I'm just starting to plan a trip for September 2018 and could use some expert help! We are coming from New Zealand so it's a long and expensive trip for us, and we want to make the very most of our time. We plan to be away from home for a month, and will roughly block it into 4 four-week chunks, maybe more or less a day or two. The chunks I'm thinking of are London, Paris, then we love the look of the Amalfi Coast, and also Provence.
We have been to London and Paris before, so will be looking to add in some of the things we haven't seen already (done all the usual already
I haven't been to the Amalfi Coast but have done a tour that included Venice (loved it), Florence (again) Rome and some of the countryside.
Last year we spent a week in Provence, stayed in Isle-sur-la-Sorgue and did day trips around the usual gorgeous villages - Rousillion, Gordes, Lourmarin, Pont du Gard - and loved our time there. We also had a couple of nights in Cassis (gorgeous) and lovely Nice.
We are thinking of going to Provence again because we love it but need help with suggestions as to where to base ourselves to give ourselves some down time along with day trips, and we don't want to go to the same places, much as we loved them. We are open to suggestions, it doesn't have to be Provence, it could be somewhere else in France entirely, but I don't know which direction to head.
We hired a car for our Provence part of the trip last year, and used the trains and plane.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whathello Paris
- 2 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 3 How to hire a private cook in Algarve
- 4 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 5 One free day in Barcelona
- 6 "Too Much Cows"
- 7 Alitala
- 8 Athens Help
- 9 Uber vs. TfL
- 10 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 Rome -- The next time around
- 13 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 14 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 15 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 18 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 19 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 20 Trains in Italy
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 23 Crete Holiday
- 24 Christmas in Italy
- 25 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!