we have 9 nights for our 10 year anniversary , our first trip without our children so want it to me romantic but like moving around as well,
flying into zagreb. right now our itiniery looks like this;
1-zagreb lunch and drive to trakoscan castle, than to sobe korana in plitvice for the night.
2-plitvice and than overnight in either mostar or trogir? opinions?
3- drive to dubrovnik over night there
4- sailing/kayaking trip around elafiti islands, sipan, peljisac peninsula, ston, mljet wiht huck finn sailing
7- sail ends and drive or ferry to motor, staying in either kotor or perast? opinions?
8-either stay in kotor, cavtat or dubrovnik
9- dubrovnik day and night
10- fly out to amalfi for 4 nights in 1 hotel prob in positano?
Besides the question marks in my itinerary, I really wanted to see Rovinj (but that would have to be in place of plitvice which i hear is a must see??)
and would like to do some interior , like rafting/kayaking on the tara river (or is there a river in croatia that is just as beautiful , scenery wise and alot closer?) We dont care about size of rapids but amazing natural scenery.
Is tara canyon worth it for a 6 hours drive to do the day trip one day rafting there? and would you do the upper art of the canyon or the lower part because you can only do one in a day, which is more scenic? The only way we could fit this in would be to eliminate trogir or mostar and drive directly to dubrovnik after plitvice, have 2 nights there. and than at the end have 2 nights in kotor with one full day on the 13 hour day trip. this would make it very busy.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thank you kindly
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Health insurance coverage
- 2 Tennis Holidays
- 3 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
- 4 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 5 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 6 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 7 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 8 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 9 Family vacay in Europe
- 10 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 11 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 12 Italy - best two central locations
- 13 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 14 Another Book List for Italy
- 15 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 16 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 17 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 18 Day trip suggestion from London
- 19 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 20 Back to Paris--need hotel advice
- 21 Classical Music in Milan
- 22 Pousadas in Portugal
- 23 Eight Days in Berlin; Walks, Food, Museums and Ambivalence
- 24 Places to visits near Porto
- 25 From Denmark to Balkan and around
croatia/montengro trip in july - whats worth it to see! tara river raft?