Me and a buddy are going on a mini-travelling break at the start of September - we are talking 1 to 2 weeks to keep cost down (poor students) and to tie in with starting back at uni in London.
There's only one place we HAVE to go and that's Utrecht, Netherlands - mainly because I need to go visit a building there as part of my university course.
Obviously, this part of the trip could be completed within a day or 2, but from there we are after some advice from you lovely people as to the best way to spend our remaining time.
Firstly, in such a small time-frame is it worth trying to turn this into a cross-country inter-railing experience? Or should we lower our aspirations to sticking within / around the Netherlands?
Secondly, (with either option) what would you suggest as a potential itinerary for two young architecture enthusiasts / students? While we are keen to visit main architectural landmarks, we are equally interested in experiencing the lesser known places that hold cultural significance or show what a place is really like.
Finally, with a trip no longer than 2 weeks, is it even worth buying the Inter-rail train passes, or is it more cost effective to purchase the journeys individually / fly whenever feasible?
Thank you in advance and apologies for the fairly vague post. I'm sure you'll have just as many questions for me as I will have for you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona completely overrated
- 2 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 3 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 4 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 5 Hotel recommendation in Berchtesgaden
- 6 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 7 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 8 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 9 Ravello to Paestum
- 10 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 11 Two weeks in Puglia - Help with itinerary please
- 12 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 13 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 14 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 15 Spain Itinerary Help
- 16 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 17 Itinerary Help!
- 18 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 19 Staying in or around Koblenz?
- 20 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 21 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 22 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 23 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 24 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 25 italy itinerary