My husband and I made a last minute decision to head over to the UK for our honeymoon this fall (9 days, end of Sept- first of Oct). Problem is, we had already booked out our vacation time for a more domestic trip, and only have 9 days...
We fly in/out of London. From there, nothing solid planned yet, but considering:
London-York (2 nights?)-Edinburgh-Scottish Highlands (Urquhart castle, loch ness, have to see wallace monument as I'm a wallace)- Glasgow- Liverpool?- Bath/Cotswolds/Stonehenge?- back to London.
We were also hoping for a day trip to Normandy, but that may not be as feasible as we had hoped. We plan to rent a car for the Scottish portion, but rail/transit the rest.
Thoughts/ any thing we can skip or should add? Or suggestions on where to stay for those portions?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 2 Uber vs. TfL
- 3 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 4 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 5 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 6 Europe First Timers
- 7 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 8 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 11 Berlin -clubs
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 14 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 15 base in brussels
- 16 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 17 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 18 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 19 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 20 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 21 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 Trains in Italy
- 24 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 25 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel