It's been about 15 years since i've done this route, arriving into the St Pierre des Corps station on the TGV from Paris. I vaguely recall the car rental counter being right there in the station (we used Drawbridge to Europe so I don't know which agency counter we went to).
But... I've seen so many confusing poses here about the different car rental agencies and their various locations in and around Tours... and some are franchises and some are not... so I have to ask the following for those of you who know the options well.
1) Which agencies have a rental counter right at the TGV station?
2) If there are other agencies at other locations in Tours that might have larger selections, are they a quick (eg, less than 15 minute) shuttle ride to another lot?
I'll have our little kids with us and I'm looking for the greatest ease of use with this. I don't want to have to do any transfering or shuttling to another location (unless it's a quick ride like 5-15 minutes). Some of the posts here at Fodors have implied that getting a car in the area is really a hassle. And at least 15 years ago for us it was quite simple.
We'll be arriving on a Saturday, too... if that complicates matters much. I think mostly it means I should pick a TGV that won't arrive from noon-2:30 for the lunch hour closing times.
Thanks for your help!
Car rental at St Pierre Des Corps (from TGV station)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 2 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 5 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 6 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 7 Which european city?
- 8 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 9 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 10 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 11 VISA question
- 12 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 13 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 14 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 15 France,Spain,Italy
- 16 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 17 Schengen Visa Rules
- 18 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 19 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 20 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 21 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 22 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 23 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 24 Scotland November 2015
- 25 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway