Travelling Europe in all of May and two weeks of June, 2017 from Australia, I have finalised my itinerary starting at Athens 2 nights, ferry to Santorini 4 nights, fly to Rome 5 nights, train and bus to Positano 4 nights, bus/train to Venice 3 nights, train to Luzerne 4 nights, train to Lauterbrunnen 3 nights, train to Paris, 5 nights, train to Munich 5 nights, train to Prague 4 nights then home. Looking at train schedules even though it's too early to book, i cant see problems with travelling between these places so is it ok to book hotels now, hotels can sell out well in advance particularly in some places, I have booked some with free cancellation but it is cheaper to book them in place with no free cancel or am I chancing it, should I wait to book trains first which it seems won't be for another 6 months or so. Any advice will be much appreciated...thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 2 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 5 Short Trip in July
- 6 Things to do in Brussels
- 7 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 8 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 9 Greek Islands (small)
- 10 Campervan in Croatia
- 11 K-Day
- 12 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 13 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 14 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 15 UK Visa Help
- 16 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 Spain in December
- 19 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 20 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 21 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 22 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 23 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 24 Cell Phone Question
- 25 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich