We will be driving from Berlin to Gdansk in mid-July. We are getting different driving advice from the various 'route planner' sites.
ViaMichelin: suggests a northern route, via Szczecin and Koszalin, for 7 1/2 hours.
Another suggests an interior route via Poznan, for 6 hours.
Go Mapper suggests going via Szczecin and Pila, for 6 hours, 46 minutes.
Somewhere else, we read that it would be much longer than any of these.
Would anyone care to offer us some actual advice? Should we plan for longer than 7 hours?
Also, we will be stopping midway for a night, perhaps at a castle or near a lake or something nice for the kids between cities. We welcome your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris birthday dinner for 10yo
- 2 Drink Suggestions in English Pubs
- 3 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 4 Pickpocketing in Europe
- 5 Need to purchase British currency from US
- 6 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 7 Frankfurt airport--destination Alsace
- 8 Itinerary Cote d'azur from Nice
- 9 Staying over visa expiration.
- 10 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 11 My Trip to Spain blew up. Need Barcelona help
- 12 One champagne tour in Reims
- 13 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 14 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 15 Munich: New Museum Open Documenting Nazism's Rise...
- 16 Bruges for 1st time
- 17 1st time European Experience- Ireland, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, or Other?
- 18 Skopelos, Skiathos plus 1 Other?
- 19 Private Guide for Rome tour ( by Van or limo)?
- 20 Getting to Büyük Mecidiye Cami
- 21 Zagreb to Pula and more
- 22 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 23 Help with Honeymoon trip Italy
- 24 I have one extra day in my FIRST TIME EUROPE trip, where should I spend it?
- 25 Question about staying in the Museumplein are