I'm looking to take a train from Paris to Munich and am a bit confused on what I am finding on DB Bahn.com. I will be travelling with my 70 year old mother and my 12 & 13 year old children who have never been to Europe or travelled by train. My daughter is a bit of a worry wort so I want to make sure that she feels safe if we're travelling at night. I see a selection for a 4 person Day couch and a selection for 4 persons in a 4-person berth couchette (I have selected 1st class travel) and then there are sleeper options. Can someone help me understand the difference between the day couch, the couchette and the sleeper.
Also, if you were me, would you go with the CNL or would you take the TGV during the day given my daughter's fears? The problem with the day is that it gets us to Munich late and ultimately we need to transfer to Innsbruck which is not convenient for family to pick us up.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Layover Madrid Info Help
- 2 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 3 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 4 Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
- 5 Florence, Italy
- 6 Naples to Pompeii
- 7 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 8 Our week in Italy - lucky with weather, missed impulse
- 9 European Championship
- 10 Amsterdam Hotel
- 11 Yorkshire Inn/Hotel/B&B with air conditioning?
- 12 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 13 Trip Report, Madrid, Seville, Granada, Cordoba
- 14 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 15 Tyrol day hiking
- 16 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 17 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 18 Summer destination for couples HELP!
- 19 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 20 I'm back.....
- 21 To europe this Aug
- 22 One week in & near Marseille
- 23 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 24 FCO connection time
- 25 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days