My family including teenagers (14/16) will in Paciano June 22-29. We will do a day tour in Florence on June 22nd on our way from Venice to Paciano.
I am looking for some advice on a good itinerary for our week that will include exploring towns, experiences and relaxing. There are so many great sounding towns I can't decide, but more importantly I don't know what makes sense in terms of logistics of driving and time needed in various towns. I don't want to create a strict itinerary we have to follow each day, but more have a loose idea of what works best for this age group and realistically what can be done in a day. We will have a car.
My thoughts so far:
- Day trip to Siena (and maybe surrounding area) - thinking about doing this as a private tour to give us a guide for Siena and some unique experiences in surrounding area such as a farm lunch, etc. (possibly include Monteriggioni this day)
- Pienza , Montepulciano, Montalcino - Abby of Sant Antimo
- Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio
- Perugia, Gubbio and Assisi - too much for one day?
- Spello, Spoleto, Montefalco, Bevegna (thermal baths/natural pools?)
- Activites - cooking class at our agriturismo, bike or horseback ride for a couple of hours, hitting local market days for one or more towns, a festival if possible, unique lunch or dinner options -farm houses, dinner at a monastery?
I realize we cannot do all of these towns/activities. I would love some advice on:
- Best towns to visit with teenagers to give different experiences/perspectives
- Unique dining opportunities - besides typical restaurants
- Unique activities besides biking or horseback riding?
- How best to organize the outings - not sure if I have them correct above.
Thank you for your thoughts. Sorry for the long post.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Azores
- 2 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Short Trip in July
- 9 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 10 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 11 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 12 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 13 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 14 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 15 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 16 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 Sim Card Options
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 38 Days in Paris
- 22 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 23 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Day trip ideas