We will be driving from Berlin to Gdansk in mid-July. We are getting different driving advice from the various 'route planner' sites.
ViaMichelin: suggests a northern route, via Szczecin and Koszalin, for 7 1/2 hours.
Another suggests an interior route via Poznan, for 6 hours.
Go Mapper suggests going via Szczecin and Pila, for 6 hours, 46 minutes.
Somewhere else, we read that it would be much longer than any of these.
Would anyone care to offer us some actual advice? Should we plan for longer than 7 hours?
Also, we will be stopping midway for a night, perhaps at a castle or near a lake or something nice for the kids between cities. We welcome your suggestions!
Driving from Berlin to Gdansk. Advice?
- 1 Rhine River Lights Fireworks
- 2 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 3 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 4 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 5 london travelcrard
- 6 Am I too fat too travel?
- 7 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 8 Cross-Pollinate apartments for London? Any experience?
- 9 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 10 France Itinerary Help
- 11 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 12 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 13 Paris Ticket t+
- 14 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 15 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 16 Vueling - Be Very Careful
- 17 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 18 Best area to stay in Rome
- 19 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 20 Public transport to Sol Metro area from Madrid airport
- 21 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 22 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 23 How should I plan my hiking/boat day trip to Cinque Terre?
- 24 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 25 Recommendation - Paris apartment for only 3 nights