I am newly registered to the forum but have been following for about six months and am very grateful for all the helpful tips. I'm interested in hearing any tips for traveling with family and several children during peak tourist season (planned around kids' school schedules).
I will be visiting Paris for 8 days in late June - early July, with our family group of four adults, a six year old and a seventeen year old. We will stay in the 6th arr. at Hotel Clement, thanks to Fodors forum suggestions.
It is my sixth trip to Paris (and I've traveled extensively other places) but I haven't been since we had a child, and haven't visited at peak tourist time for over 25 years! It is my sister's family's first trip overseas. Two of us speak a bit of French. We all get along very well and the two kids are great and will love the city. The six year old adores art and goes to a lot of museums in our big urban area. But she's also a kid and loves to visit parks and play with other kids. The seventeen year old is interested in absorbing anything Parisian, and loves music, art, film, and writing. Both are pretty flexible.
We have our wish list of places we'd like to visit, (Rodin, Orsay, Orangerie, Louvre, Notre Dame, St. Chapelle, Cluny, Pompidou, Sacre Coeur, Versailles, Eiffel Tower), and have matched those plus some extra options up with the dates we'll be there and the days of the week things are open or closed. We'll mix that in with lots of city walks and exploring and realize we may not get to our whole wish list. But we'd welcome advice from others who have done a family trip in the summer as to how to best maximize our time to avoid the worst of the crowds at the most popular sights. And we're open to any ideas of fun things people have done with kids in Paris!
I plan to post a trip report when we get back, with reports on the kid and family perspective!
Thanks in advance for any tips.
Any tips for Paris visit with kids late June-early July?
- 1 Travel from Heathrow to Chessington
- 2 Family of 5 in Venice for 3 days -- will this work w/ kids?
- 3 caroline_venezia
- 4 9 nights in Ireland
- 5 Gary Seckendorf - Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 6 Surely someone has attended the Lyon Festival of Lights--advice please
- 7 Chip & Pin Only
- 8 Paris Photo from Bing Today
- 9 Italian Almond Bakery Cookie with dried cherry in center
- 10 1 1/2 Days in Frankfurt - Looking for Suggestions
- 11 7 days in Greece, September 2014
- 12 vienna accommodation help
- 13 A family of 4 - 4 days in Switzerland
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 Paris-Barcelona high-speed trains are go!
- 16 Turkey Museum Pass - Where to buy?
- 17 Swiss train travel - why so costly?
- 18 3 days 2nights in Sicily
- 19 how long in Malta?
- 20 Two weeks or so in Belgium and Netherlands
- 21 Funny questions over the years on Basque Country and Spain
- 22 Visiting Provence for first time - few questions
- 23 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 24 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 25 Heterogeneous Xmas in Spain