My boyfriend and I are leaving for Portugal next week, eep! We have planned a stay in Guimaraes, and while we are there we would like to go to the Citânia de Briteiros archaeological site. According to the guidebook, it is about 15 km from Guimaraes, which seems too far to walk, alas. We'd prefer not to rent a car.
One guidebook mentioned a bus, but it didn't sound terribly convenient as it only operates 3 times per day and doesn't get you terribly close, but I am definitely willing to be persuaded otherwise.
Would a cab be crazy expensive? Are there reasonable tours? (I've seen a guide recommended, but 65E+ for a couple of hours seems rather steep). Is it possible to bike there, and, if so, can bikes be rented in Guimaraes?
Any information would be much appreciated, thank you!
Also, if we do need to rent a car, do Portugal rental agents require the International Driving Permit? I'd prefer not to sink two hours of my time into going to AAA to buy one if I don't have to.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 2 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 3 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 4 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 5 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 6 Revised itinerary for italy
- 7 Bernina Express mid-March
- 8 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 9 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 where to stay in London?
- 14 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 15 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 16 Flamenco in October
- 17 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 18 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 19 4 days itinerary for France
- 20 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 21 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 22 getting to CDG
- 23 A Month stay in Southern France
- 24 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 25 3 days in Ortygia Sicily