We are a family of 3 who are planning to go to Austria next summer for the first time. I have spent some time reading about the areas we want to visit and I have a couple questions that I hope some of you could help answer. We plan to base ourselves in Bad Ischl for 3 or 4 days and tour the surrounding areas such as Hallstatt & St Wolfgang etc (we don't plan to drive).
1) We will likely get to Bad Ischl from Salzburg by bus before noon. We plan to drop off the luggage first, grab a quick bite then start touring the area. I believe Bad Ischl is not that big of a town but would it be reasonable to say we will have enough to do for half the day in Bad Ischl?
2) Second day we plan to take a day trip to Hallstatt. Third day we want to go to St Wolfgang. How much time do you think an average traveler would spend in St Wolfgang? Would a day trip be a good one without feeling rushed? Would it be too ambitious to add St Gilgen on the same day with St Wolfgang?
We are trying to determine if we should spend 3 or 4 days there. If we spend 4 days in that area, we will have to cut Vienna one day short from 5 to 4 days. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 2 6 days in Stockholm - itinerary, questions
- 3 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 4 Road Trip - Ireland, Scotland and England
- 5 International drivers permit
- 6 Help me make this possible!
- 7 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 8 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 9 First visit to London
- 10 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 11 ATM
- 12 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 13 ATM help
- 14 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 15 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 17 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 18 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 19 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 20 Spain Itinerary
- 21 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 22 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 23 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 24 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 25 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall