My husband and I are planning a month long stay in Florence early this summer. We have reserved a small 2 room apt in a villa just below the Fiesole hills on the outskirts of Florence. We do not want to rent a car. We're interested in music and art, and getting to know the culture of the region, including cooking most of our own meals. I would greatly appreciate any advice and suggestions that those of you familiar with the area, can give us. Also any tips that might help us keep our expenses down. Thank you in advance!
A month in Florence-no car
View all Europe activity »
- 1 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 2 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 3 Spain - Andalucia
- 4 Euro Train
- 5 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 6 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 7 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 8 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 9 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 10 Trip around Spain
- 11 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 12 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 13 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 14 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 15 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 16 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 17 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 18 One more last question on Bayeux
- 19 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 20 Medieval Tallinn
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia