amsterdam? Any ideas will help this first time traveler.
European Riverboat Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 2 Airport ATMs
- 3 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 4 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 5 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 6 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 7 Story of the German Christmas star
- 8 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 9 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 10 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 11 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 12 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 13 All Set To Go!!
- 14 American Express
- 15 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 16 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast
- 17 Help with European vacation plan
- 18 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 19 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 20 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 21 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 22 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 23 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 24 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 25 Three ferries to Mull