We'd really like to travel from Oslo to Bergen on the beautiful railway and take a cruise in the fjords nearby Bergen, but after checking on Norway in a Nutshell's site (and independently looking up rail/ferry/bus prices), it's incredibly out of our price range
What's the best way to experience the beauty of the fjords, if you can't afford / don't have the time to make it up to Bergen? Unfortunately, we only have 2 and a half days in Oslo. I understand that city is on a fjord, but I'm having difficulties finding any information other than traveling to the islands just off of Oslo (which don't appear to be very striking). Is there maybe a shorter train ride we could take, or a ferry that would be particularly beautiful?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 4 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 5 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 6 Rome or Venice first
- 7 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 8 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 celticmoon, a quick question
- 11 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 15 B&B in Ireland
- 16 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 17 Europe First Timers
- 18 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 21 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 22 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 23 Greek Village
- 24 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece