Trip Idea: Amsterdam, Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Munich
Thank you for reading our post. My girlfriend and I are in the initial stages of planning our trip to these areas. We have read quite a few posts about not cramming too much into the trip, but sometimes it's hard to narrow things down.
We want to narrow down what would be best for us to do in our time that we have and in which order we should travel to each area. I'm hoping to maximize our time and see the most that we can, but we don't want to be overly rushed. Fast pace is ok, just not ludicrous speed.
- Museums, History, Beer (Oktoberfest), Castles, Hiking, Sightseeing, Shopping and more...
Travel Duration / Travel Dates / To & From:
- 18-20 days
- September 2016 / October 2016
- The idea right now would be to fly into Amsterdam and leave from Munich.
- Travel Day - 1 day
- Amsterdam - 4 days (Train on last day / overnight?)
- Berlin - 4 days (Train on last day early)
- Dresden - 1 day (Stay for day and leave early next morning)
- Prague - 3 days (Train on last day / overnight?)
- Munich - 4 days
- Travel Day - 1 day
1. Is this the best use of our time or should we go in a different order?
2. Is adding in Vienna out of the question? I think it is, but just wondering.
3. Any chance for day trips? If so what would you recommend?
4. Should we cut out Berlin and go a different route through Germany?
5. If #4 is cut out, is the Rhine River out of the question?
6. Are trains the best use of our time or something else
We really want to visit Amsterdam for the museums as well as Munich for Oktoberfest.
Thank you everyone in advance,
Josh & Tori
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 2 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 3 Visit to Engand
- 4 Help with basic itinerary
- 5 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 6 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 7 Final Four
- 8 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 9 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 10 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 11 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 12 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 13 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 14 Cornwall UK
- 15 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 16 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 17 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 18 Short Trip to Paris
- 19 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 20 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 21 Cinqueterre
- 22 Parking in Girona
- 23 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 24 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 25 SNCF - low price for summer