Me and a buddy are going on a mini-travelling break at the start of September - we are talking 1 to 2 weeks to keep cost down (poor students) and to tie in with starting back at uni in London.
There's only one place we HAVE to go and that's Utrecht, Netherlands - mainly because I need to go visit a building there as part of my university course.
Obviously, this part of the trip could be completed within a day or 2, but from there we are after some advice from you lovely people as to the best way to spend our remaining time.
Firstly, in such a small time-frame is it worth trying to turn this into a cross-country inter-railing experience? Or should we lower our aspirations to sticking within / around the Netherlands?
Secondly, (with either option) what would you suggest as a potential itinerary for two young architecture enthusiasts / students? While we are keen to visit main architectural landmarks, we are equally interested in experiencing the lesser known places that hold cultural significance or show what a place is really like.
Finally, with a trip no longer than 2 weeks, is it even worth buying the Inter-rail train passes, or is it more cost effective to purchase the journeys individually / fly whenever feasible?
Thank you in advance and apologies for the fairly vague post. I'm sure you'll have just as many questions for me as I will have for you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 2 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 3 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 4 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 5 Scotland itinerary help
- 6 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 7 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 8 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 9 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 10 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 11 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 12 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 13 Scotland
- 14 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 15 AMBOISE BALLOON RIDE !! out of this world
- 16 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 17 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 18 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 19 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 20 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 21 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Edinbrugh
- 24 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 25 Swimming to Paris