I am going to be in Rome for a limited time and want to see the Vatican Museums and Sistene Chapel. I've heard mixed things about what time of day is best for lines (8am vs. 1pm) and have received recommendations to do a tour just to skip the line. Is it worth it to do a tour to skip a line but then get stuck with a group of people rather than move at your own pace? What time of day would you recommend to go?? Thank you!
Best time of day to see Vatican
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens jeweler recommendations?
- 2 One Month
- 3 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 4 London: Where to watch Ryder Cup Sat/Sun afternoons?
- 5 OMG! Just realized I'll be in London the same time as Raider Nation
- 6 Air France strike
- 7 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 8 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 9 19 countries in a day
- 10 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 11 Ideas for the Canary Islands
- 12 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 13 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 14 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 15 Car travel within Regensburg during the Christmas season
- 16 Doges Palace; online tickets?
- 17 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 18 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 19 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 20 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 21 Photographer in Paris?
- 22 See Batalha and Alcobaça while driving from Lisbon to Coimbra
- 23 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 24 Finistère Base
- 25 24-Hour Layover in Hamburg