Trip Idea: Amsterdam, Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Munich
Thank you for reading our post. My girlfriend and I are in the initial stages of planning our trip to these areas. We have read quite a few posts about not cramming too much into the trip, but sometimes it's hard to narrow things down.
We want to narrow down what would be best for us to do in our time that we have and in which order we should travel to each area. I'm hoping to maximize our time and see the most that we can, but we don't want to be overly rushed. Fast pace is ok, just not ludicrous speed.
- Museums, History, Beer (Oktoberfest), Castles, Hiking, Sightseeing, Shopping and more...
Travel Duration / Travel Dates / To & From:
- 18-20 days
- September 2016 / October 2016
- The idea right now would be to fly into Amsterdam and leave from Munich.
- Travel Day - 1 day
- Amsterdam - 4 days (Train on last day / overnight?)
- Berlin - 4 days (Train on last day early)
- Dresden - 1 day (Stay for day and leave early next morning)
- Prague - 3 days (Train on last day / overnight?)
- Munich - 4 days
- Travel Day - 1 day
1. Is this the best use of our time or should we go in a different order?
2. Is adding in Vienna out of the question? I think it is, but just wondering.
3. Any chance for day trips? If so what would you recommend?
4. Should we cut out Berlin and go a different route through Germany?
5. If #4 is cut out, is the Rhine River out of the question?
6. Are trains the best use of our time or something else
We really want to visit Amsterdam for the museums as well as Munich for Oktoberfest.
Thank you everyone in advance,
Josh & Tori
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 2 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 3 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 4 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 5 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 6 Paris in November
- 7 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Alhambra
- 10 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 11 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 12 Windsor Castle
- 13 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 14 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 15 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 16 Globus Iberian Tour
- 17 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Spain: train/rental car help
- 20 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 21 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 22 Private Guide in Lyon
- 23 Salzburg itinerary review
- 24 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 25 What's a must to buy in Paris?