We are a recently retired married couple, planning our very first trip to Europe, to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.
We have return tickets to & from London for 3 months travel. The first 3 weeks we will spend in England, Scotland & Ireland.
I would like to put an itinerary together taking in as much as possible, without rushing! That is, we would like to factor in time to relax as well as sightsee.
What countries do experienced travellers to Europe recommend not to miss?
We have little interest in too much night life, and we are not "foodies", we are happy with a pub meal, neither of us being big eaters.
Any recommendations are much appreciated, as we really want the best experience for our once in a lifetime trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 2 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 3 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 6 Short Trip in July
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 10 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 11 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 12 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 13 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 14 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 15 38 Days in Paris
- 16 Naxos car rental
- 17 Greek Islands (small)
- 18 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 19 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 20 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 21 Things to do in Brussels
- 22 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 23 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 24 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 25 Recommendations for Wiesbaden