My boyfriend and I are leaving for Portugal next week, eep! We have planned a stay in Guimaraes, and while we are there we would like to go to the Citânia de Briteiros archaeological site. According to the guidebook, it is about 15 km from Guimaraes, which seems too far to walk, alas. We'd prefer not to rent a car.
One guidebook mentioned a bus, but it didn't sound terribly convenient as it only operates 3 times per day and doesn't get you terribly close, but I am definitely willing to be persuaded otherwise.
Would a cab be crazy expensive? Are there reasonable tours? (I've seen a guide recommended, but 65E+ for a couple of hours seems rather steep). Is it possible to bike there, and, if so, can bikes be rented in Guimaraes?
Any information would be much appreciated, thank you!
Also, if we do need to rent a car, do Portugal rental agents require the International Driving Permit? I'd prefer not to sink two hours of my time into going to AAA to buy one if I don't have to.
Citânia de Briteiros from Guimaraes Without a Car?
- 1 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 2 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 3 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 4 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 5 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 6 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 7 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 8 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 9 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 10 Hotels in Sorrento
- 11 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 12 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 13 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 14 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 15 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 16 Germany with 6 month old.
- 17 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 18 Which tour company would be best?
- 19 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 20 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 21 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 22 Apartment in Seville
- 23 Irish Pub Arrival Time ?
- 24 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 25 Germany and Italy