It's been about 15 years since i've done this route, arriving into the St Pierre des Corps station on the TGV from Paris. I vaguely recall the car rental counter being right there in the station (we used Drawbridge to Europe so I don't know which agency counter we went to).
But... I've seen so many confusing poses here about the different car rental agencies and their various locations in and around Tours... and some are franchises and some are not... so I have to ask the following for those of you who know the options well.
1) Which agencies have a rental counter right at the TGV station?
2) If there are other agencies at other locations in Tours that might have larger selections, are they a quick (eg, less than 15 minute) shuttle ride to another lot?
I'll have our little kids with us and I'm looking for the greatest ease of use with this. I don't want to have to do any transfering or shuttling to another location (unless it's a quick ride like 5-15 minutes). Some of the posts here at Fodors have implied that getting a car in the area is really a hassle. And at least 15 years ago for us it was quite simple.
We'll be arriving on a Saturday, too... if that complicates matters much. I think mostly it means I should pick a TGV that won't arrive from noon-2:30 for the lunch hour closing times.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 2 3 days to spend in europe
- 3 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 4 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 5 Beaches in Southern France
- 6 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 7 Italy in October
- 8 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 9 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 10 What Greek islands should I visit
- 11 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 12 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 13 Brixen/ Bressanone: ideas for a few days?
- 14 cell phone companys
- 15 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 16 italy itinerary
- 17 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 18 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 19 Local markets in Italy
- 20 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 21 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 22 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 23 Where in Paris?
- 24 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 25 4 days in London worth the jetlag?