we have 9 nights for our 10 year anniversary , our first trip without our children so want it to me romantic but like moving around as well,
flying into zagreb. right now our itiniery looks like this;
1-zagreb lunch and drive to trakoscan castle, than to sobe korana in plitvice for the night.
2-plitvice and than overnight in either mostar or trogir? opinions?
3- drive to dubrovnik over night there
4- sailing/kayaking trip around elafiti islands, sipan, peljisac peninsula, ston, mljet wiht huck finn sailing
7- sail ends and drive or ferry to motor, staying in either kotor or perast? opinions?
8-either stay in kotor, cavtat or dubrovnik
9- dubrovnik day and night
10- fly out to amalfi for 4 nights in 1 hotel prob in positano?
Besides the question marks in my itinerary, I really wanted to see Rovinj (but that would have to be in place of plitvice which i hear is a must see??)
and would like to do some interior , like rafting/kayaking on the tara river (or is there a river in croatia that is just as beautiful , scenery wise and alot closer?) We dont care about size of rapids but amazing natural scenery.
Is tara canyon worth it for a 6 hours drive to do the day trip one day rafting there? and would you do the upper art of the canyon or the lower part because you can only do one in a day, which is more scenic? The only way we could fit this in would be to eliminate trogir or mostar and drive directly to dubrovnik after plitvice, have 2 nights there. and than at the end have 2 nights in kotor with one full day on the 13 hour day trip. this would make it very busy.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thank you kindly
croatia/montengro trip in july - whats worth it to see! tara river raft?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SoS!!! Rome Hotel Prices - Why soooo expensive????
- 2 German Wings
- 3 Sea side in Italy
- 4 Sagrada Familia - Barcelona; time "allocation"
- 5 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 6 Help! Anyone else victim of Hertz rental car return "damages" charge scam?
- 7 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 8 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 9 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 10 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 11 Our first trip to Europe
- 12 Booking Engines You trust?
- 13 Renting a car after train to Florence
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 Does anyone know of a good resource for Castles
- 16 Gargnano vs Bellagio (Lake Garda vs Lake Como)
- 17 Using Obb website
- 18 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 19 Milan underground
- 20 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 21 Checking out your destination with live webcams- Rome for example!
- 22 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 23 April long weekend - Munich v Innsbruck v Salzburg
- 24 Budapest Favorites
- 25 Northern Italy Agriturismo, Activities, Cooking School