Never been on a river cruise and for a special accession was planning to go from Amsterdam to Budapest. I've heard that sometimes the rivers are too low for travel and you have to take a bus ride. What time of the year would you recommend going. Is one cruise line better than another as for as sight seeing, and comfort on the ship. Would you spend extra time in Budapest and/or Amsterdam? Any ideas will help this first time traveler.
European Riverboat Cruise
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul hotels
- 2 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 5 Albania for Beginners
- 6 1st time to Italy...Cinque Terre, Florence and which Tuscan hill town?
- 7 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 8 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 9 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 10 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 11 south eastern europe by train and walking
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 16 Family European winter holiday
- 17 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 18 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 19 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 20 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 21 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 22 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 23 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 24 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 25 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie