stayed at many wonderful resorts in europe and were shocked by rude and defensive comments by staff members at hotel du lac in riva la garda. beautiful hotel, but guests do not deserve to ne treated as inhospitable as we did, particularly after spending a very hefty sum for a high end room. when politely requesting a simple coffee/tea unit, we were given such grief and made to feel that we were somehow being too demanding. Before being outright rude to us, they first claimed, very defensively and inhospitable, that, well no hotel in Italy does such a thing as coffee or tea in the room. I told them we just came from Hotel Accademia in Verona and they had it without even asking for it. They went on to say, rudely and defensively, well in Italy, no one drinks tea or coffee after ten, the time when their breakfast service ends. after pleading with them more and explaining that it is quite commonplace to have this in most good hotels, they exasperatedly responded, that well the could send up a water heater with personally delivered instructions (like we don't know how to properly operate one) and that as far as the tea bags or coffee - you're on your own - you can buy them in town. what a beautiful resort wasted on lame service !
avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 2 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 3 Help With Vienna
- 4 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 5 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 6 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 7 Flying from Paris to London: logistics help?
- 8 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 9 Turkey Family Vacation packages From India.
- 10 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 11 FREE SATNAV WORLDWIDE with OFFLINE NAVIGATION on Windows 8 phones
- 12 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 13 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 14 Nice or Marseille??
- 15 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 16 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 17 Air pollution in Paris
- 18 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 19 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 20 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 21 France, Italy and Greec
- 22 gites de france or agritourism
- 23 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?