My boyfriend and I are in the final planning stages of a 3-week trip to Scotland, Ireland and England that will happen in July/August this year. We will be in Blackpool for a 4-day music festival in August and will have 2 days after that which we have not yet planned out.
We have scoured various websites for what to do near Blackpool, but are still unsure. London looks far. Can anyone recommend the best areas to see? Is London too far? We will not have a car. We are not opposed to leaving Blackpool and staying elsewhere, however we will be flying out of Manchester for home so we will need to be able to get back there without too much effort.
Thanks in advance!
Best places to visit near Blackpool, England?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ATM nonsense: be prepared
- 2 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 3 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 4 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 5 Rail tickets
- 6 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 7 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 8 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 9 bath or york
- 10 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 11 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 12 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 13 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 14 Hotel in Venice
- 15 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 16 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 17 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 18 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 19 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 20 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 21 Paris to Rome
- 22 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 23 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 24 London tube
- 25 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice