I'm looking to take a train from Paris to Munich and am a bit confused on what I am finding on DB Bahn.com. I will be travelling with my 70 year old mother and my 12 & 13 year old children who have never been to Europe or travelled by train. My daughter is a bit of a worry wort so I want to make sure that she feels safe if we're travelling at night. I see a selection for a 4 person Day couch and a selection for 4 persons in a 4-person berth couchette (I have selected 1st class travel) and then there are sleeper options. Can someone help me understand the difference between the day couch, the couchette and the sleeper.
Also, if you were me, would you go with the CNL or would you take the TGV during the day given my daughter's fears? The problem with the day is that it gets us to Munich late and ultimately we need to transfer to Innsbruck which is not convenient for family to pick us up.
City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 1 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 2 Visiting Provence for first time - few questions
- 3 Trip to Europe for family of 4
- 4 Barcelona vs Madrid
- 5 Itinerary Questions
- 6 Greece and Spain?- Daughter's HS grad gift
- 7 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 8 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 9 Itinerary set - now help me pick a Kas hotel for early June
- 10 Advent Season
- 11 Bruce and Marija: Carless in Sicily in November
- 12 Overlord Tour Payment Method Not Secure
- 13 Car rental for 7, should we get one or two vehicles?
- 14 Unknown regions in the Czech republic
- 15 Chip & Pin Only
- 16 flying from Madrid to Barcelona
- 17 Norway in fall?
- 18 Heterogeneous Xmas in Spain
- 19 Late night Mayfair
- 20 Paris-Brussels-Amsterdam 7 days?
- 21 Funny questions over the years on Basque Country and Spain
- 22 best airport to fly out of Paris back to Toronto
- 23 Need help with Itinerary for Spain & France March
- 24 Swiss train travel - why so costly?
- 25 Amsterdam to Paris Best Route