My boyfriend and I are leaving for Portugal next week, eep! We have planned a stay in Guimaraes, and while we are there we would like to go to the Citânia de Briteiros archaeological site. According to the guidebook, it is about 15 km from Guimaraes, which seems too far to walk, alas. We'd prefer not to rent a car.
One guidebook mentioned a bus, but it didn't sound terribly convenient as it only operates 3 times per day and doesn't get you terribly close, but I am definitely willing to be persuaded otherwise.
Would a cab be crazy expensive? Are there reasonable tours? (I've seen a guide recommended, but 65E+ for a couple of hours seems rather steep). Is it possible to bike there, and, if so, can bikes be rented in Guimaraes?
Any information would be much appreciated, thank you!
Also, if we do need to rent a car, do Portugal rental agents require the International Driving Permit? I'd prefer not to sink two hours of my time into going to AAA to buy one if I don't have to.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 2 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 5 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Help on ancient history route
- 8 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 9 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 10 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 11 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 12 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 13 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 14 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 15 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 16 Switzerland in October
- 17 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 18 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 19 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 20 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 21 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 22 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 23 Tuscany First Time
- 24 Iceland car rental agencies
- 25 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.