My wife and I have booked a 7-night Rick Steves Paris tour for late June. Prior to Paris we have 3 nights in Amsterdam (I also have a "first Amsterdam visit" thread in the Netherlands forum). We are staying in the 7th from a Monday night to the following Sunday night. As with the Amsterdam visit, our main but not exclusive focus is art. My last visit here was 1996!
The tour includes a fair number of sights* but it mostly leaves afternoons and evenings open. This thread is about critiquing what I've sketched out for the open time. Here's the initial plan:
Mon - arrive in Paris at 12:30, meet tour group at 15:00, dinner with tour group. no other activities planned.
Tues - tour stuff in the 6th in the AM. Afternoon: Cluny & Orsay museums, tooling around Latin Qtr. Got a ticket for a 23:00 Eifel tower ride to summit.
Wed - tour stuff in Montmarte in AM. Afternoon: I'm leaving open since this is the mid-point of our overall 10-day trip. I've found it's a good to reserve some downtime to recharge.
Thur - tour stuff in Marais in AM. Afternoon: Cartier museum & Picasso tour
Fri - tour spends all day at Versailles. I'm thinking of swapping this for Chantilly, Vaux-le-Vicomte, Chartres, or a Fat Tire bike tour.
Sat - tour stuff in AM. Afternoon: Rodin, Pompidou
Sun - Marmottan museum, otherwise wide open
Mon - fly home
* The tour already includes these things, so no need to suggest adding them! Historical walking tour of the city center, ND, Sainte-Chapelle, Latin Qtr, Cluny, Montmarte, Sacre Coeur, evening river cruise, Marais walking tour, Orangerie tour, Louvre tour, and an all-day tour of Versailles.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 구의휴게텔 구의오피 아찔한 달리기 www.adal.ml 구의건마 구의마사지 구의키스방
- 2 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 3 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 4 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 5 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 6 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 7 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 8 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 9 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 10 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 11 "Never Mind"
- 12 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 13 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 14 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 15 Via del Sale, Italy
- 16 Route/guide book request for Italy
- 17 Nafplio to Hydra
- 18 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 19 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 20 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 21 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 22 Prague itinerary advice
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 25 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast