It's been about 15 years since i've done this route, arriving into the St Pierre des Corps station on the TGV from Paris. I vaguely recall the car rental counter being right there in the station (we used Drawbridge to Europe so I don't know which agency counter we went to).
But... I've seen so many confusing poses here about the different car rental agencies and their various locations in and around Tours... and some are franchises and some are not... so I have to ask the following for those of you who know the options well.
1) Which agencies have a rental counter right at the TGV station?
2) If there are other agencies at other locations in Tours that might have larger selections, are they a quick (eg, less than 15 minute) shuttle ride to another lot?
I'll have our little kids with us and I'm looking for the greatest ease of use with this. I don't want to have to do any transfering or shuttling to another location (unless it's a quick ride like 5-15 minutes). Some of the posts here at Fodors have implied that getting a car in the area is really a hassle. And at least 15 years ago for us it was quite simple.
We'll be arriving on a Saturday, too... if that complicates matters much. I think mostly it means I should pick a TGV that won't arrive from noon-2:30 for the lunch hour closing times.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lucerne to Rome on Swiss pass
- 2 Dijon RAVE - My Home in Dijon
- 3 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 4 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 5 Mt. Etna wakes up
- 6 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 7 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 8 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 9 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 10 Edam, Volendam & Marken day trip?
- 11 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 12 Tuscany Trip
- 13 Calling all Iceland mavens.
- 14 12-14 nights enough ?
- 15 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 16 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 17 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 18 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 19 Updated Southern Croatia Trip (recommendations please)
- 20 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 21 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 22 Need help with my itinerary
- 23 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 24 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents