Greetings all. I've been reading about changing dollars/banking/ATMs, etc., and see that a lot of advice is to use credit cards. I've always done so with ease in the past, but haven't done a lot of traveling since the chip and pin issue with credit cards. My questions: are the US cards (without chip and pin) still readily usable in Europe? Do European businesses (esp hotels and restaurants) still disdain American Express cards (my choice)? Thanks!
Chip and pin credit cards
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 2 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 3 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 4 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 5 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 6 Train travel in Europe
- 7 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 8 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 9 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 10 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 11 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 12 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 13 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 14 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 15 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 16 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 17 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 18 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 19 Prague Main Train Station
- 20 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 21 When to visit Provence updated info
- 22 Purchasing SNCF Tickets
- 23 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 24 Itinerary Questions
- 25 Honeymoon to Greece in June 2014. Santorini, Crete, Mykonos, Rodes