Trip Idea: Amsterdam, Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Munich
Thank you for reading our post. My girlfriend and I are in the initial stages of planning our trip to these areas. We have read quite a few posts about not cramming too much into the trip, but sometimes it's hard to narrow things down.
We want to narrow down what would be best for us to do in our time that we have and in which order we should travel to each area. I'm hoping to maximize our time and see the most that we can, but we don't want to be overly rushed. Fast pace is ok, just not ludicrous speed.
- Museums, History, Beer (Oktoberfest), Castles, Hiking, Sightseeing, Shopping and more...
Travel Duration / Travel Dates / To & From:
- 18-20 days
- September 2016 / October 2016
- The idea right now would be to fly into Amsterdam and leave from Munich.
- Travel Day - 1 day
- Amsterdam - 4 days (Train on last day / overnight?)
- Berlin - 4 days (Train on last day early)
- Dresden - 1 day (Stay for day and leave early next morning)
- Prague - 3 days (Train on last day / overnight?)
- Munich - 4 days
- Travel Day - 1 day
1. Is this the best use of our time or should we go in a different order?
2. Is adding in Vienna out of the question? I think it is, but just wondering.
3. Any chance for day trips? If so what would you recommend?
4. Should we cut out Berlin and go a different route through Germany?
5. If #4 is cut out, is the Rhine River out of the question?
6. Are trains the best use of our time or something else
We really want to visit Amsterdam for the museums as well as Munich for Oktoberfest.
Thank you everyone in advance,
Josh & Tori
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 2 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 3 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 4 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 5 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 6 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 7 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 8 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 9 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 10 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 11 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 12 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 13 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 14 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 15 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 19 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 20 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 21 "Never Mind"
- 22 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 23 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 24 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 25 Visa Free Entry To Spain