My boyfriend and I are in the final planning stages of a 3-week trip to Scotland, Ireland and England that will happen in July/August this year. We will be in Blackpool for a 4-day music festival in August and will have 2 days after that which we have not yet planned out.
We have scoured various websites for what to do near Blackpool, but are still unsure. London looks far. Can anyone recommend the best areas to see? Is London too far? We will not have a car. We are not opposed to leaving Blackpool and staying elsewhere, however we will be flying out of Manchester for home so we will need to be able to get back there without too much effort.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 2 Cinqueterre
- 3 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 4 Germany deregistration
- 5 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 6 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 7 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 8 One day in Lille, France
- 9 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 10 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 11 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 12 Corsica
- 13 CDG to Marais transfer
- 14 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 15 London best location
- 16 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 17 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 18 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 19 Transportation Question Italy
- 20 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 London Restaurants
- 23 Train tickets in Italy?
- 24 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 25 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !