My husband, 8 month old son and I are travelling for a month and will be renting a vehicle in three different locations.
We were looking at renting through AutoEurope / Kemwel. For the most part, I have heard good things.
My one concern: when you look at the total quoted price for both providers, they are (on average) $80-$100 cheaper then renting directly through Enterprise.
The total on the Enterprise webpage includes charges related to:
- Premium location fee (my guess, because we are picking up from airport?)
- Vehicle License Fee
Now, on AE/Kemwel, they do include VAT but exclude the other two that Enterprise charges for.
I have heard some people being 'ripped off' when it came time to pay. Is this because of the additional fees that Enterprise already has included?
Are we safe to book through AE/Kemwel, have you had any problems?
I am also aware of the added fees for highway tolls. And, have heard that diesel cars are cheaper on fuel than gas ones...
Your help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrird and Seville
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 4 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 5 Greece
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 10 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 11 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 12 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 13 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 14 Iceland
- 15 Spain - day driver advice
- 16 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 17 London with Teens Trip Report
- 18 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 19 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 20 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 21 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 22 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 23 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 24 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 25 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester