My boyfriend and I are in the final planning stages of a 3-week trip to Scotland, Ireland and England that will happen in July/August this year. We will be in Blackpool for a 4-day music festival in August and will have 2 days after that which we have not yet planned out.
We have scoured various websites for what to do near Blackpool, but are still unsure. London looks far. Can anyone recommend the best areas to see? Is London too far? We will not have a car. We are not opposed to leaving Blackpool and staying elsewhere, however we will be flying out of Manchester for home so we will need to be able to get back there without too much effort.
Thanks in advance!
Best places to visit near Blackpool, England?
- 1 15 days in Europe,
- 2 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 3 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 4 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 5 Advises for trip to Russia
- 6 Europe with young teens
- 7 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 8 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 9 Planning a holiday
- 10 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 Gogartys, Dublin
- 13 Prague - must see
- 14 Sicily 10 days
- 15 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 16 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 17 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 18 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 19 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 20 Portugal in September
- 21 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 22 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 23 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 24 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia