Long time lurker here, was hoping to get some Fodorite advice in terms of itinerary.
We are spending a few weeks in Europe (from Australia). We have only six nights in the South of France (fly into Nice), in early August.
- Cannes - 3 Nights (Also includes a day trip to Monaco and surrounds)
- St Tropez - 2 Nights
- Nice - 1 Night
While I know that on Fodors, Nice always wins the Nice vs Cannes battles - but we've had a number of friends (similar tastes to ours) visit recently, and they all preferred Cannes. Similar for Monaco - we know there are nicer places, but would still like to visit there.
I suppose my main question is regarding St Tropez. Tossing up between one or two nights there. We love the idea of Club 55, Nikki Beach, etc - but not sure whether one day/night would be sufficient, particularly given the immense summer traffic we'd have to deal with getting in and out. Two nights we can put our feet up and relax, one night could be too rushed - but it means we could spend an extra night in Nice.
Appreciate your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Europcar!
- 2 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 3 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 4 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 5 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 6 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 7 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 8 16 days in France and Italy
- 9 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 10 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 11 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 12 Amsterdam
- 13 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 14 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 15 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 16 Train / Calabria
- 17 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 18 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 19 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 20 Paris for children
- 21 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 22 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 23 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 24 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 25 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain