It's been about 15 years since i've done this route, arriving into the St Pierre des Corps station on the TGV from Paris. I vaguely recall the car rental counter being right there in the station (we used Drawbridge to Europe so I don't know which agency counter we went to).
But... I've seen so many confusing poses here about the different car rental agencies and their various locations in and around Tours... and some are franchises and some are not... so I have to ask the following for those of you who know the options well.
1) Which agencies have a rental counter right at the TGV station?
2) If there are other agencies at other locations in Tours that might have larger selections, are they a quick (eg, less than 15 minute) shuttle ride to another lot?
I'll have our little kids with us and I'm looking for the greatest ease of use with this. I don't want to have to do any transfering or shuttling to another location (unless it's a quick ride like 5-15 minutes). Some of the posts here at Fodors have implied that getting a car in the area is really a hassle. And at least 15 years ago for us it was quite simple.
We'll be arriving on a Saturday, too... if that complicates matters much. I think mostly it means I should pick a TGV that won't arrive from noon-2:30 for the lunch hour closing times.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 2 Rome Private Tours
- 3 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 4 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 5 data sim card for france
- 6 Euro Quiz # 104 - Memorial Day...
- 7 Walking tour of Edinburgh
- 8 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 9 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 11 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 12 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 13 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 14 Advice on Portugal for August honeymoon please
- 15 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 16 5 top Scams in Paris
- 17 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 18 Barcelona in July
- 19 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 20 Train Dublin-Galway-tickets, classes
- 21 RHK's Spring Trip
- 22 Another Visit to London
- 23 Travel from Munich to Milan in July
- 24 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 25 How to ship souvenirs home from Lisbon