At the end of August Alitalia discontinued free calls to its call center in Italy. The only number available now is an expensive toll number. We recently received e-mail while in Italy instructing us to call the toll number because "your flight had been rescheduled and to make new reservations." No further details were given. Despite running up 5E in charges for about 3 minutes on hold, our hotel was unable toget through to the call center. (We had received two previous e-mails informing us of a 10 minute delay in departure, obviously not a big deal but the last cryptic e-mail was disturbing.) Since the Alitalia site displayed our flight, we gave up trying to make contact with the call center. The last "you must call the call center" e-mail appears to be just a money raising operation. Beware.
Beware of Alitalia call center charges
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid and London
- 2 3 weeks in Europe
- 3 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 4 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 5 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 6 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 7 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 8 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 9 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 10 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 11 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 12 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 13 Question for best Town to base for touring the Amalfi Coast
- 14 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 15 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 16 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 17 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 18 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 19 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 20 What to wear
- 21 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 22 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 23 Escorted Tours to Europe from UK to Dordogne Valley, France
- 24 Writers Needed for Austria Guidebook
- 25 Last minute Bordeaux restaurant suggestions - for 4/26-4/28