My wife and I have booked a 7-night Rick Steves Paris tour for late June. Prior to Paris we have 3 nights in Amsterdam (I also have a "first Amsterdam visit" thread in the Netherlands forum). We are staying in the 7th from a Monday night to the following Sunday night. As with the Amsterdam visit, our main but not exclusive focus is art. My last visit here was 1996!
The tour includes a fair number of sights* but it mostly leaves afternoons and evenings open. This thread is about critiquing what I've sketched out for the open time. Here's the initial plan:
Mon - arrive in Paris at 12:30, meet tour group at 15:00, dinner with tour group. no other activities planned.
Tues - tour stuff in the 6th in the AM. Afternoon: Cluny & Orsay museums, tooling around Latin Qtr. Got a ticket for a 23:00 Eifel tower ride to summit.
Wed - tour stuff in Montmarte in AM. Afternoon: I'm leaving open since this is the mid-point of our overall 10-day trip. I've found it's a good to reserve some downtime to recharge.
Thur - tour stuff in Marais in AM. Afternoon: Cartier museum & Picasso tour
Fri - tour spends all day at Versailles. I'm thinking of swapping this for Chantilly, Vaux-le-Vicomte, Chartres, or a Fat Tire bike tour.
Sat - tour stuff in AM. Afternoon: Rodin, Pompidou
Sun - Marmottan museum, otherwise wide open
Mon - fly home
* The tour already includes these things, so no need to suggest adding them! Historical walking tour of the city center, ND, Sainte-Chapelle, Latin Qtr, Cluny, Montmarte, Sacre Coeur, evening river cruise, Marais walking tour, Orangerie tour, Louvre tour, and an all-day tour of Versailles.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681 :7208 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 2 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 5 First visit to London
- 6 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 7 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 8 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 9 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 10 Car Rental
- 11 Balkans
- 12 My first trip to Crete
- 13 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 14 Ireland Trip
- 15 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 16 London is it worth it?
- 17 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 18 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 19 Final advice (I think) Restaurants!
- 20 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 21 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 22 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 23 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 24 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 25 Airport Transportation