My boyfriend and I are in the final planning stages of a 3-week trip to Scotland, Ireland and England that will happen in July/August this year. We will be in Blackpool for a 4-day music festival in August and will have 2 days after that which we have not yet planned out.
We have scoured various websites for what to do near Blackpool, but are still unsure. London looks far. Can anyone recommend the best areas to see? Is London too far? We will not have a car. We are not opposed to leaving Blackpool and staying elsewhere, however we will be flying out of Manchester for home so we will need to be able to get back there without too much effort.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 Safety in Rome
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 6 Chur or St Moritz?
- 7 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 8 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 10 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 11 Europe First Timers
- 12 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 13 Athens Help
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 17 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 18 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 19 Apartment Montreux area
- 20 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 21 Crete Holiday
- 22 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 23 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 24 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 25 Greek Village