We are planning to do a day trip from our villa near Florence to visit Lucca and Pisa for the day in July. We are 2 adults and 2 school-age children.
I know that we can PRE-purchase tickets to climb the tower (for ages 8 and up).
What is the best time to book our tickets?
We also plan to combine this activity with a visit to Lucca (renting bikes and touring the walls).
I know there are other sites to probably see in Pisa but we are really going to fulfill DD's dream to see "the leaning tower of pizza"!
Any tips greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My 60th birthday surprises
- 2 Beaune looking for accommodation suggestions
- 3 20 Days in Europe
- 4 4 days in switzerland
- 5 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 6 Bean need accommodation suggestions
- 7 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 8 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 9 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 10 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 11 European Cooking Secrets
- 12 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 13 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 14 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 15 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 16 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 17 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 18 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 19 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 20 Help with first time trip with family
- 21 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 22 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 23 Verona or Athens?
- 24 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 25 Spain car rental questions