My boyfriend and I are in the final planning stages of a 3-week trip to Scotland, Ireland and England that will happen in July/August this year. We will be in Blackpool for a 4-day music festival in August and will have 2 days after that which we have not yet planned out.
We have scoured various websites for what to do near Blackpool, but are still unsure. London looks far. Can anyone recommend the best areas to see? Is London too far? We will not have a car. We are not opposed to leaving Blackpool and staying elsewhere, however we will be flying out of Manchester for home so we will need to be able to get back there without too much effort.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 2 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 3 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 4 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 5 8 days in Vienna in December
- 6 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 7 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 8 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 9 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 10 Car rental leaving Rome
- 11 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 12 Christmas Market and Parking
- 13 Paris Under Seige...
- 14 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 15 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 16 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 17 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 18 Advices about our itiniary
- 19 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 20 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 21 Lisbon Portugal to Madrid Spain in January
- 22 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 23 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 24 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 25 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe