Thanks for providing such a wealth of information and a great forum for sharing your experience and knowledge. I’ve read through some posts and have found some great information.
My girlfriend and I plan to travel to Greece, Italy, France and Spain next May/June. We have a comfortable budget and around 4 weeks to cover our itinerary. We have put together a bit of a mind dump of an itinerary which I suspect has way too many destinations. Using the itinerary FAQ’s ‘divide by 3.5’ rule of thumb we should only be visiting around 8-9 places over the 30 odd days we have available.
The current draft itinerary has 25! Haha ☺
I have been to France, but when I was 10 so i don't remember a great deal.
My girlfriend has been to France, Italy and Spain, but on a quick two week Contiki tour.
I'm keen on visiting the Loire Valley and Meteora (please let me know if its worth it).
She is set on visiting Santorini.
To help with responses: the type of advice we'd cherish is advice on whether certain places are worth seeing based on certain attractions (e.g restaurant, landmark, view, festival, nightlife etc), your experiences there, how the place fits in with the others on the list (eg is it not worth seeing place x because place y has a better something anyway) or other consideration. We know we have way too many places and your insight will help with whittling the list down!
Not that keen on:
mosh pit type crowds
backpacking type travel
overrated anti-climatic cliched experiences
touristy booze/drug culture areas/'attractions'
harassment by peddlers
anything to do with food or cooking
One question is whether to fly to Athens and start from Greece, or fly into Lisbon and start from there or vice versa… or something completely different.
Any comments would be great, we'd love if you could share your experiences and help us hack down the number of places we have on the list!
Thanks in advance
Sorry for the long link, but here is our itinerary on Google Maps:
Critique a draft itinerary please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HELP people from DONBASS!
- 2 history museums or locations
- 3 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 4 22 year olds in Europe
- 5 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 6 Normandy and Loire
- 7 London neighborhood suggestions
- 8 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 9 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 10 Pyrenees logistics
- 11 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 12 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 13 5 Observations About Paris
- 14 Hotels/B&B's in Monterosso
- 15 Portugal Trip
- 16 One week in Spain, late May
- 17 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 18 Northern Europe in April-May
- 19 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 20 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 21 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 22 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 23 malta
- 24 First time Ireland trip
- 25 Iwango went…to Nice