It's been about 15 years since i've done this route, arriving into the St Pierre des Corps station on the TGV from Paris. I vaguely recall the car rental counter being right there in the station (we used Drawbridge to Europe so I don't know which agency counter we went to).
But... I've seen so many confusing poses here about the different car rental agencies and their various locations in and around Tours... and some are franchises and some are not... so I have to ask the following for those of you who know the options well.
1) Which agencies have a rental counter right at the TGV station?
2) If there are other agencies at other locations in Tours that might have larger selections, are they a quick (eg, less than 15 minute) shuttle ride to another lot?
I'll have our little kids with us and I'm looking for the greatest ease of use with this. I don't want to have to do any transfering or shuttling to another location (unless it's a quick ride like 5-15 minutes). Some of the posts here at Fodors have implied that getting a car in the area is really a hassle. And at least 15 years ago for us it was quite simple.
We'll be arriving on a Saturday, too... if that complicates matters much. I think mostly it means I should pick a TGV that won't arrive from noon-2:30 for the lunch hour closing times.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 2 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 3 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 4 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 5 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 7 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 8 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 9 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 10 Safety concerns?
- 11 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 12 Private transportation
- 13 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 14 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 15 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 16 Global Travel Warning...
- 17 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 18 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 19 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 20 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 21 Morning in paris
- 22 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 23 Advices about our itiniary
- 24 Balkans Itinerary
- 25 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise