Long time lurker here, was hoping to get some Fodorite advice in terms of itinerary.
We are spending a few weeks in Europe (from Australia). We have only six nights in the South of France (fly into Nice), in early August.
- Cannes - 3 Nights (Also includes a day trip to Monaco and surrounds)
- St Tropez - 2 Nights
- Nice - 1 Night
While I know that on Fodors, Nice always wins the Nice vs Cannes battles - but we've had a number of friends (similar tastes to ours) visit recently, and they all preferred Cannes. Similar for Monaco - we know there are nicer places, but would still like to visit there.
I suppose my main question is regarding St Tropez. Tossing up between one or two nights there. We love the idea of Club 55, Nikki Beach, etc - but not sure whether one day/night would be sufficient, particularly given the immense summer traffic we'd have to deal with getting in and out. Two nights we can put our feet up and relax, one night could be too rushed - but it means we could spend an extra night in Nice.
Appreciate your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shopping in Paris
- 2 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 3 Brussels Airport
- 4 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 5 spanish winery region(s)
- 6 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 7 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 8 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 9 Rome and Venice in December
- 10 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 11 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 12 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 13 Malta: baby food?
- 14 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 15 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 16 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 17 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 18 2 London theatre recommendations
- 19 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 20 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 21 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 22 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 23 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 24 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 25 Florence and Siena Restaurants