We will be driving from Berlin to Gdansk in mid-July. We are getting different driving advice from the various 'route planner' sites.
ViaMichelin: suggests a northern route, via Szczecin and Koszalin, for 7 1/2 hours.
Another suggests an interior route via Poznan, for 6 hours.
Go Mapper suggests going via Szczecin and Pila, for 6 hours, 46 minutes.
Somewhere else, we read that it would be much longer than any of these.
Would anyone care to offer us some actual advice? Should we plan for longer than 7 hours?
Also, we will be stopping midway for a night, perhaps at a castle or near a lake or something nice for the kids between cities. We welcome your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Italy?
- 2 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 3 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 7 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 8 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 9 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 10 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 11 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 12 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 13 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 14 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 15 Shoes in Scotland
- 16 Engadine Valley help
- 17 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 18 Naples, Italy
- 19 Ireland in April
- 20 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 21 French restaurants
- 22 Tuscany 6 nights
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 25 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees