My boyfriend and I are leaving for Portugal next week, eep! We have planned a stay in Guimaraes, and while we are there we would like to go to the Citânia de Briteiros archaeological site. According to the guidebook, it is about 15 km from Guimaraes, which seems too far to walk, alas. We'd prefer not to rent a car.
One guidebook mentioned a bus, but it didn't sound terribly convenient as it only operates 3 times per day and doesn't get you terribly close, but I am definitely willing to be persuaded otherwise.
Would a cab be crazy expensive? Are there reasonable tours? (I've seen a guide recommended, but 65E+ for a couple of hours seems rather steep). Is it possible to bike there, and, if so, can bikes be rented in Guimaraes?
Any information would be much appreciated, thank you!
Also, if we do need to rent a car, do Portugal rental agents require the International Driving Permit? I'd prefer not to sink two hours of my time into going to AAA to buy one if I don't have to.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 2 Buy international calling card OR Smart phone with international minutes?
- 3 Budapest on a budget
- 4 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 5 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 6 Norfolk base
- 7 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 8 http://anradrol.com/jack-hammer-xl/
- 9 Renting bed linens and towels
- 10 Italy for the first time
- 11 vienna ticket office to buy tickets for opera bastille Paris
- 12 Calling home from abroad
- 13 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 14 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 15 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 16 20 free days of Europe
- 17 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 18 Spain Road trip Barcelona to San Sebastian June 2017
- 19 Our European adventures
- 20 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 21 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 22 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 23 Spain Trip Report
- 24 CDG international flight
- 25 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day