We will be picking up a rental car at the Airport in Rome, Italy, on April 19 around noon and will immediately start driving South. Our first destination will be Matera, but we'll need to rest after a 3 or 4 hour drive. Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice place to stop. We are thinking of Ostia, Anzio...(?). Thank you so much for your suggestions.
Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 2 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 3 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 4 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 5 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 6 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 7 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 8 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 9 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 10 Help with a small island in Greece
- 11 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 12 When is it best to go to Iceland to see the northern lights?
- 13 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 14 International driving permit required in France?
- 15 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 16 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 17 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 18 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 19 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 20 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 21 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 22 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 23 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 24 Versailles King's Chamber Tour
- 25 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)