I'm looking for personal recommendations of the best places to eat, things to do, and places to see in Venice, Florence (and surrounding area), and Rome.
I've finally booked all the travel accommodations and I'm ready to start planning some of the details, or at least make a list of options of things to do. We will be traveling in September/October for our honeymoon.
I would love recommendations for restaurants, markets, and things to do. Of course I know about the most famous museums, churches, etc. Really I'm open to any recommendations of must do/see places.
We will be spending 5 nights in each place. Staying in apartments in Venice and Florence and at the St. Regis in Rome.
I'd love for us to do a cooking class, and possibly hire a private guide during our time in Florence to explore outside of Florence a bit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 2 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 5 Borghese Gallery Question
- 6 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 7 Sim Card
- 8 Transport for local Venice travel
- 9 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 10 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 11 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 12 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 15 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 16 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 17 Towns around Lucca
- 18 Cork questions
- 19 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 20 Italy Vacation
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 23 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 24 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 25 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa