We will be driving from Berlin to Gdansk in mid-July. We are getting different driving advice from the various 'route planner' sites.
ViaMichelin: suggests a northern route, via Szczecin and Koszalin, for 7 1/2 hours.
Another suggests an interior route via Poznan, for 6 hours.
Go Mapper suggests going via Szczecin and Pila, for 6 hours, 46 minutes.
Somewhere else, we read that it would be much longer than any of these.
Would anyone care to offer us some actual advice? Should we plan for longer than 7 hours?
Also, we will be stopping midway for a night, perhaps at a castle or near a lake or something nice for the kids between cities. We welcome your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 Normandy - driving trip
- 4 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 5 Reflections on our Trip to Barcelona, Languedoc, Dordogne and Paris
- 6 sim card
- 7 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 8 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 9 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 10 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 11 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 12 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 13 European Championship
- 14 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 15 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 16 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 17 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 18 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 19 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 20 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 21 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 22 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 23 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 24 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 25 1 week in Cornwall, England