My family including teenagers (14/16) will in Paciano June 22-29. We will do a day tour in Florence on June 22nd on our way from Venice to Paciano.
I am looking for some advice on a good itinerary for our week that will include exploring towns, experiences and relaxing. There are so many great sounding towns I can't decide, but more importantly I don't know what makes sense in terms of logistics of driving and time needed in various towns. I don't want to create a strict itinerary we have to follow each day, but more have a loose idea of what works best for this age group and realistically what can be done in a day. We will have a car.
My thoughts so far:
- Day trip to Siena (and maybe surrounding area) - thinking about doing this as a private tour to give us a guide for Siena and some unique experiences in surrounding area such as a farm lunch, etc. (possibly include Monteriggioni this day)
- Pienza , Montepulciano, Montalcino - Abby of Sant Antimo
- Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio
- Perugia, Gubbio and Assisi - too much for one day?
- Spello, Spoleto, Montefalco, Bevegna (thermal baths/natural pools?)
- Activites - cooking class at our agriturismo, bike or horseback ride for a couple of hours, hitting local market days for one or more towns, a festival if possible, unique lunch or dinner options -farm houses, dinner at a monastery?
I realize we cannot do all of these towns/activities. I would love some advice on:
- Best towns to visit with teenagers to give different experiences/perspectives
- Unique dining opportunities - besides typical restaurants
- Unique activities besides biking or horseback riding?
- How best to organize the outings - not sure if I have them correct above.
Thank you for your thoughts. Sorry for the long post.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 2 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 7 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 8 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 9 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 11 Zurich to Milan trip
- 12 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 13 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 14 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 17 San Sebastián
- 18 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 21 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 22 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 23 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 24 Planning A trip
- 25 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue