I will be travelling europe next summer with two of my friends. I am wondering if this itinerary looks okay.
Rome 3 days, 2 nights
3 late evening train to Florence (1.5 hours)
Florence 2.5 days, 3 nights
5 Pisa or Sienna
6 afternoon train (at around 12) to Venice (3 hours)
Venice 1.5 days, 2 nights
6 half day
8 travel to Salzburg (6 hours) (i.e. 9-3)
Salzburg 2.5 days, 3 nights
8 half day
9 go to hallstatt
11 early train to Vienna (9-12), spend day there,evening train (7-10) to Budapest or go to Mauthausen and then straight to Budapest
Budapest 3 days, 3 nights
14 overnight train (9pm-6:15am)
Munich 1.5 days, 1 night
15 tour city plus castles
16 Dachau camp, train to Freiburg (4.5 hours)
Freiburg 2 days, 2 nights
18 evening (1 hour)
Basel 1.5 days, 2 nights
20 afternoon train (3.5 hours)
Paris 3.25 days, 3 nights
22 Versailles (30 minutes)
23 night train
French Riviera 2.75 days, 2 nights
26 night train or flight
Seville 3 days, 3 nights
Beaches around Mallorca, or possibly Grenada
We are going to Freiburg and Basel because we have friends there, and Munich only because it is close to the castles near Fussen. We are interested in going to some type of concentration camp and were thinking of either Dachau or Mauthausen. Thoughts??
Another thing to note: we were originally planning on staying in Vienna for a few nights but I am worried that we would only end up rushing plus we already have quite a few big cities already.
If i could get some feedback on this plan, it would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best of Norway
- 2 favorite app for converting US $$
- 3 a week in Lombardia
- 4 14 days in Spain - please help finalize itinerary!
- 5 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 6 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 7 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 8 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 9 Trip in September
- 10 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 11 One week in London with kids
- 12 Light weight small converter?
- 13 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 14 Positano Surprise
- 15 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 16 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 17 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 18 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 19 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 20 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 21 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 22 SNCF - low price for summer
- 23 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 24 Dublin and Northern Ireland with public transportation
- 25 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets