Me and a buddy are going on a mini-travelling break at the start of September - we are talking 1 to 2 weeks to keep cost down (poor students) and to tie in with starting back at uni in London.
There's only one place we HAVE to go and that's Utrecht, Netherlands - mainly because I need to go visit a building there as part of my university course.
Obviously, this part of the trip could be completed within a day or 2, but from there we are after some advice from you lovely people as to the best way to spend our remaining time.
Firstly, in such a small time-frame is it worth trying to turn this into a cross-country inter-railing experience? Or should we lower our aspirations to sticking within / around the Netherlands?
Secondly, (with either option) what would you suggest as a potential itinerary for two young architecture enthusiasts / students? While we are keen to visit main architectural landmarks, we are equally interested in experiencing the lesser known places that hold cultural significance or show what a place is really like.
Finally, with a trip no longer than 2 weeks, is it even worth buying the Inter-rail train passes, or is it more cost effective to purchase the journeys individually / fly whenever feasible?
Thank you in advance and apologies for the fairly vague post. I'm sure you'll have just as many questions for me as I will have for you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Month stay in Southern France
- 2 안산룸싸롱 ✰implbo.com✰ 동두천룸싸롱 동두천룸싸롱 #안산룸
- 3 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 6 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 7 Revised itinerary for italy
- 8 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 9 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 10 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 11 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 12 Hotel in Vienna
- 13 Places of interest
- 14 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 15 Switzerland in November?
- 16 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 17 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 18 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 19 vienna
- 20 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 21 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 22 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 23 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 24 Ireland travel passport question
- 25 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help