Travelling Europe in all of May and two weeks of June, 2017 from Australia, I have finalised my itinerary starting at Athens 2 nights, ferry to Santorini 4 nights, fly to Rome 5 nights, train and bus to Positano 4 nights, bus/train to Venice 3 nights, train to Luzerne 4 nights, train to Lauterbrunnen 3 nights, train to Paris, 5 nights, train to Munich 5 nights, train to Prague 4 nights then home. Looking at train schedules even though it's too early to book, i cant see problems with travelling between these places so is it ok to book hotels now, hotels can sell out well in advance particularly in some places, I have booked some with free cancellation but it is cheaper to book them in place with no free cancel or am I chancing it, should I wait to book trains first which it seems won't be for another 6 months or so. Any advice will be much appreciated...thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 2 train or plane
- 3 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 4 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 Planning a European Trip
- 7 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 8 Norway Itinerary
- 9 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 10 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 11 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 12 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 13 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 14 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 15 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 16 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 17 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 18 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 19 A Month stay in Southern France
- 20 restaurants in Marais district
- 21 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 22 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 23 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 24 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 25 Shoes in Scotland