It's been about 15 years since i've done this route, arriving into the St Pierre des Corps station on the TGV from Paris. I vaguely recall the car rental counter being right there in the station (we used Drawbridge to Europe so I don't know which agency counter we went to).
But... I've seen so many confusing poses here about the different car rental agencies and their various locations in and around Tours... and some are franchises and some are not... so I have to ask the following for those of you who know the options well.
1) Which agencies have a rental counter right at the TGV station?
2) If there are other agencies at other locations in Tours that might have larger selections, are they a quick (eg, less than 15 minute) shuttle ride to another lot?
I'll have our little kids with us and I'm looking for the greatest ease of use with this. I don't want to have to do any transfering or shuttling to another location (unless it's a quick ride like 5-15 minutes). Some of the posts here at Fodors have implied that getting a car in the area is really a hassle. And at least 15 years ago for us it was quite simple.
We'll be arriving on a Saturday, too... if that complicates matters much. I think mostly it means I should pick a TGV that won't arrive from noon-2:30 for the lunch hour closing times.
Thanks for your help!
Car rental at St Pierre Des Corps (from TGV station)
- 1 Which travel plan?
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 4 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 7 Madrid to Sevilla
- 8 To Paris and Provence in June
- 9 London at Easter
- 10 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 11 Prague - must see
- 12 Travel by train or bus
- 13 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 14 Car in Prague
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 16 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 17 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 18 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 19 Family European winter holiday
- 20 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 21 Planning a holiday
- 22 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 23 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 24 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 25 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga