My boyfriend and I are in the final planning stages of a 3-week trip to Scotland, Ireland and England that will happen in July/August this year. We will be in Blackpool for a 4-day music festival in August and will have 2 days after that which we have not yet planned out.
We have scoured various websites for what to do near Blackpool, but are still unsure. London looks far. Can anyone recommend the best areas to see? Is London too far? We will not have a car. We are not opposed to leaving Blackpool and staying elsewhere, however we will be flying out of Manchester for home so we will need to be able to get back there without too much effort.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 2 Berlin or Budapest?
- 3 2 nights in Cinque Terre
- 4 1st Time in Europe
- 5 Trips to include in Paris/Amsterdam visit
- 6 Spending money
- 7 Destination wedding venue suggestions Tuscany or No Italy
- 8 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 9 One Week France, Mid Oct, after Paris
- 10 Naples & Amalfi Coast
- 11 Itinerary recommendation (Germany, Hungary, Austria and Switzerland)
- 12 September in Switzerland
- 13 Palace of the Popes
- 14 Traveling alone to France, Netherlands and Germany!
- 15 Italy-Switz family of 6: June 2015
- 16 buying Eruos in advance
- 17 Shopping in Paris
- 18 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 19 Spain and Beyond - Part Three
- 20 Who has used their iPad and sim card?
- 21 October too late for the Italian lakes?
- 22 2 week Scandinavia Trip
- 23 Greece to Italy by Ferry, Pros and Cons
- 24 Why should I go to Norway in Oct?
- 25 Provence planning