I've booked flights for a weekend away early next month, leaving London very early on Sat morning and arriving back late on Sunday night. I chose Bratislava because the flight times were handy and give us almost the whole weekend away, but having looked through the forum, it seems that most people find it very underwhelming and there may not be enough to do to fill 2 whole days.
The other option is to go to straight to Vienna instead and stay there. I've never been to either city before. What's putting me off Vienna a bit is the idea that it may not be enough time to fully enjoy it and that we're on quite a budget (Bratislava is meant to be quite cheap) but we may not ever make it back to Vienna, as we're hoping to do a couple of big long-haul trips this year, so perhaps it'd be a great opportunity to go.
What would you do?
Bratislava or Vienna?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel by train in Poland?
- 2 Central Europe for 8 days over NYE break
- 3 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 4 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 5 Trains
- 6 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 7 Planning a Trip to Iceland
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 10 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 11 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 12 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 13 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 14 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 15 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 16 Two European Cities in 8 days (Paris and one more)
- 17 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 18 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 19 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 20 Malaga to Madrid, then short stay before flight departure
- 21 UK with Kids
- 22 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 23 Florence/Venice/Tuscany driving vacation
- 24 DVD players in France
- 25 Freising or Erding?