Long time lurker here, was hoping to get some Fodorite advice in terms of itinerary.
We are spending a few weeks in Europe (from Australia). We have only six nights in the South of France (fly into Nice), in early August.
- Cannes - 3 Nights (Also includes a day trip to Monaco and surrounds)
- St Tropez - 2 Nights
- Nice - 1 Night
While I know that on Fodors, Nice always wins the Nice vs Cannes battles - but we've had a number of friends (similar tastes to ours) visit recently, and they all preferred Cannes. Similar for Monaco - we know there are nicer places, but would still like to visit there.
I suppose my main question is regarding St Tropez. Tossing up between one or two nights there. We love the idea of Club 55, Nikki Beach, etc - but not sure whether one day/night would be sufficient, particularly given the immense summer traffic we'd have to deal with getting in and out. Two nights we can put our feet up and relax, one night could be too rushed - but it means we could spend an extra night in Nice.
Appreciate your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 2 France to stop making foie grois
- 3 Munich Under Attack...
- 4 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 5 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 6 Greece Itinerary
- 7 15 days in Sep 2016: Itinerary help pls
- 8 Prague on a budget...
- 9 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 10 Eurail or Swiss Pass in Switzerland
- 11 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
- 12 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 13 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 14 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 15 First trip - destination advice!
- 16 How big backpack do I need?
- 17 Driving in Portual/Spain
- 18 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 19 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 20 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 21 Stonehenge and Bath
- 22 Homeaway/Owners Direct New contract
- 23 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 24 From Genoa to Rome...
- 25 Spain in November