I'm looking to take a train from Paris to Munich and am a bit confused on what I am finding on DB Bahn.com. I will be travelling with my 70 year old mother and my 12 & 13 year old children who have never been to Europe or travelled by train. My daughter is a bit of a worry wort so I want to make sure that she feels safe if we're travelling at night. I see a selection for a 4 person Day couch and a selection for 4 persons in a 4-person berth couchette (I have selected 1st class travel) and then there are sleeper options. Can someone help me understand the difference between the day couch, the couchette and the sleeper.
Also, if you were me, would you go with the CNL or would you take the TGV during the day given my daughter's fears? The problem with the day is that it gets us to Munich late and ultimately we need to transfer to Innsbruck which is not convenient for family to pick us up.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe itinerary
- 2 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 3 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 4 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 5 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 6 London road closings this weekend: Bike Race
- 7 Renting International Cars from USA
- 8 Europe itinerary review
- 9 Our time in Rome
- 10 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 11 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 12 train from ravenna to parma
- 13 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 14 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 15 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 16 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 17 Enjoying England for a year!
- 18 European Travel in March
- 19 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 20 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 21 Transport from Prague to Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia-Romania
- 22 My First Trip to Europe...
- 23 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 24 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 25 Tuscan Winery Suggestions