I have a unique challenge. I am hard of hearing, with an increasing likelihood of being completely deaf within a few years. I'm building a "bucket list" for my ears, of things that I want to hear and experience before it's too late.
One of the things on my list is that I want to fall asleep and wake up while listening to the sound of the ocean - waves crashing - seagulls - you know, that type of thing.
I don't really care where this occurs, although obviously a nice B&B on the coast is an obvious choice. The hard part is that so many places that advertise as being "on the water" aren't actually close enough to HEAR the water.
Do you have any suggestions? Places you've stayed or found or longed for?
I currently live in London, so locations in Europe are preferable, but I'm not ruling anything out,.
PS - Also taking suggestions for other items to include on my bucket list.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 2 Bruges
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 6 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 7 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 8 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 9 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 12 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 13 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 14 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 15 Planning A trip
- 16 A week in the Occitanie
- 17 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 20 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 21 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 22 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 23 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 24 Train Through Spain
- 25 Destination ideas for 88 year old