We'd really like to travel from Oslo to Bergen on the beautiful railway and take a cruise in the fjords nearby Bergen, but after checking on Norway in a Nutshell's site (and independently looking up rail/ferry/bus prices), it's incredibly out of our price range
What's the best way to experience the beauty of the fjords, if you can't afford / don't have the time to make it up to Bergen? Unfortunately, we only have 2 and a half days in Oslo. I understand that city is on a fjord, but I'm having difficulties finding any information other than traveling to the islands just off of Oslo (which don't appear to be very striking). Is there maybe a shorter train ride we could take, or a ferry that would be particularly beautiful?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 2 Zadar or Sibenik
- 3 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 4 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Train travel to and from Paris
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 9 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 10 Driving in Italy
- 11 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 12 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 13 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 14 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 15 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 16 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 17 Use of Train Tickets
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 20 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 21 First Trip to Paris
- 22 Andalucia Spain
- 23 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 24 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 25 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise