We will be driving from Berlin to Gdansk in mid-July. We are getting different driving advice from the various 'route planner' sites.
ViaMichelin: suggests a northern route, via Szczecin and Koszalin, for 7 1/2 hours.
Another suggests an interior route via Poznan, for 6 hours.
Go Mapper suggests going via Szczecin and Pila, for 6 hours, 46 minutes.
Somewhere else, we read that it would be much longer than any of these.
Would anyone care to offer us some actual advice? Should we plan for longer than 7 hours?
Also, we will be stopping midway for a night, perhaps at a castle or near a lake or something nice for the kids between cities. We welcome your suggestions!
Driving from Berlin to Gdansk. Advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 2 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 3 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 4 London GTG late September?
- 5 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 6 Scottish Passport
- 7 Air France strike
- 8 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 9 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 10 Find a long term rental studio in Paris
- 11 Amsterdam
- 12 BARCELONA: renting a car to Costa Brava
- 13 Best day trips from Paris
- 14 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 15 Sunny September Trip Report
- 16 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 17 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 18 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 19 Italy tours
- 20 Norway Advice
- 21 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 22 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 23 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 24 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 25 See You In Minsk