My boyfriend and I are in the final planning stages of a 3-week trip to Scotland, Ireland and England that will happen in July/August this year. We will be in Blackpool for a 4-day music festival in August and will have 2 days after that which we have not yet planned out.
We have scoured various websites for what to do near Blackpool, but are still unsure. London looks far. Can anyone recommend the best areas to see? Is London too far? We will not have a car. We are not opposed to leaving Blackpool and staying elsewhere, however we will be flying out of Manchester for home so we will need to be able to get back there without too much effort.
Thanks in advance!
Best places to visit near Blackpool, England?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week European Itinerary
- 2 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 3 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 4 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 5 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 6 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 7 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 8 London visit
- 9 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 10 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 11 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 12 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 13 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 14 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 15 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 16 No points in Paris .....
- 17 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 18 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 19 Pompeii train to Naples
- 20 Small group for Colosseum
- 21 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 22 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 23 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 24 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 25 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma