looking for some recommendations/advice from some wise travelers.
mid Sept trip planned for US couple in their mid 50s -
2 or 3 nights in Amsterdam, then a train into Germany - (maybe Cologne) and then 2 or 3 more stops in Germany for a total of 5 or 6 nights in Germany.
So for 5 or 6 nights in Germany
- would you stay in Rhine valley area, then hit Dusseldorf and Heidelberg?
would you rent a car to avoid train fatigue?
any suggestions on what cities to stay in (probably want to stay for at least 2 nights in any one place)....or any must see places?
any thoughts at all are greatly appreciated....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 3 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 4 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Germany train help!
- 7 Spain in July
- 8 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 11 Meteora for older folk
- 12 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 13 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 14 Train help for Prague
- 15 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 16 Athens
- 17 We're here!
- 18 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 19 Petrol in Greece
- 20 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 21 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Budapest & Prague
- 24 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 25 Traveling Greece without reservations