I am an Indian citizen a valid Indian driving licence and of course Schengen visa.
My Indian Driving licence is English smart card format.
I plan to take a car from Frankfurt and travel to Austria then come back to germany and travel to Switzerland.
As per German Consulate i can drive with a valid (English) Indian Driving license (without any need of international driving license)
As per the information in Austrian government website, Indian driving license should be valid in Austia.
I have no information about Switzerland.
Here are my key questions.
1) Do i need an international driving permit/license to drive in Austria and Switzerland or is a valid Indian Driving License (English) is enough?
2) Is cross border card required when taking a rental car from Germany to Austria?
3) Is cross border card required when taking a rental car from Germany to Austria?
4) is there any other special documentation required to drive in Austria and Switzerland?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 2 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Versailles
- 5 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 6 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 7 Acropolis Athens
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 driving from prague to salzburg
- 10 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 11 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 12 Need help for hiking destinations in Austria
- 13 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 14 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 15 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 16 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 17 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 18 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 19 Meteora for older folk
- 20 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 21 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 22 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 23 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 24 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 25 Germany train help!