We will be driving from Berlin to Gdansk in mid-July. We are getting different driving advice from the various 'route planner' sites.
ViaMichelin: suggests a northern route, via Szczecin and Koszalin, for 7 1/2 hours.
Another suggests an interior route via Poznan, for 6 hours.
Go Mapper suggests going via Szczecin and Pila, for 6 hours, 46 minutes.
Somewhere else, we read that it would be much longer than any of these.
Would anyone care to offer us some actual advice? Should we plan for longer than 7 hours?
Also, we will be stopping midway for a night, perhaps at a castle or near a lake or something nice for the kids between cities. We welcome your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Tuscany
- 2 Amalfi or Positano
- 3 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 4 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 5 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 6 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 7 River Boat Cruise
- 8 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 9 Hostel Advice
- 10 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 11 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 12 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 13 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 14 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 15 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 16 Cordoba or Granada?
- 17 Munich, Germany
- 18 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 19 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 20 Hotel Modigliani or Hotel Santa Maria (Rome)
- 21 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 22 Italy + Greece + Croatia
- 23 First Time Europe Trip
- 24 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 25 St Andrews advice