I will be travelling europe next summer with two of my friends. I am wondering if this itinerary looks okay.
Rome 3 days, 2 nights
3 late evening train to Florence (1.5 hours)
Florence 2.5 days, 3 nights
5 Pisa or Sienna
6 afternoon train (at around 12) to Venice (3 hours)
Venice 1.5 days, 2 nights
6 half day
8 travel to Salzburg (6 hours) (i.e. 9-3)
Salzburg 2.5 days, 3 nights
8 half day
9 go to hallstatt
11 early train to Vienna (9-12), spend day there,evening train (7-10) to Budapest or go to Mauthausen and then straight to Budapest
Budapest 3 days, 3 nights
14 overnight train (9pm-6:15am)
Munich 1.5 days, 1 night
15 tour city plus castles
16 Dachau camp, train to Freiburg (4.5 hours)
Freiburg 2 days, 2 nights
18 evening (1 hour)
Basel 1.5 days, 2 nights
20 afternoon train (3.5 hours)
Paris 3.25 days, 3 nights
22 Versailles (30 minutes)
23 night train
French Riviera 2.75 days, 2 nights
26 night train or flight
Seville 3 days, 3 nights
Beaches around Mallorca, or possibly Grenada
We are going to Freiburg and Basel because we have friends there, and Munich only because it is close to the castles near Fussen. We are interested in going to some type of concentration camp and were thinking of either Dachau or Mauthausen. Thoughts??
Another thing to note: we were originally planning on staying in Vienna for a few nights but I am worried that we would only end up rushing plus we already have quite a few big cities already.
If i could get some feedback on this plan, it would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hostel Advice
- 2 Munich, Germany
- 3 Please help with transportation suggestions in Belgium
- 4 Sicily car rental: pickup, drop off, and size
- 5 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 6 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 7 Early planning for Scotland. Itinerary thoughts?
- 8 Southern Spain Recs for Honeymooners?
- 9 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 10 Itinerary Help For Switzerland And Lakes Region Of Italy
- 11 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 12 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 13 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 14 Planning Europe itinerary
- 15 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 16 Spain student visa/ travel questions
- 17 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 18 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 19 Path of the gods.
- 20 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 21 Sicily in 4 days
- 22 Cordoba or Granada?
- 23 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 24 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 25 Southern Spain or Sicily in early to mid March