My boyfriend and I are in the final planning stages of a 3-week trip to Scotland, Ireland and England that will happen in July/August this year. We will be in Blackpool for a 4-day music festival in August and will have 2 days after that which we have not yet planned out.
We have scoured various websites for what to do near Blackpool, but are still unsure. London looks far. Can anyone recommend the best areas to see? Is London too far? We will not have a car. We are not opposed to leaving Blackpool and staying elsewhere, however we will be flying out of Manchester for home so we will need to be able to get back there without too much effort.
Thanks in advance!
Best places to visit near Blackpool, England?
- 1 Four Days in Seville
- 2 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 3 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 4 Palace of Versailles guided tours
- 5 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 6 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 7 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 8 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 9 Planning my days in Paris
- 10 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 11 I'd like to visit Sicily
- 12 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 13 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 14 Retirement Vacation
- 15 UK flexipass best option?
- 16 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 17 If your passport is stuck in Charleston
- 18 Tour-Free Travel
- 19 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 20 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 21 London Evening Activity
- 22 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 23 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 24 Car Rental recommendations (Heathrow and Gatwick) ?
- 25 Austria - Salzburg to Vienna (Train and Boat)