I've booked flights for a weekend away early next month, leaving London very early on Sat morning and arriving back late on Sunday night. I chose Bratislava because the flight times were handy and give us almost the whole weekend away, but having looked through the forum, it seems that most people find it very underwhelming and there may not be enough to do to fill 2 whole days.
The other option is to go to straight to Vienna instead and stay there. I've never been to either city before. What's putting me off Vienna a bit is the idea that it may not be enough time to fully enjoy it and that we're on quite a budget (Bratislava is meant to be quite cheap) but we may not ever make it back to Vienna, as we're hoping to do a couple of big long-haul trips this year, so perhaps it'd be a great opportunity to go.
What would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast by Car
- 2 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 3 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 4 Avignon or St. remy
- 5 On my way to Puglia
- 6 The highlands
- 7 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 8 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 9 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
- 10 Camino Redux
- 11 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 12 Scotland with teens thoughts
- 13 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 14 Car rental/return near London
- 15 Belgium for the 1st time
- 16 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 17 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 18 Rungis market Paris
- 19 Swiss Flex pass and half fare pass
- 20 Paris GTG 9/29-10/5?
- 21 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 22 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 23 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 24 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 25 Early Flight Out of Stockholm on Disembarkation Day