I am an Indian citizen a valid Indian driving licence and of course Schengen visa.
My Indian Driving licence is English smart card format.
I plan to take a car from Frankfurt and travel to Austria then come back to germany and travel to Switzerland.
As per German Consulate i can drive with a valid (English) Indian Driving license (without any need of international driving license)
As per the information in Austrian government website, Indian driving license should be valid in Austia.
I have no information about Switzerland.
Here are my key questions.
1) Do i need an international driving permit/license to drive in Austria and Switzerland or is a valid Indian Driving License (English) is enough?
2) Is cross border card required when taking a rental car from Germany to Austria?
3) Is cross border card required when taking a rental car from Germany to Austria?
4) is there any other special documentation required to drive in Austria and Switzerland?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 2 Scotland Trip Report
- 3 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 4 Charming areas to explore in London
- 5 Cinqueterre
- 6 stonehenge day trip from london
- 7 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 8 Trip to Ireland in September
- 9 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 10 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 11 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 12 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 13 Cornwall UK
- 14 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 15 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 16 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 17 Train tickets in Italy?
- 18 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 19 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 20 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 21 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 22 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 23 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 24 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 25 8 Hours in Rome