My husband and I made a last minute decision to head over to the UK for our honeymoon this fall (9 days, end of Sept- first of Oct). Problem is, we had already booked out our vacation time for a more domestic trip, and only have 9 days...
We fly in/out of London. From there, nothing solid planned yet, but considering:
London-York (2 nights?)-Edinburgh-Scottish Highlands (Urquhart castle, loch ness, have to see wallace monument as I'm a wallace)- Glasgow- Liverpool?- Bath/Cotswolds/Stonehenge?- back to London.
We were also hoping for a day trip to Normandy, but that may not be as feasible as we had hoped. We plan to rent a car for the Scottish portion, but rail/transit the rest.
Thoughts/ any thing we can skip or should add? Or suggestions on where to stay for those portions?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://supplementbase.com/nutraher-lean
- 2 Wearing The Hijab in Slovenia???
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 5 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 8 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 11 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 Juangfrau / mt
- 14 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Switzerland
- 17 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 18 Questions about Polish sights
- 19 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 22 Ireland travel passport question
- 23 Italy
- 24 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 25 Revised itinerary for italy