we have 9 nights for our 10 year anniversary , our first trip without our children so want it to me romantic but like moving around as well,
flying into zagreb. right now our itiniery looks like this;
1-zagreb lunch and drive to trakoscan castle, than to sobe korana in plitvice for the night.
2-plitvice and than overnight in either mostar or trogir? opinions?
3- drive to dubrovnik over night there
4- sailing/kayaking trip around elafiti islands, sipan, peljisac peninsula, ston, mljet wiht huck finn sailing
7- sail ends and drive or ferry to motor, staying in either kotor or perast? opinions?
8-either stay in kotor, cavtat or dubrovnik
9- dubrovnik day and night
10- fly out to amalfi for 4 nights in 1 hotel prob in positano?
Besides the question marks in my itinerary, I really wanted to see Rovinj (but that would have to be in place of plitvice which i hear is a must see??)
and would like to do some interior , like rafting/kayaking on the tara river (or is there a river in croatia that is just as beautiful , scenery wise and alot closer?) We dont care about size of rapids but amazing natural scenery.
Is tara canyon worth it for a 6 hours drive to do the day trip one day rafting there? and would you do the upper art of the canyon or the lower part because you can only do one in a day, which is more scenic? The only way we could fit this in would be to eliminate trogir or mostar and drive directly to dubrovnik after plitvice, have 2 nights there. and than at the end have 2 nights in kotor with one full day on the 13 hour day trip. this would make it very busy.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thank you kindly
croatia/montengro trip in july - whats worth it to see! tara river raft?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 2 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 3 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 4 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 5 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 6 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 7 flea markets in France
- 8 What to wear
- 9 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 10 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 11 London neighborhood suggestions
- 12 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 13 Spain tips beyond safety
- 14 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 15 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 16 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 17 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 18 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 19 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 20 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 21 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 22 german rail ticket question
- 23 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 24 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 25 Madrid and London