My husband and I will be spending a few months next year in the Netherlands with our three little boys. At the end of our two months there we are hoping to do a few weeks of travel before heading back to the States. We have both lived internationally before and have traveled quite a bit on our own, but never with all the kiddos.
What we are looking at specifically is a trip the first couple weeks (ish) of December, 2016 with three little boys. At that time they will be almost 2 years old, 4 years old, and 6 years old. We are NOT interested in doing big cities or anything hectic where there are tons of people or where we'd be moving around a lot. We are also not super interested in being out in the cold (so potentially ruling out anything where it will be snowing) that would require us bringing three children's worth of snow gear. Some of our preliminary ideas are some sort of beach community in Spain where it would be warm and we could have a relaxing, beach/hike/explore kind of time. Other ideas were Lisbon or somewhere in Ireland where we could have some variety of activities available to us. Those would also be new places for my husband and I which we are excited about as we've been to most of the "big" European cities.
We're thinking of either one destination that is a good launch pad for touring about a bit for two weeks, or two separate locations, each for about a week. We are going to try to do it as cheaply as possible ... probably finding some sort of house or apartment on someplace like verbo.com to stay.
So throwing this out into the glorious land of internet for ideas and thoughts???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 2 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 3 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 4 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 5 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 6 Alps Drive
- 7 Praiano
- 8 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Help please
- 11 Funny One Michelin * Mix-Up in France!
- 12 Andalucia itinerary help
- 13 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 16 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 17 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 18 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 19 Perugia
- 20 Family vacation to europe
- 21 Paris cooking classes
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 My Ring Road experience in Iceland