My family including teenagers (14/16) will in Paciano June 22-29. We will do a day tour in Florence on June 22nd on our way from Venice to Paciano.
I am looking for some advice on a good itinerary for our week that will include exploring towns, experiences and relaxing. There are so many great sounding towns I can't decide, but more importantly I don't know what makes sense in terms of logistics of driving and time needed in various towns. I don't want to create a strict itinerary we have to follow each day, but more have a loose idea of what works best for this age group and realistically what can be done in a day. We will have a car.
My thoughts so far:
- Day trip to Siena (and maybe surrounding area) - thinking about doing this as a private tour to give us a guide for Siena and some unique experiences in surrounding area such as a farm lunch, etc. (possibly include Monteriggioni this day)
- Pienza , Montepulciano, Montalcino - Abby of Sant Antimo
- Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio
- Perugia, Gubbio and Assisi - too much for one day?
- Spello, Spoleto, Montefalco, Bevegna (thermal baths/natural pools?)
- Activites - cooking class at our agriturismo, bike or horseback ride for a couple of hours, hitting local market days for one or more towns, a festival if possible, unique lunch or dinner options -farm houses, dinner at a monastery?
I realize we cannot do all of these towns/activities. I would love some advice on:
- Best towns to visit with teenagers to give different experiences/perspectives
- Unique dining opportunities - besides typical restaurants
- Unique activities besides biking or horseback riding?
- How best to organize the outings - not sure if I have them correct above.
Thank you for your thoughts. Sorry for the long post.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 2 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 6 Juangfrau / mt
- 7 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 8 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Switzerland
- 11 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 12 Questions about Polish sights
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 15 If you had to choose one......
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 Italy
- 19 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 20 Revised itinerary for italy
- 21 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 Biarritz family holiday
- 24 Lisbon hotel
- 25 Trip route from Paris to Venice