We are a recently retired married couple, planning our very first trip to Europe, to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.
We have return tickets to & from London for 3 months travel. The first 3 weeks we will spend in England, Scotland & Ireland.
I would like to put an itinerary together taking in as much as possible, without rushing! That is, we would like to factor in time to relax as well as sightsee.
What countries do experienced travellers to Europe recommend not to miss?
We have little interest in too much night life, and we are not "foodies", we are happy with a pub meal, neither of us being big eaters.
Any recommendations are much appreciated, as we really want the best experience for our once in a lifetime trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Install: PANDA Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 **SECURITY 24*7
- 2 Stuck in Paris
- 3 Berlin to ?
- 4 Renting a car in Greece
- 5 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 6 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 7 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 8 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 9 Spain - day driver advice
- 10 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 11 Greece
- 12 Ex-pats with young kids
- 13 Iceland france spain
- 14 Ludwig Castles
- 15 Help on ancient history route
- 16 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 17 London with Teens Trip Report
- 18 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 19 Paris hotel
- 20 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 21 Spanish food - not that special?
- 22 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 23 Maximizing Norway time
- 24 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 25 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?