We are a family of 3 who are planning to go to Austria next summer for the first time. I have spent some time reading about the areas we want to visit and I have a couple questions that I hope some of you could help answer. We plan to base ourselves in Bad Ischl for 3 or 4 days and tour the surrounding areas such as Hallstatt & St Wolfgang etc (we don't plan to drive).
1) We will likely get to Bad Ischl from Salzburg by bus before noon. We plan to drop off the luggage first, grab a quick bite then start touring the area. I believe Bad Ischl is not that big of a town but would it be reasonable to say we will have enough to do for half the day in Bad Ischl?
2) Second day we plan to take a day trip to Hallstatt. Third day we want to go to St Wolfgang. How much time do you think an average traveler would spend in St Wolfgang? Would a day trip be a good one without feeling rushed? Would it be too ambitious to add St Gilgen on the same day with St Wolfgang?
We are trying to determine if we should spend 3 or 4 days there. If we spend 4 days in that area, we will have to cut Vienna one day short from 5 to 4 days. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HOTMAIL@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Care 24x7
- 2 Natural History Museum: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- 3 Now to Madrid
- 4 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 5 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 6 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 7 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 8 Sicily: which coast?
- 9 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 10 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 11 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 12 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 13 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 14 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 15 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 16 3 days solo in London
- 17 Chania
- 18 Edinbrugh
- 19 Berlin to ?
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Help on ancient history route
- 22 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 23 Studying art in English in venice
- 24 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 25 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?