looking for some recommendations/advice from some wise travelers.
mid Sept trip planned for US couple in their mid 50s -
2 or 3 nights in Amsterdam, then a train into Germany - (maybe Cologne) and then 2 or 3 more stops in Germany for a total of 5 or 6 nights in Germany.
So for 5 or 6 nights in Germany
- would you stay in Rhine valley area, then hit Dusseldorf and Heidelberg?
would you rent a car to avoid train fatigue?
any suggestions on what cities to stay in (probably want to stay for at least 2 nights in any one place)....or any must see places?
any thoughts at all are greatly appreciated....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 3 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 4 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 5 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 6 Les Invalides Night Show
- 7 limousine services - milan - rome
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 10 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 13 Camogli and surrounds
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 16 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 17 2 days in Florence
- 18 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 21 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 24 Shuttle service from Munich to Prague
- 25 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto