I'm looking for personal recommendations of the best places to eat, things to do, and places to see in Venice, Florence (and surrounding area), and Rome.
I've finally booked all the travel accommodations and I'm ready to start planning some of the details, or at least make a list of options of things to do. We will be traveling in September/October for our honeymoon.
I would love recommendations for restaurants, markets, and things to do. Of course I know about the most famous museums, churches, etc. Really I'm open to any recommendations of must do/see places.
We will be spending 5 nights in each place. Staying in apartments in Venice and Florence and at the St. Regis in Rome.
I'd love for us to do a cooking class, and possibly hire a private guide during our time in Florence to explore outside of Florence a bit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 2 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 3 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 4 Milos beach stay
- 5 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 6 SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND
- 7 Driving in Wales
- 8 Best train from Amsterdam to Paris via Germany
- 9 Christmas Markets 2017
- 10 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 11 Traveling in Belgium
- 12 SURPRISE TRIP
- 13 Need advice. To Drive or not in Poland
- 14 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 15 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 16 One day around Lake Brienz
- 17 Bayeux Restaurants
- 18 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 19 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 20 Best Viking Sites
- 21 Language to use in Belgium
- 22 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 23 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 24 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 25 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?