We will be driving from Berlin to Gdansk in mid-July. We are getting different driving advice from the various 'route planner' sites.
ViaMichelin: suggests a northern route, via Szczecin and Koszalin, for 7 1/2 hours.
Another suggests an interior route via Poznan, for 6 hours.
Go Mapper suggests going via Szczecin and Pila, for 6 hours, 46 minutes.
Somewhere else, we read that it would be much longer than any of these.
Would anyone care to offer us some actual advice? Should we plan for longer than 7 hours?
Also, we will be stopping midway for a night, perhaps at a castle or near a lake or something nice for the kids between cities. We welcome your suggestions!
Driving from Berlin to Gdansk. Advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 2 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 3 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 4 London neighborhood suggestions
- 5 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 6 Spain tips beyond safety
- 7 What to wear
- 8 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 9 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 10 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 11 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 12 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 13 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 14 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 15 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 16 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 17 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 18 german rail ticket question
- 19 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 20 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 21 Madrid and London
- 22 Prague flea markets
- 23 Tipping in Greece
- 24 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 25 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia