I have a unique challenge. I am hard of hearing, with an increasing likelihood of being completely deaf within a few years. I'm building a "bucket list" for my ears, of things that I want to hear and experience before it's too late.
One of the things on my list is that I want to fall asleep and wake up while listening to the sound of the ocean - waves crashing - seagulls - you know, that type of thing.
I don't really care where this occurs, although obviously a nice B&B on the coast is an obvious choice. The hard part is that so many places that advertise as being "on the water" aren't actually close enough to HEAR the water.
Do you have any suggestions? Places you've stayed or found or longed for?
I currently live in London, so locations in Europe are preferable, but I'm not ruling anything out,.
PS - Also taking suggestions for other items to include on my bucket list.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 If you had to choose one......
- 3 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 4 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 5 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 6 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 7 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 8 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 9 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 10 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 11 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 12 Sicily
- 13 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 14 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 15 car for four adults and four bikes
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 18 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 21 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 22 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 23 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 24 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions