we have 9 nights for our 10 year anniversary , our first trip without our children so want it to me romantic but like moving around as well,
flying into zagreb. right now our itiniery looks like this;
1-zagreb lunch and drive to trakoscan castle, than to sobe korana in plitvice for the night.
2-plitvice and than overnight in either mostar or trogir? opinions?
3- drive to dubrovnik over night there
4- sailing/kayaking trip around elafiti islands, sipan, peljisac peninsula, ston, mljet wiht huck finn sailing
7- sail ends and drive or ferry to motor, staying in either kotor or perast? opinions?
8-either stay in kotor, cavtat or dubrovnik
9- dubrovnik day and night
10- fly out to amalfi for 4 nights in 1 hotel prob in positano?
Besides the question marks in my itinerary, I really wanted to see Rovinj (but that would have to be in place of plitvice which i hear is a must see??)
and would like to do some interior , like rafting/kayaking on the tara river (or is there a river in croatia that is just as beautiful , scenery wise and alot closer?) We dont care about size of rapids but amazing natural scenery.
Is tara canyon worth it for a 6 hours drive to do the day trip one day rafting there? and would you do the upper art of the canyon or the lower part because you can only do one in a day, which is more scenic? The only way we could fit this in would be to eliminate trogir or mostar and drive directly to dubrovnik after plitvice, have 2 nights there. and than at the end have 2 nights in kotor with one full day on the 13 hour day trip. this would make it very busy.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thank you kindly
croatia/montengro trip in july - whats worth it to see! tara river raft?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling to Munich
- 2 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 3 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 4 Avignon to London?
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 7 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 8 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 9 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 10 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 11 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 12 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 13 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 14 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 15 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 16 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 17 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 18 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 19 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 20 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 23 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 24 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 25 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?