My wife and I will be traveling in France during June and July 2015. Over the last seven years we have spent quite a bit of time traveling around France but have not really explored Normandy or Brittany. I have the first 4 weeks covered with a stay in a favorite small town in the Luberon. Week 6 will be Paris and that is covered. So I am down to week 5. We have visited the D-Day beaches and Bayeux on previous trip (2 days). We will have a car. We are interested in architecture, churches, chateaux, etc..art.museums, historical sites. While we are not 'foodies,' we do appreciate a good dining experience. So, with this general hodge podge of interests, any ideas for a good base?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 2 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 3 Train help for Prague
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 6 Acropolis Athens
- 7 Interesting places to visit
- 8 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 9 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 12 Germany train help!
- 13 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 14 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 15 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 16 Swiss Travel Pass
- 17 We're here!
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 20 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 21 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 22 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 23 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 24 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 25 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)