My family including teenagers (14/16) will in Paciano June 22-29. We will do a day tour in Florence on June 22nd on our way from Venice to Paciano.
I am looking for some advice on a good itinerary for our week that will include exploring towns, experiences and relaxing. There are so many great sounding towns I can't decide, but more importantly I don't know what makes sense in terms of logistics of driving and time needed in various towns. I don't want to create a strict itinerary we have to follow each day, but more have a loose idea of what works best for this age group and realistically what can be done in a day. We will have a car.
My thoughts so far:
- Day trip to Siena (and maybe surrounding area) - thinking about doing this as a private tour to give us a guide for Siena and some unique experiences in surrounding area such as a farm lunch, etc. (possibly include Monteriggioni this day)
- Pienza , Montepulciano, Montalcino - Abby of Sant Antimo
- Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio
- Perugia, Gubbio and Assisi - too much for one day?
- Spello, Spoleto, Montefalco, Bevegna (thermal baths/natural pools?)
- Activites - cooking class at our agriturismo, bike or horseback ride for a couple of hours, hitting local market days for one or more towns, a festival if possible, unique lunch or dinner options -farm houses, dinner at a monastery?
I realize we cannot do all of these towns/activities. I would love some advice on:
- Best towns to visit with teenagers to give different experiences/perspectives
- Unique dining opportunities - besides typical restaurants
- Unique activities besides biking or horseback riding?
- How best to organize the outings - not sure if I have them correct above.
Thank you for your thoughts. Sorry for the long post.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GMAIL @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech c*Are
- 2 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 3 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 6 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 7 Paris hotel
- 8 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 12 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 13 Stuck in Paris
- 14 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 15 Berlin to ?
- 16 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 17 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 18 Renting a car in Greece
- 19 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 20 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 21 Spain - day driver advice
- 22 Greece
- 23 Ex-pats with young kids
- 24 Iceland france spain
- 25 Ludwig Castles