My husband and I made a last minute decision to head over to the UK for our honeymoon this fall (9 days, end of Sept- first of Oct). Problem is, we had already booked out our vacation time for a more domestic trip, and only have 9 days...
We fly in/out of London. From there, nothing solid planned yet, but considering:
London-York (2 nights?)-Edinburgh-Scottish Highlands (Urquhart castle, loch ness, have to see wallace monument as I'm a wallace)- Glasgow- Liverpool?- Bath/Cotswolds/Stonehenge?- back to London.
We were also hoping for a day trip to Normandy, but that may not be as feasible as we had hoped. We plan to rent a car for the Scottish portion, but rail/transit the rest.
Thoughts/ any thing we can skip or should add? Or suggestions on where to stay for those portions?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 favorite app for converting US $$
- 2 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 3 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 4 Trip in September
- 5 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 6 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 7 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 8 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 9 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 10 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 11 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 12 SNCF - low price for summer
- 13 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 14 Light weight small converter?
- 15 Dublin and Northern Ireland with public transportation
- 16 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets
- 17 Positano Surprise
- 18 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 19 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 20 Best of Norway
- 21 Escorted tours Norway
- 22 Munich Hotel Location
- 23 Small towns not too near Paris
- 24 Car rental help in Sicily
- 25 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia