I'm looking to take a train from Paris to Munich and am a bit confused on what I am finding on DB Bahn.com. I will be travelling with my 70 year old mother and my 12 & 13 year old children who have never been to Europe or travelled by train. My daughter is a bit of a worry wort so I want to make sure that she feels safe if we're travelling at night. I see a selection for a 4 person Day couch and a selection for 4 persons in a 4-person berth couchette (I have selected 1st class travel) and then there are sleeper options. Can someone help me understand the difference between the day couch, the couchette and the sleeper.
Also, if you were me, would you go with the CNL or would you take the TGV during the day given my daughter's fears? The problem with the day is that it gets us to Munich late and ultimately we need to transfer to Innsbruck which is not convenient for family to pick us up.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 2 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 3 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 4 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 5 Undisclsoed location
- 6 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 7 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 8 Rome to venice
- 9 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 10 Italy bus or train
- 11 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 12 Moscow, Onion Domes - Travel Report
- 13 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 14 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 15 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 16 Need help with my itinerary
- 17 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 18 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 19 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 20 Chamonix to Paris
- 21 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 22 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 23 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 24 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 25 A new species of Homo Sapien??