My husband, 8 month old son and I are travelling for a month and will be renting a vehicle in three different locations.
We were looking at renting through AutoEurope / Kemwel. For the most part, I have heard good things.
My one concern: when you look at the total quoted price for both providers, they are (on average) $80-$100 cheaper then renting directly through Enterprise.
The total on the Enterprise webpage includes charges related to:
- Premium location fee (my guess, because we are picking up from airport?)
- Vehicle License Fee
Now, on AE/Kemwel, they do include VAT but exclude the other two that Enterprise charges for.
I have heard some people being 'ripped off' when it came time to pay. Is this because of the additional fees that Enterprise already has included?
Are we safe to book through AE/Kemwel, have you had any problems?
I am also aware of the added fees for highway tolls. And, have heard that diesel cars are cheaper on fuel than gas ones...
Your help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 2 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 3 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 4 Naples, Italy
- 5 Engadine Valley help
- 6 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 7 Tuscany 6 nights
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 10 French restaurants
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 13 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 14 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 15 Planning a European Trip
- 16 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 17 France & Italy, May or June
- 18 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 19 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 20 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 21 San Sebastian
- 22 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 23 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 24 Lisbon trip report
- 25 restaurants in Marais district