I have a unique challenge. I am hard of hearing, with an increasing likelihood of being completely deaf within a few years. I'm building a "bucket list" for my ears, of things that I want to hear and experience before it's too late.
One of the things on my list is that I want to fall asleep and wake up while listening to the sound of the ocean - waves crashing - seagulls - you know, that type of thing.
I don't really care where this occurs, although obviously a nice B&B on the coast is an obvious choice. The hard part is that so many places that advertise as being "on the water" aren't actually close enough to HEAR the water.
Do you have any suggestions? Places you've stayed or found or longed for?
I currently live in London, so locations in Europe are preferable, but I'm not ruling anything out,.
PS - Also taking suggestions for other items to include on my bucket list.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 2 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 3 Top Tapas Tascas
- 4 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 5 Paris: Veggietown for Vegetarian Restaurants
- 6 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 7 Insurance on rental car options
- 8 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 9 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 10 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 11 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 12 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 13 Keukenhof in May?
- 14 Happy birthday ATM
- 15 24 hours in Paris
- 16 Istanbul at Easter
- 17 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 18 tickets for Wimbledon
- 19 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 20 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 21 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 22 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 23 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 24 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 25 Granada to Seville driving day trip