I've booked flights for a weekend away early next month, leaving London very early on Sat morning and arriving back late on Sunday night. I chose Bratislava because the flight times were handy and give us almost the whole weekend away, but having looked through the forum, it seems that most people find it very underwhelming and there may not be enough to do to fill 2 whole days.
The other option is to go to straight to Vienna instead and stay there. I've never been to either city before. What's putting me off Vienna a bit is the idea that it may not be enough time to fully enjoy it and that we're on quite a budget (Bratislava is meant to be quite cheap) but we may not ever make it back to Vienna, as we're hoping to do a couple of big long-haul trips this year, so perhaps it'd be a great opportunity to go.
What would you do?
Bratislava or Vienna?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 2 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 3 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 4 Azores
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 7 French open
- 8 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 9 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 10 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 11 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 12 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 13 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 14 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 15 England and Scotland
- 16 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 17 Air pollution in Paris
- 18 tulips in the Netherland
- 19 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 20 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 21 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 22 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 23 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 Azores