Me and a buddy are going on a mini-travelling break at the start of September - we are talking 1 to 2 weeks to keep cost down (poor students) and to tie in with starting back at uni in London.
There's only one place we HAVE to go and that's Utrecht, Netherlands - mainly because I need to go visit a building there as part of my university course.
Obviously, this part of the trip could be completed within a day or 2, but from there we are after some advice from you lovely people as to the best way to spend our remaining time.
Firstly, in such a small time-frame is it worth trying to turn this into a cross-country inter-railing experience? Or should we lower our aspirations to sticking within / around the Netherlands?
Secondly, (with either option) what would you suggest as a potential itinerary for two young architecture enthusiasts / students? While we are keen to visit main architectural landmarks, we are equally interested in experiencing the lesser known places that hold cultural significance or show what a place is really like.
Finally, with a trip no longer than 2 weeks, is it even worth buying the Inter-rail train passes, or is it more cost effective to purchase the journeys individually / fly whenever feasible?
Thank you in advance and apologies for the fairly vague post. I'm sure you'll have just as many questions for me as I will have for you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BROTHER PRINTER l8OO68l72O8 installation CONTACT BROTHER Tec*h care S!
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Our future trip to Greece
- 4 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 5 Russia in two weeks in December
- 6 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 9 Christmas Day in Granada
- 10 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 11 car insurance italy
- 12 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 13 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 14 Venice/Mestre
- 15 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 16 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 17 Spanish Medical Providers
- 18 Transylvania - June 2018
- 19 Italy Car Scam
- 20 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 21 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 22 Krakow
- 23 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 24 Quizz !
- 25 Pay attention to your watches !