I've booked flights for a weekend away early next month, leaving London very early on Sat morning and arriving back late on Sunday night. I chose Bratislava because the flight times were handy and give us almost the whole weekend away, but having looked through the forum, it seems that most people find it very underwhelming and there may not be enough to do to fill 2 whole days.
The other option is to go to straight to Vienna instead and stay there. I've never been to either city before. What's putting me off Vienna a bit is the idea that it may not be enough time to fully enjoy it and that we're on quite a budget (Bratislava is meant to be quite cheap) but we may not ever make it back to Vienna, as we're hoping to do a couple of big long-haul trips this year, so perhaps it'd be a great opportunity to go.
What would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kech YAHOO @ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h SUPPORT CARE
- 2 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Trogir or Split
- 5 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 6 Help on ancient history route
- 7 Edinbrugh
- 8 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 9 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 10 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 11 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 14 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 15 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 16 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 17 Berlin to ?
- 18 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 19 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 20 Maximizing Norway time
- 21 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 22 Hotels in Turin
- 23 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 24 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 25 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago