I am planning to visit England in the near future (Spring - Summer). This is my first visit to England and I would like some advise on places in the English countryside. For a traveler who has heard a lot about the beauty of the English countryside with its cottages, rolling hills, country lanes, etc., which place would you recommend for a two day (with 2 nights) visit that would represent the quintessential countryside? I know it is a difficult pick, but would appreciate some suggestions.
English Countryside for a first time visitor
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 2 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 3 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 4 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 7 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 8 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 9 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 10 first european holiday itinery
- 11 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 12 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 13 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 14 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 17 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 18 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 19 Car in Prague
- 20 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 21 Euro Train
- 22 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 23 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 Travel by train or bus