My husband and I will be spending a few months next year in the Netherlands with our three little boys. At the end of our two months there we are hoping to do a few weeks of travel before heading back to the States. We have both lived internationally before and have traveled quite a bit on our own, but never with all the kiddos.
What we are looking at specifically is a trip the first couple weeks (ish) of December, 2016 with three little boys. At that time they will be almost 2 years old, 4 years old, and 6 years old. We are NOT interested in doing big cities or anything hectic where there are tons of people or where we'd be moving around a lot. We are also not super interested in being out in the cold (so potentially ruling out anything where it will be snowing) that would require us bringing three children's worth of snow gear. Some of our preliminary ideas are some sort of beach community in Spain where it would be warm and we could have a relaxing, beach/hike/explore kind of time. Other ideas were Lisbon or somewhere in Ireland where we could have some variety of activities available to us. Those would also be new places for my husband and I which we are excited about as we've been to most of the "big" European cities.
We're thinking of either one destination that is a good launch pad for touring about a bit for two weeks, or two separate locations, each for about a week. We are going to try to do it as cheaply as possible ... probably finding some sort of house or apartment on someplace like verbo.com to stay.
So throwing this out into the glorious land of internet for ideas and thoughts???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 2 Yahoo Mail I:84:4:29:I:67O:6:::
- 3 Madrid airport question
- 4 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 5 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 6 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 7 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 8 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 9 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 10 vegetarian in spain
- 11 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 12 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 13 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 14 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 15 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 16 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 17 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 18 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 19 Imbros Gorge
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 22 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 23 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 24 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 25 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings