My boyfriend and I are in the final planning stages of a 3-week trip to Scotland, Ireland and England that will happen in July/August this year. We will be in Blackpool for a 4-day music festival in August and will have 2 days after that which we have not yet planned out.
We have scoured various websites for what to do near Blackpool, but are still unsure. London looks far. Can anyone recommend the best areas to see? Is London too far? We will not have a car. We are not opposed to leaving Blackpool and staying elsewhere, however we will be flying out of Manchester for home so we will need to be able to get back there without too much effort.
Thanks in advance!
Best places to visit near Blackpool, England?
- 1 Foggia Day Trip
- 2 10 days in Poland 7/1-12/13
- 3 15 days in Central Europe
- 4 Suggestions for France Italy
- 5 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 6 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 7 Car hire across borders
- 8 Bank of England Museum
- 9 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 10 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 11 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 12 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 13 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!
- 14 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 15 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 16 Which tour company would be best?
- 17 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 18 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 19 Musée Marmottan - anything there?
- 20 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 21 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 22 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 23 Scenic train Milan - Paris
- 24 London at Xmas
- 25 Sardinia in July