My husband and I are planning a month long stay in Florence early this summer. We have reserved a small 2 room apt in a villa just below the Fiesole hills on the outskirts of Florence. We do not want to rent a car. We're interested in music and art, and getting to know the culture of the region, including cooking most of our own meals. I would greatly appreciate any advice and suggestions that those of you familiar with the area, can give us. Also any tips that might help us keep our expenses down. Thank you in advance!
A month in Florence-no car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 2 Airport ATMs
- 3 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 4 London to Paris by train
- 5 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 6 Eastern Europe
- 7 First time to Switzerland
- 8 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 9 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 10 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 11 All Set To Go!!
- 12 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 13 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 14 4 weeks in the UK
- 15 Granada
- 16 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 17 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Ulysses S. Grant's European Tour?
- 18 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 19 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 20 Switzerland help...?
- 21 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 22 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 23 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 24 Looking for clean & reputable hotels in Venice, Florence and Rome!
- 25 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??