looking for some recommendations/advice from some wise travelers.
mid Sept trip planned for US couple in their mid 50s -
2 or 3 nights in Amsterdam, then a train into Germany - (maybe Cologne) and then 2 or 3 more stops in Germany for a total of 5 or 6 nights in Germany.
So for 5 or 6 nights in Germany
- would you stay in Rhine valley area, then hit Dusseldorf and Heidelberg?
would you rent a car to avoid train fatigue?
any suggestions on what cities to stay in (probably want to stay for at least 2 nights in any one place)....or any must see places?
any thoughts at all are greatly appreciated....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 2 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 3 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 4 First time in London
- 5 Vacation
- 6 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 7 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 8 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 11 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 12 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 13 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 14 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 15 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 19 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 20 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 21 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 22 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Day trips around Vienna
- 25 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary