My boyfriend and I are in the final planning stages of a 3-week trip to Scotland, Ireland and England that will happen in July/August this year. We will be in Blackpool for a 4-day music festival in August and will have 2 days after that which we have not yet planned out.
We have scoured various websites for what to do near Blackpool, but are still unsure. London looks far. Can anyone recommend the best areas to see? Is London too far? We will not have a car. We are not opposed to leaving Blackpool and staying elsewhere, however we will be flying out of Manchester for home so we will need to be able to get back there without too much effort.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 2 Italy for Christmas Week
- 3 Two for One Days OUt
- 4 restaurants in Marais district
- 5 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 6 Shoes in Scotland
- 7 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 8 A Month stay in Southern France
- 9 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 10 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 11 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 12 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 13 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 14 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 15 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 16 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 17 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 18 Easiest London Airport for Transfer To/From Heathrow
- 19 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 20 France & Italy, May or June
- 21 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 22 Engadine Valley help
- 23 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 24 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 25 Honeymoon in Greece