My wife and I have booked a 7-night Rick Steves Paris tour for late June. Prior to Paris we have 3 nights in Amsterdam (I also have a "first Amsterdam visit" thread in the Netherlands forum). We are staying in the 7th from a Monday night to the following Sunday night. As with the Amsterdam visit, our main but not exclusive focus is art. My last visit here was 1996!
The tour includes a fair number of sights* but it mostly leaves afternoons and evenings open. This thread is about critiquing what I've sketched out for the open time. Here's the initial plan:
Mon - arrive in Paris at 12:30, meet tour group at 15:00, dinner with tour group. no other activities planned.
Tues - tour stuff in the 6th in the AM. Afternoon: Cluny & Orsay museums, tooling around Latin Qtr. Got a ticket for a 23:00 Eifel tower ride to summit.
Wed - tour stuff in Montmarte in AM. Afternoon: I'm leaving open since this is the mid-point of our overall 10-day trip. I've found it's a good to reserve some downtime to recharge.
Thur - tour stuff in Marais in AM. Afternoon: Cartier museum & Picasso tour
Fri - tour spends all day at Versailles. I'm thinking of swapping this for Chantilly, Vaux-le-Vicomte, Chartres, or a Fat Tire bike tour.
Sat - tour stuff in AM. Afternoon: Rodin, Pompidou
Sun - Marmottan museum, otherwise wide open
Mon - fly home
* The tour already includes these things, so no need to suggest adding them! Historical walking tour of the city center, ND, Sainte-Chapelle, Latin Qtr, Cluny, Montmarte, Sacre Coeur, evening river cruise, Marais walking tour, Orangerie tour, Louvre tour, and an all-day tour of Versailles.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 3 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 4 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 5 Renting a car in Greece
- 6 renting a car in greece
- 7 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 8 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 9 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 10 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 11 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 12 retruning to US with souveniers
- 13 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 14 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 15 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 18 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 19 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 20 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Help on ancient history route
- 23 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 24 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 25 Can you locate this picture in Greece?