I am an Indian citizen a valid Indian driving licence and of course Schengen visa.
My Indian Driving licence is English smart card format.
I plan to take a car from Frankfurt and travel to Austria then come back to germany and travel to Switzerland.
As per German Consulate i can drive with a valid (English) Indian Driving license (without any need of international driving license)
As per the information in Austrian government website, Indian driving license should be valid in Austia.
I have no information about Switzerland.
Here are my key questions.
1) Do i need an international driving permit/license to drive in Austria and Switzerland or is a valid Indian Driving License (English) is enough?
2) Is cross border card required when taking a rental car from Germany to Austria?
3) Is cross border card required when taking a rental car from Germany to Austria?
4) is there any other special documentation required to drive in Austria and Switzerland?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Real/Fake Passports,Driver’s License,ID Cards,Visas,Citizenship
- 2 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 3 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 4 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 5 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 6 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 7 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 8 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 9 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 10 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 11 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 12 Passport proplems
- 13 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 14 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 15 Itinerary help...
- 16 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 17 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 18 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 19 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 20 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 21 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 22 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 23 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 24 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 25 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece