I am going to be in Rome for a limited time and want to see the Vatican Museums and Sistene Chapel. I've heard mixed things about what time of day is best for lines (8am vs. 1pm) and have received recommendations to do a tour just to skip the line. Is it worth it to do a tour to skip a line but then get stuck with a group of people rather than move at your own pace? What time of day would you recommend to go?? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can I buy a Kilt in Ireland?
- 2 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 3 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 4 Help Choosing Castle Hotel in England
- 5 Germany train/bus question
- 6 Which bus from Bratislava train station
- 7 5 day stay - ideas of best place to visit in December
- 8 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 9 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 10 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 11 Spain / Barcelona, Seville & Toledo - May 2017
- 12 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 13 Planning for 10 Days in Paris (+ side trip?)
- 14 La Scala Opera Tickets
- 15 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 16 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 17 Belgium for the 1st time
- 18 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 19 Europe Itinerary
- 20 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 21 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 22 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 23 Summer 2017 with Teens and Family
- 24 written guide for Olympia
- 25 Puigcerdes to Carcassone?