As per my other thread, husband and I have booked a couple of hotels for our 18 day European vacation. Our bookings were done via REFUNDABLE/CANCELLABLE option which is slightly higher than the NON-refundable option.
My dilemma is - since we know we are going - as all our flights are booked already, Is it safe to just opt for the nonrefundable booking? Just to give you a clearer description, one hotel we booked had a nonrefundable price of around $120 a night, but the REFUNDABLE price is $150ish.. Difference is not a lot but it can add up.
Have there been any problems with nonrefundable booking, which we should anticipate?
Any advice? Thank you for reading my query
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 2 Another Question re Scotland
- 3 Place to stay
- 4 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 5 Charming areas to explore in London
- 6 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 7 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 8 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 9 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 10 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 11 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 12 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 15 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 16 2 weeks from southern italy
- 17 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 18 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 19 travel around Spain
- 20 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 21 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 22 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 23 credit and debit cards
- 24 Where to stay in Umbria
- 25 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
Booking.com - Would you opt for refundable or non-refundable reservations?