I will be spending the month of September in France. Starting with a few days in Paris, followed by 12 days in the Luberon, then 10 days in the Dordogne. All this concludes back in Paris for up to 5 days. My question is the following. In order to make this fit from a scheduling point of view, I had to book 3 days in Perigueux prior to my 7 day stay in Beynac. While Periqueux is not all that far from Beynac, I am looking for advice on what to explore to the north and west and to the northeast of this area. On a previous trip, we stayed Limeuil and traveled helter skelter around the area. We did get as far west as St Emilion and I am thinking I would like to explore a little farther west, maybe Bordeaux and some sites in that area. I would like to keep the driving down to a two hours radius. Any ideas?
Dordogne France: Perigueux and Beynac
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 3 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 4 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 5 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 Advises for trip to Russia
- 8 7 days in Andalucia
- 9 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 10 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 11 Planning a holiday
- 12 London at Easter
- 13 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 14 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 16 Traveling within Italy
- 17 To Paris and Provence in June
- 18 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 19 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 20 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 21 Madrid to Sevilla
- 22 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 23 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 24 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 25 Limo Transfers from Fiumicino Rome Airport