Long time lurker here, was hoping to get some Fodorite advice in terms of itinerary.
We are spending a few weeks in Europe (from Australia). We have only six nights in the South of France (fly into Nice), in early August.
- Cannes - 3 Nights (Also includes a day trip to Monaco and surrounds)
- St Tropez - 2 Nights
- Nice - 1 Night
While I know that on Fodors, Nice always wins the Nice vs Cannes battles - but we've had a number of friends (similar tastes to ours) visit recently, and they all preferred Cannes. Similar for Monaco - we know there are nicer places, but would still like to visit there.
I suppose my main question is regarding St Tropez. Tossing up between one or two nights there. We love the idea of Club 55, Nikki Beach, etc - but not sure whether one day/night would be sufficient, particularly given the immense summer traffic we'd have to deal with getting in and out. Two nights we can put our feet up and relax, one night could be too rushed - but it means we could spend an extra night in Nice.
Appreciate your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 2 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 5 Borghese Gallery Question
- 6 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 7 Sim Card
- 8 Transport for local Venice travel
- 9 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 10 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 11 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 12 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 15 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 16 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 17 Towns around Lucca
- 18 Cork questions
- 19 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 20 Italy Vacation
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 23 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 24 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 25 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa