We are planning to do a day trip from our villa near Florence to visit Lucca and Pisa for the day in July. We are 2 adults and 2 school-age children.
I know that we can PRE-purchase tickets to climb the tower (for ages 8 and up).
What is the best time to book our tickets?
We also plan to combine this activity with a visit to Lucca (renting bikes and touring the walls).
I know there are other sites to probably see in Pisa but we are really going to fulfill DD's dream to see "the leaning tower of pizza"!
Any tips greatly appreciated.
Best time of day to visit Tower of Pisa?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 2 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 3 Lucerne Switzerland
- 4 2 weeks in Spain
- 5 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 6 4 Months in Europe
- 7 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 8 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 9 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 10 at what point should one get health insurance
- 11 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 12 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 13 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 14 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 15 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 16 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 17 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 18 Wines charted by flavor
- 19 Our completely revamped, circular tour of Andalucia--more help, please!
- 20 Taxi / tour guides from Granada airport
- 21 Recommendations for city break with baby
- 22 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 23 Spain in November
- 24 Paris: Picasso Museum reopens, Finally
- 25 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss