We are a recently retired married couple, planning our very first trip to Europe, to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.
We have return tickets to & from London for 3 months travel. The first 3 weeks we will spend in England, Scotland & Ireland.
I would like to put an itinerary together taking in as much as possible, without rushing! That is, we would like to factor in time to relax as well as sightsee.
What countries do experienced travellers to Europe recommend not to miss?
We have little interest in too much night life, and we are not "foodies", we are happy with a pub meal, neither of us being big eaters.
Any recommendations are much appreciated, as we really want the best experience for our once in a lifetime trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Les Invalides Night Show
- 2 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 3 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 4 barcelona neighborhood
- 5 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 6 Which Day?
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 9 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 10 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 13 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 14 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 15 Tracking the Weather
- 16 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 17 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 18 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 19 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 20 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 21 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 22 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 23 Shorts in South of France?
- 24 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 25 Europe itinerary help!