My boyfriend and I are in the final planning stages of a 3-week trip to Scotland, Ireland and England that will happen in July/August this year. We will be in Blackpool for a 4-day music festival in August and will have 2 days after that which we have not yet planned out.
We have scoured various websites for what to do near Blackpool, but are still unsure. London looks far. Can anyone recommend the best areas to see? Is London too far? We will not have a car. We are not opposed to leaving Blackpool and staying elsewhere, however we will be flying out of Manchester for home so we will need to be able to get back there without too much effort.
Thanks in advance!
Best places to visit near Blackpool, England?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 2 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 3 Honeymoon 2015
- 4 Automatic car rental in Italy: Dollar or Thrifty?
- 5 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 6 CDG to Lannion
- 7 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 8 Hiking in the Pyrenees - day trip from Barcelona, no car
- 9 walking guide in Paris
- 10 Blog updates from Europe.
- 11 Looking for add on city
- 12 Trip to Pyrenees
- 13 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 14 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 15 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 16 Need Accommodation in Versailles
- 17 Car rental Questions for Italy
- 18 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 19 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 20 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 21 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 22 MXP Best Western to "The Last Supper"
- 23 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 24 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)
- 25 Wedding In Positano Italy Sept 2014- NEED YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS