My husband, 8 month old son and I are travelling for a month and will be renting a vehicle in three different locations.
We were looking at renting through AutoEurope / Kemwel. For the most part, I have heard good things.
My one concern: when you look at the total quoted price for both providers, they are (on average) $80-$100 cheaper then renting directly through Enterprise.
The total on the Enterprise webpage includes charges related to:
- Premium location fee (my guess, because we are picking up from airport?)
- Vehicle License Fee
Now, on AE/Kemwel, they do include VAT but exclude the other two that Enterprise charges for.
I have heard some people being 'ripped off' when it came time to pay. Is this because of the additional fees that Enterprise already has included?
Are we safe to book through AE/Kemwel, have you had any problems?
I am also aware of the added fees for highway tolls. And, have heard that diesel cars are cheaper on fuel than gas ones...
Your help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 4 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 5 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 6 A week in Paris
- 7 38 Days in Paris
- 8 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 9 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 10 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 11 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 12 2 Months in Sicily
- 13 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 14 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 17 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 18 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 19 Azores
- 20 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 21 Sundays in Puglia
- 22 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 23 Prague
- 24 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 25 What tips can you give about packing?