My husband and I are taking our four kids (18,16,13, &8) to Paris this summer. This is our first trip out of the U.S. and it is a little daunting and very exciting. There is some concern about traveling in the wake of the tragedies that have occurred recently. I have been keeping up to date on news and it seems things are returning to normal. We are planning to rent an apartment and use the metro to get around. We will be there nine days. I would greatly appreciate any tips or suggestions that anyone may have. Also, the two oldest are boys and like to skateboard. How is that received by locals?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 2 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 3 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 6 Scotland itinerary advice
- 7 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 8 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 9 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 10 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 11 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 12 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 13 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 14 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 15 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 16 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 17 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 18 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 19 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 20 Valencia Spain
- 21 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 22 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 23 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 24 Visiting Zurich
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)