I visited Europe for the first time in May 2015. I got to see 9 cities (London, Paris, Berlin, Prague, Rome, Florence, Geneva, Barcelona, and Lisbon) in 20 days. My favorite things were the museums and tourist destinations like the Eiffel tower, Sistene Chapel, Stonehenge, Leaning Tower of Pisa, St. Vitus Cathedral, Ponte Vecchio, etc.). I'm not one for nightlife or relaxation on these trips. Essentially, I want to go to cities that have a lot of things to do: history, arts, culture, museums, tourist destinations, etc.
I'd really appreciate your help in deciding on what cities to visit next. There are so many and I'm having trouble in deciding which ones to visit and in figuring out how to split the cities up so that the trips are most cost effective (can take the train if the cities are close together geographically).
Here is a list of cities that have caught my interest. With your help and experiences, I hope to narrow it down and also organize the cities into coherent trip plans. In a perfect world, each trip would last around 14 days and include 6 cities at most.
Here are the cities. The ones with asterisks next to them are one I definitely want to visit. Also, if there are any cities that you really loved that you think I'd like, I would be more than happy to add them to the list.
More Eastern: (This is where I need the most help narrowing down)
*Dubrovnik (Other people say to visit Split, Hvar, Zadar as well. Help!)
More Northern Europe:
As you can see, there are way too many cities on the list. I would like to narrow it down so I can go on 4 trips at most - so around 24 cities (at the max). I know every one of these is worth visiting in it's own right but I hope to go to ones that suit my interests.
This is my first time posting on here so I apologize in advance for any mistakes I may have made.
Thanks for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 2 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 3 SURPRISE TRIP
- 4 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 5 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 6 Paris in August
- 7 13 nights in switzerland
- 8 Europe for Beginners
- 9 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 10 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 11 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 12 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 13 Use of Train Tickets
- 14 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 15 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 16 Short time in Vienna
- 17 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 20 Iceland in January/February
- 21 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 22 Valencia Spain
- 23 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 24 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 25 Update on Bob the Navigator