My boyfriend and I are in the final planning stages of a 3-week trip to Scotland, Ireland and England that will happen in July/August this year. We will be in Blackpool for a 4-day music festival in August and will have 2 days after that which we have not yet planned out.
We have scoured various websites for what to do near Blackpool, but are still unsure. London looks far. Can anyone recommend the best areas to see? Is London too far? We will not have a car. We are not opposed to leaving Blackpool and staying elsewhere, however we will be flying out of Manchester for home so we will need to be able to get back there without too much effort.
Thanks in advance!
Best places to visit near Blackpool, England?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget family trip to Europe
- 2 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 3 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 4 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 5 Pyrenees logistics
- 6 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 7 Italy
- 8 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 9 Azores
- 10 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 11 How highly would you prioritize Portugal?
- 12 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 13 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 14 Driving in Italy
- 15 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 16 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 17 Taormina to Palermo
- 18 Spain - car rental, bus or train?
- 19 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 20 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 21 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 22 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 23 caroline_venezia
- 24 Taormina Sicily
- 25 Alternate base to Frankfurt