It's been about 15 years since i've done this route, arriving into the St Pierre des Corps station on the TGV from Paris. I vaguely recall the car rental counter being right there in the station (we used Drawbridge to Europe so I don't know which agency counter we went to).
But... I've seen so many confusing poses here about the different car rental agencies and their various locations in and around Tours... and some are franchises and some are not... so I have to ask the following for those of you who know the options well.
1) Which agencies have a rental counter right at the TGV station?
2) If there are other agencies at other locations in Tours that might have larger selections, are they a quick (eg, less than 15 minute) shuttle ride to another lot?
I'll have our little kids with us and I'm looking for the greatest ease of use with this. I don't want to have to do any transfering or shuttling to another location (unless it's a quick ride like 5-15 minutes). Some of the posts here at Fodors have implied that getting a car in the area is really a hassle. And at least 15 years ago for us it was quite simple.
We'll be arriving on a Saturday, too... if that complicates matters much. I think mostly it means I should pick a TGV that won't arrive from noon-2:30 for the lunch hour closing times.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 2 20 days in Great Britain - Self Drive Itinerary Ideas
- 3 First time in France
- 4 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 5 Prague hotels
- 6 London - Apartment Rental companies
- 7 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 8 Munich
- 9 Puglia or La Langhe
- 10 What to expect over Christmas
- 11 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 12 English Countryside
- 13 Manchester Christmas Markets 2016
- 14 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 15 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 16 Are you looking Benefits Webdesign Hull?
- 17 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 18 Italy/Greece with kids
- 19 Rome
- 20 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 21 Need help in travel planning
- 22 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 23 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 24 Northern lights in December
- 25 Booking hotels before trains