I love reading the Fodor's forums, for all the wonderful advice, but also for all the inside tips which make a trip so memorable.
I am traveling to Italy for the first time in March, and would love to have your advice on books to read before I go and during my trip. We will be visiting Rome, Florence, Venice and Pompeii. I really enjoy interestingly written non-fiction and historical fiction. I know I've seen Ross King recommended as an author about Italy, but I was wondering if there were any other books that you would recommend.
I am also combining this trip with a visit to Cairo, so if you have recommendations for that too, they would be appreciated.
I look forward to the responses. And hopefully this thread will bring someone the other suggestions together into one thread for future readers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 직장인신용대출♩≡▶【 E100.ZE。AM 】◀≡♩직장인신용대출
- 2 지존게임┏乐】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【乐┓지존게임
- 3 증권시세∽✆∽┤《 E100.ZE。AM 》∽✆∽증권시세
- 4 타이젬게임┏当】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【当┓타이젬게임
- 5 주식매매☿≡▶【 E100.ZE。AM 】◀≡☿주식매매
- 6 인터넷신용대출∽✄∽┤《 E100.ZE。AM 》∽✄∽인터넷신용대출
- 7 봉봉게임┏谷】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【谷┓봉봉게임
- 8 인터넷마종♀≡▶【 E100.ZE。AM 】◀≡♀인터넷마종
- 9 인터넷대출∽✡∽┤《 E100.ZE。AM 》∽✡∽인터넷대출
- 10 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 11 Ireland itinerary help please
- 12 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 13 Killarney
- 14 No Periods in British Written English!
- 15 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 18 Rome-Itinerary
- 19 Italy bus or train
- 20 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 21 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 22 Walking itinerary in England?
- 23 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 24 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 25 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
Books you would recommend, in preparation for visiting Italy.