I'm looking to take a train from Paris to Munich and am a bit confused on what I am finding on DB Bahn.com. I will be travelling with my 70 year old mother and my 12 & 13 year old children who have never been to Europe or travelled by train. My daughter is a bit of a worry wort so I want to make sure that she feels safe if we're travelling at night. I see a selection for a 4 person Day couch and a selection for 4 persons in a 4-person berth couchette (I have selected 1st class travel) and then there are sleeper options. Can someone help me understand the difference between the day couch, the couchette and the sleeper.
Also, if you were me, would you go with the CNL or would you take the TGV during the day given my daughter's fears? The problem with the day is that it gets us to Munich late and ultimately we need to transfer to Innsbruck which is not convenient for family to pick us up.
City Night Line from Paris to Munich
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Central London Hotels
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 3 First Trip to Europe
- 4 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 5 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 6 ITALY
- 7 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 8 Marmaris Hotel with ferry transfer
- 9 Globus Tours
- 10 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 11 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 12 Help for San Sebastian
- 13 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 14 3 days in Rome
- 15 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 16 2 Days in Rome
- 17 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 18 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 19 CNN votes Utrecht the worlds best cycling city
- 20 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 21 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 22 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 23 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 24 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 25 There's no Place Like London: Part 1