I am planning to spend a week in Ireland for the new year. My plan is to spend the entire time based in Dublin and take several day tours from there. I thought this would be less complicated given the holiday and the fact that I have no desire to drive. I have 7 days total. So far I've identified 3 day tours and would like your opinions on them or suggestions for others that I should try. Thanks for the help!
2 days in Dublin exploring
Day trip to north of Dublin including hill of Tara, slane castle, loughcrew, and monisterboice. The tour is operated by extreme Ireland.
Open day in Dublin
Day trip to cliffs of moher with Limerick and doolin, also operated by extreme Ireland.
Day trip to Glendalough and Kilkenny, operated by Collins tours
Open day in Dublin, leave at 8pm
a week in Ireland over New year's
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 2 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 3 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 4 Three ferries to Mull
- 5 Eastern Europe
- 6 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 7 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 8 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 9 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 10 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 13 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 14 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 15 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 16 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 17 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 18 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 19 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 20 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 21 American Express
- 22 Airport ATMs
- 23 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 24 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 25 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague