My boyfriend and I are leaving for Portugal next week, eep! We have planned a stay in Guimaraes, and while we are there we would like to go to the Citânia de Briteiros archaeological site. According to the guidebook, it is about 15 km from Guimaraes, which seems too far to walk, alas. We'd prefer not to rent a car.
One guidebook mentioned a bus, but it didn't sound terribly convenient as it only operates 3 times per day and doesn't get you terribly close, but I am definitely willing to be persuaded otherwise.
Would a cab be crazy expensive? Are there reasonable tours? (I've seen a guide recommended, but 65E+ for a couple of hours seems rather steep). Is it possible to bike there, and, if so, can bikes be rented in Guimaraes?
Any information would be much appreciated, thank you!
Also, if we do need to rent a car, do Portugal rental agents require the International Driving Permit? I'd prefer not to sink two hours of my time into going to AAA to buy one if I don't have to.
Citânia de Briteiros from Guimaraes Without a Car?
- 1 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 2 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 3 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 4 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 5 France by rail or car?
- 6 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 7 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 8 Tool for comparing train cost with and without Eurail
- 9 Anyone used Rive Gauche Rive Droit, or worked with William Royer?
- 10 London at Xmas
- 11 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 12 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 13 Bank of England Museum
- 14 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 15 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 16 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 17 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 18 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 19 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 20 East coast trains
- 21 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 22 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 23 Which tour company would be best?
- 24 First night after arriving in Milan
- 25 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist