We will be driving from Berlin to Gdansk in mid-July. We are getting different driving advice from the various 'route planner' sites.
ViaMichelin: suggests a northern route, via Szczecin and Koszalin, for 7 1/2 hours.
Another suggests an interior route via Poznan, for 6 hours.
Go Mapper suggests going via Szczecin and Pila, for 6 hours, 46 minutes.
Somewhere else, we read that it would be much longer than any of these.
Would anyone care to offer us some actual advice? Should we plan for longer than 7 hours?
Also, we will be stopping midway for a night, perhaps at a castle or near a lake or something nice for the kids between cities. We welcome your suggestions!
Driving from Berlin to Gdansk. Advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage sizing
- 2 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 3 Moving to Belfast
- 4 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 5 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 6 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 7 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 8 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 9 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 10 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 11 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 12 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 13 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 14 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 15 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 16 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 17 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 18 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 19 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 20 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 21 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 22 Scuol, Switzerland
- 23 2 Weeks in Paris
- 24 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 25 Dolomites in May? Worth it?