I have a unique challenge. I am hard of hearing, with an increasing likelihood of being completely deaf within a few years. I'm building a "bucket list" for my ears, of things that I want to hear and experience before it's too late.
One of the things on my list is that I want to fall asleep and wake up while listening to the sound of the ocean - waves crashing - seagulls - you know, that type of thing.
I don't really care where this occurs, although obviously a nice B&B on the coast is an obvious choice. The hard part is that so many places that advertise as being "on the water" aren't actually close enough to HEAR the water.
Do you have any suggestions? Places you've stayed or found or longed for?
I currently live in London, so locations in Europe are preferable, but I'm not ruling anything out,.
PS - Also taking suggestions for other items to include on my bucket list.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 2 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 3 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 4 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 5 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 6 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 9 Madrid/Lisbon
- 10 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 13 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 14 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Oporto
- 17 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Perugia
- 20 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 21 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?