I'm looking to take a train from Paris to Munich and am a bit confused on what I am finding on DB Bahn.com. I will be travelling with my 70 year old mother and my 12 & 13 year old children who have never been to Europe or travelled by train. My daughter is a bit of a worry wort so I want to make sure that she feels safe if we're travelling at night. I see a selection for a 4 person Day couch and a selection for 4 persons in a 4-person berth couchette (I have selected 1st class travel) and then there are sleeper options. Can someone help me understand the difference between the day couch, the couchette and the sleeper.
Also, if you were me, would you go with the CNL or would you take the TGV during the day given my daughter's fears? The problem with the day is that it gets us to Munich late and ultimately we need to transfer to Innsbruck which is not convenient for family to pick us up.
City Night Line from Paris to Munich
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 By train to and out of Prague
- 2 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 3 Rome Trip Report -- Nov 1-8
- 4 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 5 Trip Report -- Just Back From Spain
- 6 Northern Europe in April-May
- 7 Lake Como transportation questions
- 8 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 9 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 10 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 11 history museums or locations
- 12 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 13 Granada
- 14 caroline_venezia
- 15 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 16 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 17 5 Observations About Paris
- 18 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 19 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 20 Cylades Island Hopping
- 21 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 22 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 23 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 24 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 25 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?