I will be travelling europe next summer with two of my friends. I am wondering if this itinerary looks okay.
Rome 3 days, 2 nights
3 late evening train to Florence (1.5 hours)
Florence 2.5 days, 3 nights
5 Pisa or Sienna
6 afternoon train (at around 12) to Venice (3 hours)
Venice 1.5 days, 2 nights
6 half day
8 travel to Salzburg (6 hours) (i.e. 9-3)
Salzburg 2.5 days, 3 nights
8 half day
9 go to hallstatt
11 early train to Vienna (9-12), spend day there,evening train (7-10) to Budapest or go to Mauthausen and then straight to Budapest
Budapest 3 days, 3 nights
14 overnight train (9pm-6:15am)
Munich 1.5 days, 1 night
15 tour city plus castles
16 Dachau camp, train to Freiburg (4.5 hours)
Freiburg 2 days, 2 nights
18 evening (1 hour)
Basel 1.5 days, 2 nights
20 afternoon train (3.5 hours)
Paris 3.25 days, 3 nights
22 Versailles (30 minutes)
23 night train
French Riviera 2.75 days, 2 nights
26 night train or flight
Seville 3 days, 3 nights
Beaches around Mallorca, or possibly Grenada
We are going to Freiburg and Basel because we have friends there, and Munich only because it is close to the castles near Fussen. We are interested in going to some type of concentration camp and were thinking of either Dachau or Mauthausen. Thoughts??
Another thing to note: we were originally planning on staying in Vienna for a few nights but I am worried that we would only end up rushing plus we already have quite a few big cities already.
If i could get some feedback on this plan, it would be greatly appreciated.
Europe for 1 month, May-June 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 2 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 3 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 4 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 5 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 6 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 7 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 8 Hey Fodor's
- 9 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 10 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 11 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 12 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 13 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 14 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 15 Christmas in salzburg
- 16 Getting from Conrad Dublin to Train Station
- 17 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 18 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 19 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 20 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 21 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 22 Italy through locals eyes
- 23 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 24 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 25 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)