I've booked flights for a weekend away early next month, leaving London very early on Sat morning and arriving back late on Sunday night. I chose Bratislava because the flight times were handy and give us almost the whole weekend away, but having looked through the forum, it seems that most people find it very underwhelming and there may not be enough to do to fill 2 whole days.
The other option is to go to straight to Vienna instead and stay there. I've never been to either city before. What's putting me off Vienna a bit is the idea that it may not be enough time to fully enjoy it and that we're on quite a budget (Bratislava is meant to be quite cheap) but we may not ever make it back to Vienna, as we're hoping to do a couple of big long-haul trips this year, so perhaps it'd be a great opportunity to go.
What would you do?
Bratislava or Vienna?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 2 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 3 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 4 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 5 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 6 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 7 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 8 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 9 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 10 9 days in turkey
- 11 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 12 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 13 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 Nice Video about Poland
- 16 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 17 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 18 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 19 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 20 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 21 Estonia Amber
- 22 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 23 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 24 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 25 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!