My husband, 8 month old son and I are travelling for a month and will be renting a vehicle in three different locations.
We were looking at renting through AutoEurope / Kemwel. For the most part, I have heard good things.
My one concern: when you look at the total quoted price for both providers, they are (on average) $80-$100 cheaper then renting directly through Enterprise.
The total on the Enterprise webpage includes charges related to:
- Premium location fee (my guess, because we are picking up from airport?)
- Vehicle License Fee
Now, on AE/Kemwel, they do include VAT but exclude the other two that Enterprise charges for.
I have heard some people being 'ripped off' when it came time to pay. Is this because of the additional fees that Enterprise already has included?
Are we safe to book through AE/Kemwel, have you had any problems?
I am also aware of the added fees for highway tolls. And, have heard that diesel cars are cheaper on fuel than gas ones...
Your help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 2 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 3 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 4 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 5 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 6 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 7 Milan and Lake Como
- 8 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 11 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 12 One week in Europe
- 13 Budapest to Kosice
- 14 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 15 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 16 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 17 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 18 Munich itinerary review
- 19 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 20 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 21 Switzerland in September
- 22 Where to eat in Rome?
- 23 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 24 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 25 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony