we have 9 nights for our 10 year anniversary , our first trip without our children so want it to me romantic but like moving around as well,
flying into zagreb. right now our itiniery looks like this;
1-zagreb lunch and drive to trakoscan castle, than to sobe korana in plitvice for the night.
2-plitvice and than overnight in either mostar or trogir? opinions?
3- drive to dubrovnik over night there
4- sailing/kayaking trip around elafiti islands, sipan, peljisac peninsula, ston, mljet wiht huck finn sailing
7- sail ends and drive or ferry to motor, staying in either kotor or perast? opinions?
8-either stay in kotor, cavtat or dubrovnik
9- dubrovnik day and night
10- fly out to amalfi for 4 nights in 1 hotel prob in positano?
Besides the question marks in my itinerary, I really wanted to see Rovinj (but that would have to be in place of plitvice which i hear is a must see??)
and would like to do some interior , like rafting/kayaking on the tara river (or is there a river in croatia that is just as beautiful , scenery wise and alot closer?) We dont care about size of rapids but amazing natural scenery.
Is tara canyon worth it for a 6 hours drive to do the day trip one day rafting there? and would you do the upper art of the canyon or the lower part because you can only do one in a day, which is more scenic? The only way we could fit this in would be to eliminate trogir or mostar and drive directly to dubrovnik after plitvice, have 2 nights there. and than at the end have 2 nights in kotor with one full day on the 13 hour day trip. this would make it very busy.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thank you kindly
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 2 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 3 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 4 Greece Experts
- 5 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 6 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 7 France to stop making foie grois
- 8 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 9 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 10 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 11 Ireland driving itinerary
- 12 Greece Itinerary
- 13 Germany and Austria trip report
- 14 From London to Paris to US
- 15 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 16 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 17 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 18 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 19 Nice village, good restaurant, between Bologna and Florence?
- 20 Puglia
- 21 My greece vacation
- 22 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 23 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 24 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 25 Naples or Genoa
croatia/montengro trip in july - whats worth it to see! tara river raft?