We are planning to do a day trip from our villa near Florence to visit Lucca and Pisa for the day in July. We are 2 adults and 2 school-age children.
I know that we can PRE-purchase tickets to climb the tower (for ages 8 and up).
What is the best time to book our tickets?
We also plan to combine this activity with a visit to Lucca (renting bikes and touring the walls).
I know there are other sites to probably see in Pisa but we are really going to fulfill DD's dream to see "the leaning tower of pizza"!
Any tips greatly appreciated.
Best time of day to visit Tower of Pisa?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 3 London - Site List Triage -
- 4 Barcelona & Mallorca: Bon Dia
- 5 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 6 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 7 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 8 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 9 London and Where Else in late December?
- 10 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 11 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 12 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 13 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 14 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 15 Driving from Delphi to Nafplion
- 16 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 17 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 18 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 19 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 20 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 21 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 22 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 23 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 24 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 25 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo