I am an Indian citizen a valid Indian driving licence and of course Schengen visa.
My Indian Driving licence is English smart card format.
I plan to take a car from Frankfurt and travel to Austria then come back to germany and travel to Switzerland.
As per German Consulate i can drive with a valid (English) Indian Driving license (without any need of international driving license)
As per the information in Austrian government website, Indian driving license should be valid in Austia.
I have no information about Switzerland.
Here are my key questions.
1) Do i need an international driving permit/license to drive in Austria and Switzerland or is a valid Indian Driving License (English) is enough?
2) Is cross border card required when taking a rental car from Germany to Austria?
3) Is cross border card required when taking a rental car from Germany to Austria?
4) is there any other special documentation required to drive in Austria and Switzerland?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 2 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 3 Earthquake near Naples
- 4 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 5 3nights in Venice
- 6 Munich itinerary review
- 7 13 nights in switzerland
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 10 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 11 Football Tickets - Athens
- 12 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 13 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 14 Salzburg itinerary review
- 15 Positano or Sorrento?
- 16 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 17 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 18 Globus Iberian Tour
- 19 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 20 Paris in November
- 21 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 22 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 23 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 24 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 25 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?