I'm looking to take a train from Paris to Munich and am a bit confused on what I am finding on DB Bahn.com. I will be travelling with my 70 year old mother and my 12 & 13 year old children who have never been to Europe or travelled by train. My daughter is a bit of a worry wort so I want to make sure that she feels safe if we're travelling at night. I see a selection for a 4 person Day couch and a selection for 4 persons in a 4-person berth couchette (I have selected 1st class travel) and then there are sleeper options. Can someone help me understand the difference between the day couch, the couchette and the sleeper.
Also, if you were me, would you go with the CNL or would you take the TGV during the day given my daughter's fears? The problem with the day is that it gets us to Munich late and ultimately we need to transfer to Innsbruck which is not convenient for family to pick us up.
City Night Line from Paris to Munich
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London sites - skipping the queue?
- 2 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 3 Edinburgh - outings?
- 4 Day Trips From Stockton-on-Tees
- 5 What to wear
- 6 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 7 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 8 London Pass - Available through AAA?
- 9 Disneyland Paris transportation
- 10 Budapest hotels - Ibis Heroes or Ibis Budapest City
- 11 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 12 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 13 7 Nights in Paris
- 14 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 15 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 16 Istanbul Itinerary
- 17 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 18 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 19 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 20 Matisse at Tate
- 21 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 22 Small Group walking tour Switzerland
- 23 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 24 American electrical gadgets
- 25 Fjords, How To?