My wife and I have booked a 7-night Rick Steves Paris tour for late June. Prior to Paris we have 3 nights in Amsterdam (I also have a "first Amsterdam visit" thread in the Netherlands forum). We are staying in the 7th from a Monday night to the following Sunday night. As with the Amsterdam visit, our main but not exclusive focus is art. My last visit here was 1996!
The tour includes a fair number of sights* but it mostly leaves afternoons and evenings open. This thread is about critiquing what I've sketched out for the open time. Here's the initial plan:
Mon - arrive in Paris at 12:30, meet tour group at 15:00, dinner with tour group. no other activities planned.
Tues - tour stuff in the 6th in the AM. Afternoon: Cluny & Orsay museums, tooling around Latin Qtr. Got a ticket for a 23:00 Eifel tower ride to summit.
Wed - tour stuff in Montmarte in AM. Afternoon: I'm leaving open since this is the mid-point of our overall 10-day trip. I've found it's a good to reserve some downtime to recharge.
Thur - tour stuff in Marais in AM. Afternoon: Cartier museum & Picasso tour
Fri - tour spends all day at Versailles. I'm thinking of swapping this for Chantilly, Vaux-le-Vicomte, Chartres, or a Fat Tire bike tour.
Sat - tour stuff in AM. Afternoon: Rodin, Pompidou
Sun - Marmottan museum, otherwise wide open
Mon - fly home
* The tour already includes these things, so no need to suggest adding them! Historical walking tour of the city center, ND, Sainte-Chapelle, Latin Qtr, Cluny, Montmarte, Sacre Coeur, evening river cruise, Marais walking tour, Orangerie tour, Louvre tour, and an all-day tour of Versailles.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 2 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 3 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 4 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 5 Piedmont as a destination
- 6 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 7 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 8 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 9 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 10 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 11 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 12 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 13 Passport proplems
- 14 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 15 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 18 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 19 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 20 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 21 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 22 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 23 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 24 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 25 Itinerary help...