stayed at many wonderful resorts in europe and were shocked by rude and defensive comments by staff members at hotel du lac in riva la garda. beautiful hotel, but guests do not deserve to ne treated as inhospitable as we did, particularly after spending a very hefty sum for a high end room. when politely requesting a simple coffee/tea unit, we were given such grief and made to feel that we were somehow being too demanding. Before being outright rude to us, they first claimed, very defensively and inhospitable, that, well no hotel in Italy does such a thing as coffee or tea in the room. I told them we just came from Hotel Accademia in Verona and they had it without even asking for it. They went on to say, rudely and defensively, well in Italy, no one drinks tea or coffee after ten, the time when their breakfast service ends. after pleading with them more and explaining that it is quite commonplace to have this in most good hotels, they exasperatedly responded, that well the could send up a water heater with personally delivered instructions (like we don't know how to properly operate one) and that as far as the tea bags or coffee - you're on your own - you can buy them in town. what a beautiful resort wasted on lame service !
avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 2 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 3 Too many Trip Reports
- 4 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 5 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 6 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 7 Berlin from Rostock?
- 8 What to do in Klaipeda?
- 9 Heathrow to Paddington Trains
- 10 Is this the right way<>?
- 11 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 12 Art in Paris
- 13 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 14 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 15 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 16 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 17 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 18 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 19 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 20 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 21 Hotels that we found special
- 22 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 23 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 24 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 25 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir