My wife and I have booked a 7-night Rick Steves Paris tour for late June. Prior to Paris we have 3 nights in Amsterdam (I also have a "first Amsterdam visit" thread in the Netherlands forum). We are staying in the 7th from a Monday night to the following Sunday night. As with the Amsterdam visit, our main but not exclusive focus is art. My last visit here was 1996!
The tour includes a fair number of sights* but it mostly leaves afternoons and evenings open. This thread is about critiquing what I've sketched out for the open time. Here's the initial plan:
Mon - arrive in Paris at 12:30, meet tour group at 15:00, dinner with tour group. no other activities planned.
Tues - tour stuff in the 6th in the AM. Afternoon: Cluny & Orsay museums, tooling around Latin Qtr. Got a ticket for a 23:00 Eifel tower ride to summit.
Wed - tour stuff in Montmarte in AM. Afternoon: I'm leaving open since this is the mid-point of our overall 10-day trip. I've found it's a good to reserve some downtime to recharge.
Thur - tour stuff in Marais in AM. Afternoon: Cartier museum & Picasso tour
Fri - tour spends all day at Versailles. I'm thinking of swapping this for Chantilly, Vaux-le-Vicomte, Chartres, or a Fat Tire bike tour.
Sat - tour stuff in AM. Afternoon: Rodin, Pompidou
Sun - Marmottan museum, otherwise wide open
Mon - fly home
* The tour already includes these things, so no need to suggest adding them! Historical walking tour of the city center, ND, Sainte-Chapelle, Latin Qtr, Cluny, Montmarte, Sacre Coeur, evening river cruise, Marais walking tour, Orangerie tour, Louvre tour, and an all-day tour of Versailles.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 2 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 3 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 4 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 5 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 6 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 7 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Tracking the Weather
- 10 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 11 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 12 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 13 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 14 Europe itinerary help!
- 15 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 18 Which Day?
- 19 barcelona neighborhood
- 20 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 21 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 22 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 23 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 24 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 25 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€