I've booked flights for a weekend away early next month, leaving London very early on Sat morning and arriving back late on Sunday night. I chose Bratislava because the flight times were handy and give us almost the whole weekend away, but having looked through the forum, it seems that most people find it very underwhelming and there may not be enough to do to fill 2 whole days.
The other option is to go to straight to Vienna instead and stay there. I've never been to either city before. What's putting me off Vienna a bit is the idea that it may not be enough time to fully enjoy it and that we're on quite a budget (Bratislava is meant to be quite cheap) but we may not ever make it back to Vienna, as we're hoping to do a couple of big long-haul trips this year, so perhaps it'd be a great opportunity to go.
What would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 2 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 3 French lavender and cottages
- 4 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 5 Open mindedness on Fodors.
- 6 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 7 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 8 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 9 Barcelona completely overrated
- 10 Beaches in Southern France
- 11 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 12 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 13 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 14 Tuscany Villa rental family of 8/10
- 15 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 16 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 17 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 18 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 19 3 days to spend in europe
- 20 Local markets in Italy
- 21 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 22 cell phone companys
- 23 Affordable French language course in France?
- 24 Abruzzo region
- 25 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?