My boyfriend and I are leaving for Portugal next week, eep! We have planned a stay in Guimaraes, and while we are there we would like to go to the Citânia de Briteiros archaeological site. According to the guidebook, it is about 15 km from Guimaraes, which seems too far to walk, alas. We'd prefer not to rent a car.
One guidebook mentioned a bus, but it didn't sound terribly convenient as it only operates 3 times per day and doesn't get you terribly close, but I am definitely willing to be persuaded otherwise.
Would a cab be crazy expensive? Are there reasonable tours? (I've seen a guide recommended, but 65E+ for a couple of hours seems rather steep). Is it possible to bike there, and, if so, can bikes be rented in Guimaraes?
Any information would be much appreciated, thank you!
Also, if we do need to rent a car, do Portugal rental agents require the International Driving Permit? I'd prefer not to sink two hours of my time into going to AAA to buy one if I don't have to.
Citânia de Briteiros from Guimaraes Without a Car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 2 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 3 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 4 Ste Remy France
- 5 bath or york
- 6 car rental info
- 7 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 8 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 9 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 10 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 11 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 12 A drive in Europe
- 13 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 14 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 15 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 16 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 17 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 18 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 19 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 20 London tube
- 21 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 22 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 25 Local Tour in Provence?