We are a recently retired married couple, planning our very first trip to Europe, to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.
We have return tickets to & from London for 3 months travel. The first 3 weeks we will spend in England, Scotland & Ireland.
I would like to put an itinerary together taking in as much as possible, without rushing! That is, we would like to factor in time to relax as well as sightsee.
What countries do experienced travellers to Europe recommend not to miss?
We have little interest in too much night life, and we are not "foodies", we are happy with a pub meal, neither of us being big eaters.
Any recommendations are much appreciated, as we really want the best experience for our once in a lifetime trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 restaurants in Marais district
- 2 Shoes in Scotland
- 3 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 4 A Month stay in Southern France
- 5 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 6 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 7 Italy for Christmas Week
- 8 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 9 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 10 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 11 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 12 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 13 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 14 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 15 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 16 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 17 Easiest London Airport for Transfer To/From Heathrow
- 18 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 19 France & Italy, May or June
- 20 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 21 Engadine Valley help
- 22 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 23 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 24 Honeymoon in Greece
- 25 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania