I'm just starting to plan a trip for September 2018 and could use some expert help! We are coming from New Zealand so it's a long and expensive trip for us, and we want to make the very most of our time. We plan to be away from home for a month, and will roughly block it into 4 four-week chunks, maybe more or less a day or two. The chunks I'm thinking of are London, Paris, then we love the look of the Amalfi Coast, and also Provence.
We have been to London and Paris before, so will be looking to add in some of the things we haven't seen already (done all the usual already
I haven't been to the Amalfi Coast but have done a tour that included Venice (loved it), Florence (again) Rome and some of the countryside.
Last year we spent a week in Provence, stayed in Isle-sur-la-Sorgue and did day trips around the usual gorgeous villages - Rousillion, Gordes, Lourmarin, Pont du Gard - and loved our time there. We also had a couple of nights in Cassis (gorgeous) and lovely Nice.
We are thinking of going to Provence again because we love it but need help with suggestions as to where to base ourselves to give ourselves some down time along with day trips, and we don't want to go to the same places, much as we loved them. We are open to suggestions, it doesn't have to be Provence, it could be somewhere else in France entirely, but I don't know which direction to head.
We hired a car for our Provence part of the trip last year, and used the trains and plane.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 2 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 3 Alitala
- 4 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 5 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 6 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 7 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 8 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 9 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 13 celticmoon, a quick question
- 14 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 15 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 16 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 17 B&B in Ireland
- 18 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 19 Europe First Timers
- 20 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 21 Trains in Italy
- 22 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 23 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 24 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 25 Greek Village