I've booked flights for a weekend away early next month, leaving London very early on Sat morning and arriving back late on Sunday night. I chose Bratislava because the flight times were handy and give us almost the whole weekend away, but having looked through the forum, it seems that most people find it very underwhelming and there may not be enough to do to fill 2 whole days.
The other option is to go to straight to Vienna instead and stay there. I've never been to either city before. What's putting me off Vienna a bit is the idea that it may not be enough time to fully enjoy it and that we're on quite a budget (Bratislava is meant to be quite cheap) but we may not ever make it back to Vienna, as we're hoping to do a couple of big long-haul trips this year, so perhaps it'd be a great opportunity to go.
What would you do?
Bratislava or Vienna?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in October 2015
- 2 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 3 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 4 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 5 Italy and Croatia
- 6 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 7 Where to go in France mid July?
- 8 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 9 Help with England/Wales tour
- 10 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 11 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 12 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 13 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 14 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 15 trip to norway
- 16 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 17 My notes on Greece 101
- 18 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 19 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 20 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 21 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 22 Is Venice really dirty?
- 23 Cotswold Churches
- 24 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 25 Best beach town in Italy?