I'm looking to take a train from Paris to Munich and am a bit confused on what I am finding on DB Bahn.com. I will be travelling with my 70 year old mother and my 12 & 13 year old children who have never been to Europe or travelled by train. My daughter is a bit of a worry wort so I want to make sure that she feels safe if we're travelling at night. I see a selection for a 4 person Day couch and a selection for 4 persons in a 4-person berth couchette (I have selected 1st class travel) and then there are sleeper options. Can someone help me understand the difference between the day couch, the couchette and the sleeper.
Also, if you were me, would you go with the CNL or would you take the TGV during the day given my daughter's fears? The problem with the day is that it gets us to Munich late and ultimately we need to transfer to Innsbruck which is not convenient for family to pick us up.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 2 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 3 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 4 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 5 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 6 multi city flights to europe
- 7 My final Prague itinerary
- 8 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 9 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 10 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 11 One week in Europe
- 12 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 13 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 14 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 17 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 18 Private Guide in Lyon
- 19 13 nights in switzerland
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 London Theater
- 22 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 23 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 24 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 25 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!