My husband and I are planning a month long stay in Florence early this summer. We have reserved a small 2 room apt in a villa just below the Fiesole hills on the outskirts of Florence. We do not want to rent a car. We're interested in music and art, and getting to know the culture of the region, including cooking most of our own meals. I would greatly appreciate any advice and suggestions that those of you familiar with the area, can give us. Also any tips that might help us keep our expenses down. Thank you in advance!
A month in Florence-no car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 2 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 3 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 4 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 5 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 6 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 7 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 8 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 9 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 10 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 11 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 12 Estonia Amber
- 13 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 14 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 15 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 16 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 UK for 12 days !
- 19 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 20 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 21 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 22 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 23 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 24 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 25 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday