I've booked flights for a weekend away early next month, leaving London very early on Sat morning and arriving back late on Sunday night. I chose Bratislava because the flight times were handy and give us almost the whole weekend away, but having looked through the forum, it seems that most people find it very underwhelming and there may not be enough to do to fill 2 whole days.
The other option is to go to straight to Vienna instead and stay there. I've never been to either city before. What's putting me off Vienna a bit is the idea that it may not be enough time to fully enjoy it and that we're on quite a budget (Bratislava is meant to be quite cheap) but we may not ever make it back to Vienna, as we're hoping to do a couple of big long-haul trips this year, so perhaps it'd be a great opportunity to go.
What would you do?
Bratislava or Vienna?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 2 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 3 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 4 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 5 5 Observations About Paris
- 6 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 7 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 8 Switzerland help...?
- 9 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 10 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 11 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 12 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 13 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 14 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 15 Sicily in a winter
- 16 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 17 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 18 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 19 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 20 Guidebook for Iceland
- 21 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 22 Eastern Europe
- 23 Taormina Sicily
- 24 Scuol, Switzerland
- 25 All Set To Go!!