Long time lurker here, was hoping to get some Fodorite advice in terms of itinerary.
We are spending a few weeks in Europe (from Australia). We have only six nights in the South of France (fly into Nice), in early August.
- Cannes - 3 Nights (Also includes a day trip to Monaco and surrounds)
- St Tropez - 2 Nights
- Nice - 1 Night
While I know that on Fodors, Nice always wins the Nice vs Cannes battles - but we've had a number of friends (similar tastes to ours) visit recently, and they all preferred Cannes. Similar for Monaco - we know there are nicer places, but would still like to visit there.
I suppose my main question is regarding St Tropez. Tossing up between one or two nights there. We love the idea of Club 55, Nikki Beach, etc - but not sure whether one day/night would be sufficient, particularly given the immense summer traffic we'd have to deal with getting in and out. Two nights we can put our feet up and relax, one night could be too rushed - but it means we could spend an extra night in Nice.
Appreciate your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 3 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 4 Spain in July
- 5 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 6 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 7 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 8 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 9 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 10 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 11 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 12 5 Days in Switzerland
- 13 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 14 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 15 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 16 International Flight Question
- 17 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 18 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 19 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 20 We're here!
- 21 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 24 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 25 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me