My husband, 8 month old son and I are travelling for a month and will be renting a vehicle in three different locations.
We were looking at renting through AutoEurope / Kemwel. For the most part, I have heard good things.
My one concern: when you look at the total quoted price for both providers, they are (on average) $80-$100 cheaper then renting directly through Enterprise.
The total on the Enterprise webpage includes charges related to:
- Premium location fee (my guess, because we are picking up from airport?)
- Vehicle License Fee
Now, on AE/Kemwel, they do include VAT but exclude the other two that Enterprise charges for.
I have heard some people being 'ripped off' when it came time to pay. Is this because of the additional fees that Enterprise already has included?
Are we safe to book through AE/Kemwel, have you had any problems?
I am also aware of the added fees for highway tolls. And, have heard that diesel cars are cheaper on fuel than gas ones...
Your help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help please
- 2 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 3 St Denis Cathedral
- 4 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 5 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 6 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 7 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 8 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 11 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 12 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 13 CDG much improved
- 14 Praiano
- 15 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 16 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 17 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 18 Norway fjord
- 19 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 20 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 21 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 22 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 23 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 24 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 25 A few days in Naples - what a great city