My boyfriend and I are in the final planning stages of a 3-week trip to Scotland, Ireland and England that will happen in July/August this year. We will be in Blackpool for a 4-day music festival in August and will have 2 days after that which we have not yet planned out.
We have scoured various websites for what to do near Blackpool, but are still unsure. London looks far. Can anyone recommend the best areas to see? Is London too far? We will not have a car. We are not opposed to leaving Blackpool and staying elsewhere, however we will be flying out of Manchester for home so we will need to be able to get back there without too much effort.
Thanks in advance!
Best places to visit near Blackpool, England?
- 1 Dining in Rapallo and Camogli
- 2 Parking in Florence, Italy
- 3 Barcelona day trips
- 4 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 5 Montepulciano faves
- 6 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 7 6.5 hour layover in Lisbon, Portugal
- 8 Three nights in London, two nights somewhere else, help?
- 9 Cuenca or Toledo
- 10 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 11 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 12 Cinque Terre or More Tuscan Villages?
- 13 Paris trip report
- 14 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 15 Reporting from Paris May 12-25
- 16 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 17 Trains in Italy
- 18 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 19 Scotland. Cawdor Castle , Inverness
- 20 I Need To Vent!
- 21 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 22 Planning a honeymoon in Spain - most romantic areas??
- 23 1st time in Europe - Please critique our itinerary
- 24 Where can we go from Genoa for three days
- 25 June Garden Event at Hever Castle.