Long time lurker here, was hoping to get some Fodorite advice in terms of itinerary.
We are spending a few weeks in Europe (from Australia). We have only six nights in the South of France (fly into Nice), in early August.
- Cannes - 3 Nights (Also includes a day trip to Monaco and surrounds)
- St Tropez - 2 Nights
- Nice - 1 Night
While I know that on Fodors, Nice always wins the Nice vs Cannes battles - but we've had a number of friends (similar tastes to ours) visit recently, and they all preferred Cannes. Similar for Monaco - we know there are nicer places, but would still like to visit there.
I suppose my main question is regarding St Tropez. Tossing up between one or two nights there. We love the idea of Club 55, Nikki Beach, etc - but not sure whether one day/night would be sufficient, particularly given the immense summer traffic we'd have to deal with getting in and out. Two nights we can put our feet up and relax, one night could be too rushed - but it means we could spend an extra night in Nice.
Appreciate your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 2 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 3 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 4 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 5 Munich, Germany
- 6 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 7 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 8 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 9 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 10 Cornwall to Edinburgh in 25 days ????
- 11 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 12 Touring Wales
- 13 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 14 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 15 First Time Europe Trip
- 16 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 17 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 18 Slovenia + Croatia HELP!
- 19 St Andrews advice
- 20 3 nights in Tuscany
- 21 Cordoba or Granada?
- 22 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 23 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 24 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 25 train from ams to paris