I'm looking for personal recommendations of the best places to eat, things to do, and places to see in Venice, Florence (and surrounding area), and Rome.
I've finally booked all the travel accommodations and I'm ready to start planning some of the details, or at least make a list of options of things to do. We will be traveling in September/October for our honeymoon.
I would love recommendations for restaurants, markets, and things to do. Of course I know about the most famous museums, churches, etc. Really I'm open to any recommendations of must do/see places.
We will be spending 5 nights in each place. Staying in apartments in Venice and Florence and at the St. Regis in Rome.
I'd love for us to do a cooking class, and possibly hire a private guide during our time in Florence to explore outside of Florence a bit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Itinerary Advice
- 2 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 3 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 4 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 5 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 6 Cordoba Overnight?
- 7 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 8 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 9 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 12 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 13 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 14 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 15 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 16 Itinerary help for 2 weeks vacation
- 17 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 18 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 19 Uffizi Phone Number
- 20 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 21 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 22 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 23 Piedmont as a destination
- 24 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 25 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels