It's been about 15 years since i've done this route, arriving into the St Pierre des Corps station on the TGV from Paris. I vaguely recall the car rental counter being right there in the station (we used Drawbridge to Europe so I don't know which agency counter we went to).
But... I've seen so many confusing poses here about the different car rental agencies and their various locations in and around Tours... and some are franchises and some are not... so I have to ask the following for those of you who know the options well.
1) Which agencies have a rental counter right at the TGV station?
2) If there are other agencies at other locations in Tours that might have larger selections, are they a quick (eg, less than 15 minute) shuttle ride to another lot?
I'll have our little kids with us and I'm looking for the greatest ease of use with this. I don't want to have to do any transfering or shuttling to another location (unless it's a quick ride like 5-15 minutes). Some of the posts here at Fodors have implied that getting a car in the area is really a hassle. And at least 15 years ago for us it was quite simple.
We'll be arriving on a Saturday, too... if that complicates matters much. I think mostly it means I should pick a TGV that won't arrive from noon-2:30 for the lunch hour closing times.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 2 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 3 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 4 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 5 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 6 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 7 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 8 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 9 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 10 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 11 Dinge B&B
- 12 Antwerp Tram
- 13 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 14 Day trip from Munich to Salzburg?
- 15 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 16 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 17 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 18 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 19 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 20 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 21 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 22 Alhambra
- 23 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 24 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 25 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag