It's been about 15 years since i've done this route, arriving into the St Pierre des Corps station on the TGV from Paris. I vaguely recall the car rental counter being right there in the station (we used Drawbridge to Europe so I don't know which agency counter we went to).
But... I've seen so many confusing poses here about the different car rental agencies and their various locations in and around Tours... and some are franchises and some are not... so I have to ask the following for those of you who know the options well.
1) Which agencies have a rental counter right at the TGV station?
2) If there are other agencies at other locations in Tours that might have larger selections, are they a quick (eg, less than 15 minute) shuttle ride to another lot?
I'll have our little kids with us and I'm looking for the greatest ease of use with this. I don't want to have to do any transfering or shuttling to another location (unless it's a quick ride like 5-15 minutes). Some of the posts here at Fodors have implied that getting a car in the area is really a hassle. And at least 15 years ago for us it was quite simple.
We'll be arriving on a Saturday, too... if that complicates matters much. I think mostly it means I should pick a TGV that won't arrive from noon-2:30 for the lunch hour closing times.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 2 France for a month in 2017
- 3 Stonehenge After Hour tour
- 4 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 5 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 6 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 7 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 8 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 9 Day trip from Marbella to the Alhambra
- 10 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 11 Chinese visit to France
- 12 15 days trip to Europe
- 13 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 14 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 15 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 16 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 17 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 18 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 19 Day trips from Uzes
- 20 HELP! Anyone ever done the walk from TELLARO to LERICI in Liguria?
- 21 An introduction to Italy (Lerici, Barga, and Lucca)
- 22 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 23 Vuerling airlines
- 24 All of Spain or something else..?
- 25 Barcelona extension