We will be driving from Berlin to Gdansk in mid-July. We are getting different driving advice from the various 'route planner' sites.
ViaMichelin: suggests a northern route, via Szczecin and Koszalin, for 7 1/2 hours.
Another suggests an interior route via Poznan, for 6 hours.
Go Mapper suggests going via Szczecin and Pila, for 6 hours, 46 minutes.
Somewhere else, we read that it would be much longer than any of these.
Would anyone care to offer us some actual advice? Should we plan for longer than 7 hours?
Also, we will be stopping midway for a night, perhaps at a castle or near a lake or something nice for the kids between cities. We welcome your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 2 8 Days in Spain
- 3 Venice/Mestre
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 8 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 9 9 Days in Spain
- 10 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 11 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 14 Paris to Italy
- 15 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 16 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 17 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 20 Amsterdam
- 21 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 22 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 23 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 24 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice