I've booked flights for a weekend away early next month, leaving London very early on Sat morning and arriving back late on Sunday night. I chose Bratislava because the flight times were handy and give us almost the whole weekend away, but having looked through the forum, it seems that most people find it very underwhelming and there may not be enough to do to fill 2 whole days.
The other option is to go to straight to Vienna instead and stay there. I've never been to either city before. What's putting me off Vienna a bit is the idea that it may not be enough time to fully enjoy it and that we're on quite a budget (Bratislava is meant to be quite cheap) but we may not ever make it back to Vienna, as we're hoping to do a couple of big long-haul trips this year, so perhaps it'd be a great opportunity to go.
What would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 4 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 5 Alps Drive
- 6 Praiano
- 7 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 10 Help please
- 11 Funny One Michelin * Mix-Up in France!
- 12 Andalucia itinerary help
- 13 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 16 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 17 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 18 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 19 Perugia
- 20 Family vacation to europe
- 21 Paris cooking classes
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 My Ring Road experience in Iceland