I'm looking to take a train from Paris to Munich and am a bit confused on what I am finding on DB Bahn.com. I will be travelling with my 70 year old mother and my 12 & 13 year old children who have never been to Europe or travelled by train. My daughter is a bit of a worry wort so I want to make sure that she feels safe if we're travelling at night. I see a selection for a 4 person Day couch and a selection for 4 persons in a 4-person berth couchette (I have selected 1st class travel) and then there are sleeper options. Can someone help me understand the difference between the day couch, the couchette and the sleeper.
Also, if you were me, would you go with the CNL or would you take the TGV during the day given my daughter's fears? The problem with the day is that it gets us to Munich late and ultimately we need to transfer to Innsbruck which is not convenient for family to pick us up.
City Night Line from Paris to Munich
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel in Venice
- 2 hotels in Seville
- 3 London tube
- 4 London hotel
- 5 7 days in Greece
- 6 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 7 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 8 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 9 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 10 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 11 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 12 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 13 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 14 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 15 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 16 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 17 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 18 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 19 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 20 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 21 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 22 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 23 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 24 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 25 Day trip from London to Paris