At the end of August Alitalia discontinued free calls to its call center in Italy. The only number available now is an expensive toll number. We recently received e-mail while in Italy instructing us to call the toll number because "your flight had been rescheduled and to make new reservations." No further details were given. Despite running up 5E in charges for about 3 minutes on hold, our hotel was unable toget through to the call center. (We had received two previous e-mails informing us of a 10 minute delay in departure, obviously not a big deal but the last cryptic e-mail was disturbing.) Since the Alitalia site displayed our flight, we gave up trying to make contact with the call center. The last "you must call the call center" e-mail appears to be just a money raising operation. Beware.
Beware of Alitalia call center charges
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 Car in Prague
- 3 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 4 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 5 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 6 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 7 Place to propose
- 8 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 9 Spain - Andalucia
- 10 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 11 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 12 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 13 Prague - must see
- 14 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 15 Three for the road
- 16 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 17 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 18 Public transport from Ostuni
- 19 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 20 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 21 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 22 Internet in Vienna, Budapest, Krakow and Prague
- 23 is train travel okay between prague to vienna
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice