Travelling Europe in all of May and two weeks of June, 2017 from Australia, I have finalised my itinerary starting at Athens 2 nights, ferry to Santorini 4 nights, fly to Rome 5 nights, train and bus to Positano 4 nights, bus/train to Venice 3 nights, train to Luzerne 4 nights, train to Lauterbrunnen 3 nights, train to Paris, 5 nights, train to Munich 5 nights, train to Prague 4 nights then home. Looking at train schedules even though it's too early to book, i cant see problems with travelling between these places so is it ok to book hotels now, hotels can sell out well in advance particularly in some places, I have booked some with free cancellation but it is cheaper to book them in place with no free cancel or am I chancing it, should I wait to book trains first which it seems won't be for another 6 months or so. Any advice will be much appreciated...thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 2 Swiss Travel Pass
- 3 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 4 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 5 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 6 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 7 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 8 Athens
- 9 We're here!
- 10 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 11 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 12 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 13 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 14 Petrol in Greece
- 15 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 16 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 17 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 18 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 19 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 20 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 21 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 22 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 23 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 24 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 25 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?