We'd really like to travel from Oslo to Bergen on the beautiful railway and take a cruise in the fjords nearby Bergen, but after checking on Norway in a Nutshell's site (and independently looking up rail/ferry/bus prices), it's incredibly out of our price range
What's the best way to experience the beauty of the fjords, if you can't afford / don't have the time to make it up to Bergen? Unfortunately, we only have 2 and a half days in Oslo. I understand that city is on a fjord, but I'm having difficulties finding any information other than traveling to the islands just off of Oslo (which don't appear to be very striking). Is there maybe a shorter train ride we could take, or a ferry that would be particularly beautiful?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 2 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 3 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 4 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 5 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 6 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 7 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 8 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 9 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 10 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 13 38 Days in Paris
- 14 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 15 Naxos car rental
- 16 Greek Islands (small)
- 17 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 18 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 19 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 20 Things to do in Brussels
- 21 Short Trip in July
- 22 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 23 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 24 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 25 Recommendations for Wiesbaden