My husband and I are planning a month long stay in Florence early this summer. We have reserved a small 2 room apt in a villa just below the Fiesole hills on the outskirts of Florence. We do not want to rent a car. We're interested in music and art, and getting to know the culture of the region, including cooking most of our own meals. I would greatly appreciate any advice and suggestions that those of you familiar with the area, can give us. Also any tips that might help us keep our expenses down. Thank you in advance!
A month in Florence-no car
- 1 I Need To Vent!
- 2 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 3 Balloon rides in Swiss
- 4 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 5 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 6 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 7 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 8 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 9 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 10 Munich Hotels near train station downtown
- 11 Vienna State Opera - possible for adult and child to switch seats?
- 12 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 13 Rome Itineray - I've done most of my homework; Needs fine tuning!
- 14 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 15 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 16 Ghent Alterpiece Moved?
- 17 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 18 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 19 What the heck- purchased italian train tickets for wrong date!
- 20 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 21 Norway - Midsummer Celebration??
- 22 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 23 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 24 Garmisch-Partenkirchen accomodations
- 25 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death